Not Engaged Yet

Whateva Wednesday

SwazzleSwazzle member
First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
edited November 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
Happy hump day! 

I am so tired today for some reason. I dozed on the train coming to work which I never do (I'm always afraid I'll miss my stop). It might be a multiple cups of coffee kinda day. 

I didn't make it to the gym last night. I was too sore so I tried soaking in an epsom salt bath which honestly didn't seem to do anything for me at all so I'm wondering if I did something wrong since so many people recommended it to me. H made us dinner (HC Healthy Takeout Cashew Pork with Jasmine Rice) and it was SO good. One of my absolute favorites. 

Tonight I'm going to attempt a class at the gym, get my eyebrows handled, and pick something up for dinner while I'm out. I want to squeeze in at least one episode of The Leftovers before I go to bed because I'm 5 behind and I want to catch up! 

What'd you have for dinner last night? 
What is/was for breakfast? 
What are you wearing today? 
What's a good show you're currently watching? 
Are you reading anything right now?
How do you like your coffee/tea? 
What would you do if you came across $1000 (you have to spend it)? 
What toppings do you like on your pizza? 
What's making you happy today?
Can you believe we're more than halfway through the month of November?

Re: Whateva Wednesday

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    Morning! I am extra tired today too. I was tossing and turning all night and kept having weird dreams.

Burgers!

It is always cereal or if I don't have time I go to dunkin for a blueberry donut.

Gonna be wearing my work shirt and jeans and sneakers.

Its not on tv anymore but parenthood on Netflix. It is SO GOOD.

No but I want to be

Black or with just a little half and half. Like a drop.

Pay my car... That's like a huge chunk off my loan lol.

Pepperoni and black olives and extra sauce

No longer being in the pain I was in yesterday lol

No make it stop!
  • What'd you have for dinner last night? 
    Home Chef Healthy Takeout Cashew Pork with Jasmine Rice

A toasted english muffin, topped with mashed avocado, sliced hard-boiled egg, and Frank's Hot Sauce.

The Walking Dead, Scream Queens, Quantico, Grey's, How to Get Away with Murder, Scandal, Life in Pieces, Homeland, The Leftovers. 

I just started The Silkworm (Cormoran Strike #2) by Robert Galbraith aka JK Rowling

Lately, I've been adding a little French Vanilla creamer to my coffee when I'm at work. 

Use it to buy Christmas presents and decorations for my house! 

I love most toppings. My go-to is generally just pepperoni. If H isn't home, I'll order a veggie pizza since he refuses to eat that. 

Books. I've read a lot this year and I'm really excited for my current book and the one I'll read after this. 

• I was home yesterday with a migraine.  Thankfully I'm feeling good today... Tylenol doesn't cut it.

Carne asada, rice, beans, fajita veggies, guac

Breakfast protein shake and a snack later

Navy and white striped jersey dress, dark green open cardi, boots

Nothing right now!

I just finished The Lake House by Kate Morton and The Girl from Krakow by Alex Rosenberg.  They were both really good books.  Time to load up my Kindle again!

With a tiny bit of real (heavy) cream.

Put it towards our new floors or pay for a nice little arbor to be set up in the backyard.

Mmmmm... pesto, fresh mozzarella, chicken, roasted onions, arugula.

I scrubbed the bathroom yesterday and dusted/cleaned the bedroom.  It made me happy to wake up to a fresh room and bathroom.

Yes.  It's starting to get cold here.  Christmas lights are popping up.  Thanksgiving is next week.  All good things (except for the getting cold part!)
  • @untouchablets - I'm so glad you're feeling better today! I've never seen Parenthood but everyone I know that watched it loved it so it's on my list for some point in the future! 

@CocoBellaF - How was The Lake House? It's on my list. I read The Secret Keeper and loved it. 

• @Swazzle - I love anything Kate Morton.  I enjoyed The Lake House, but The Forgotten Garden will always be my favorite.

• Good Morning!

Last night I met up with some friends for Taco Tuesday and then we saw the Martian (it's discount day at cinemark $5.50 ticket) I really liked it, but it made me have weird space dreams. I really wanted to stop for a hot chocolate this morning but didn't because it probably would have made me late. Sitting here regretting that decision now.
    Tonight I'm going to make homemade fettuccine alfredo with mushrooms and maybe help H install the trim in the bathroom. I also have some things I want him to help me hang.

I met up with some friends after work for taco Tuesday at a restaurant. I got spicy shrimp tacos with guac. Yum!

So far I've had a piece of pumpkin roll that a co-worker made and a banana

grey leggings, black and white polka-dot dress and a pink cardigan

I just started the Blacklist and me and H are watching the Flash

Do articles about pregnancy/babies count?

coffee-with cream and sugar. Tea- with honey

Probably buy baby stuff!

Pepperoni, mushroom, green pepper, black olive.

My boss is out of the office :)

NO! I need to start thinking about Christmas shopping! I have zero ideas for people this year.

@CocoBellaF ohh I forgot about pesto as a topping. I like to get flat bread and make pesto-chicken pizza with sun-dried tomatoes and caramelized onions.

• @Jstump2 that sounds reallllly good with the sun-dried tomatoes!
  • ahh I slept so good last night.  The new person on our team is coming in for training today no idea if I will be able to get back to any posting.  This may be a post and run.   :-(

@cocobellaF I hope you are feeling better and yea Tylenol is the worst for that stuff & it's the only thing you can really take. 

@swazzle I love the boots!

Veggie chick'n breast with cheese and enchilada sauce, also some carrots

yogurt and raspberries

Grey dress pants & a blue blouse

The walking dead & that's about it sadly.  I'm so far behind on AHS

Yes and I totally am blanking on the name of the book too.

I like tea no coffee, I just like it plain actually.  I only add honey if I am sick.

put it towards a vacation

mushroom and olives

I slept well & hopefully some good news from the doctor today

I know that is crazy.  I haven't even begun Christmas shopping yet either. 

Anniversary

• @helloliv - You are a goddamn ROCKSTAR! Yes, I just put epsom salt in the tub and then got in and laughed at Bailey for a while because he's never seen a tub with water in it before in his life so he was really freaked out (he's my bathroom buddy, it gives him a much-needed break from Brody). I didn't feel any better/different when I got out and my hammies feel worse today than they did yesterday :cry: My boots are Sam Edelman. I got them on sale at Nordstrom! They're my favorite boots of all time (I have them in black also) especially because they come in wide calf. 

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    Morning everyone! I locked myself out of the house last night, only to discover this morning that my house key was in my car the entire time.  Yup, I feel brilliant today.

Other than being a blonde, nothing exciting happened yesterday.  Tonight is taco night. And I need to go food shopping so I have all the food for our Thanksgivings.

@untouchablets so glad you're feeling better today!

@swazzle that breakfast sounds perfect

@jenna8984 enjoy Denver! 

What'd you have for dinner last night?  Pesto chicken with gnocchi and brussel sprouts.  The gnocchi didn't taste right so we ended up only eating the chicken and brussel sprouts.

What is/was for breakfast?  Apple, cinnamon, and oats and a cup of coffee with Baileys mudslide creamer

What are you wearing today?  Black heels, beige dress pants, burnt orange sweater, beige cami

What's a good show you're currently watching?  Once, HTGAWM, and Reign -- though I'm super behind since I still don't have anything hooked up at my house and can only watch them when I'm at my mom's

Are you reading anything right now? I had to put all my pleasure reading on hold, to get through my book for my one class that I have to write a review.  It is about the rapes and murders in Africa, and it's taken me a week to get through the first chapter.  I'm just going to power through so I can read something that isn't so graphic.

How do you like your coffee/tea?  Coffee with creamer (if that's not available then sugar and milk).  Tea - sometimes with honey, but usually I drink it as is, unless it is iced tea then sweet

What would you do if you came across $1000 (you have to spend it)?  every time we ask this, I say travel.  But honestly, I'd use it towards my student loans.

What toppings do you like on your pizza?  Cheese, Sausage, Pepperoni, Vegetables, Cheese

What's making you happy today? The generosity of others.  We are collecting items for homeless children in the area; several of my coworkers went and bought one of everything on the list. We also pick names off a tree for Christmas gifts; several children asked for a bed, so we are now starting a collection to buy these kids a bed.

Can you believe we're more than halfway through the month of November? No, this entire year has just flown by.  I can't believe next week is Thanksgiving, though I am super excited to have a four day weekend.

*eta I can't type
  • @jenjen047 what area are you moving to? Have you booked a honeymoon yet?

• @CocoBellaF Get some peppermint oil, I swear by it for my migraines.  Especially since you can't take anything stronger. I just rub it on my temples, and it helps everything feel not as bad.  Also, scalp massages, and apparently your big toe is the pressure point for your head.  
  • @jenjen047 I love the headband so much!

@helloliv wow you are amazing!

Anniversary

• @speakeasy14 I have some peppermint oil, I just forget to use it.  *dumb*
  • I'm going to be 100% lazy today and only post my answers. Plus, I'm going to waaah that I have cramps today and that the 5k row we did at CF this morning has given me blisters on both hands (so sexy, right?).

Home Chef pork loin with apple cider sauce and broccoli mash

A Belvita bar (pre CF), two hardboiled eggs and some grapes (post CF)

Jeans, tank top, striped cardigan

Gilmore Girls ;)

I'm about halfway through Mindy Kaling's second book

Not at all, thankyouverymuch. I'll take hot chocolate, though!

I'd buy myself a matching wedding bad.

Meat, pineapple

Getting in a kick-ass workout. That always makes me feel like a bit of a badass. oh, and I'm wearing my badass socks, too :smile: 

Hell no. It will be 2016 before we know it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @swazzle, my friend who uses epsom salts always uses them in ice baths. Seems dangerous to me because of how fast flesh freezes, but he stands by it.

@cocobellaf, I'm glad you're feeling better. Migraines suck.

@jenna8984, have fun with your friend! When is your training?

@jenjen047, yay for sending out invites!!

@helloliv, congrats on the gym record and PR!
    ---
    Church tonight. H and I are preparing Communion, which neither of us have done before, so that ought to be interesting. Otherwise nothing much going on. Maybe I'll knit or do a little housework. I should pull together an outfit for H's office party Friday night.

What'd you have for dinner last night? Chicken and roasted veggies. Nothing special. 
    What is/was for breakfast? I didn't have breakfast, and I should start changing that habit because I'm so freaking hungry at lunch it's hard to be healthy. My mom has a cold oatmeal/yogurt recipe thing (words are hard) that I should dig up.
    What are you wearing today? A hunter green blazer, a black-and-white striped top, black skinny pants, and black flats.
    What's a good show you're currently watching?  The only show I watch on a regular basis is Weather Geeks.
    Are you reading anything right now? At the moment, no.
    How do you like your coffee/tea? I like my coffee with sugar and a little milk, and my tea with honey only when I'm sick.
    What would you do if you came across $1000 (you have to spend it)? New car windshield, plumbing projects, basically all the things I'm going to have to spend money on in the next several days. 
    What toppings do you like on your pizza? Veggies. All the veggies. And easy on the cheese.
    What's making you happy today? I'm not especially happy or unhappy ... maybe the Christmas present shopping I'm doing online?
    Can you believe we're more than halfway through the month of November? No oh lord turn back the clock! I need this month back!
  • @GoldenPenguin lots of hugs your way

• jenjen047jenjen047 member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    @cu97tiger - Gilmore Girls twins! What season are you on?

@alpacina - Feel better!
  • jenjen047 said:
    @cu97tiger - Gilmore Girls twins! What season are you on?

I felt like I was really far in, but I'm on season 2, episode 20. There are so many more episodes left... YAY!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @GoldenPenguin - I AM GOING TO MISS YOU SO MUCH I CAN'T EVEN STAND IT ALREADY. 

• @jenjen047 yay hope you love your new place!

@keptinstitches @beachyone15 I'm going December 3rd, I have never been there before yay!

@goldenpenguin Have an amazing vacation!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards