New York-Long Island

Renting table linens?

I just found out that my venue has only one kind of table linen available- champagne with white on white damask overlay. Very nice, but not what I wanted. So, I want to purchase/rent/make apple green table linens. Does anyone have any recommendations as to where to buy/rent them? Or a fabric store where I can buy apple green fabric to make them myself? Here's what I'm looking for:

Re: Renting table linens?

• edited December 2011
    Jill where are you getting married? You can try Party Rental Ltd. Take a look at their Celedon, that might be a close match. Can Dorrann in the NYC office. Or you can try Classic Party Rental in Watermill. Ask to speak to Patsy. I would avoid trying to make them. The expense and the time you put into it is a lot more than renting them. I just made huge lamp shades to go over the chandeliers in my venue and though I love them, it is not something I would repeat.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Jericho Terrace. I'm trying to avoid making them if at all possible (even though I won't be making them myself since I can't sew to save my life, but my aunts and my mom would be making them) because we're also making damask table runners. We're even wondering if buying them would be worth it? At least then we can sell them after the wedding, but right now I'm just pricing it out. Thanks so much for the recs Caitrus!
  • stina11stina11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would check with your florist. This is where we are renting our linens. Also I noticed a lot of other florists offer this service too.
  • edited December 2011
       Duh. I didn't even think of that. Thanks stina.
  • edited December 2011
    Try A to Z rental, Farmingdale. I cover chairs for weddings and sometimes we need to match the bundt cover for the chair cover to the linens being rented.  Sot hey gave me about 75 different swatches, which they have linens for.  Check it out.  And if you need chair covers to, let me know.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards