Not Engaged Yet

Mazda Monday

Re: Mazda Monday

• @AlPacina - Jalapeno vagina is no joke. 

• @minskat30 - I'm 6 weeks.  I've got a good ways to go!  Glad you're back in the States, but sad about poor Raj!!!
  • @labro, nice car!

@untouchablets, yay new puppy!

@speakeasy14, awesome menu for the office party!

@beachyone15, nice deck!
    ---
    Morning!

Friday night was H's office party. The entertainment was terrible (they were men's choir rejects, to put it kindly - couldn't find tune and were mumbly), but the food was fantastic and the company was good. They had salad, pasta salad, roasted baby carrots, roasted baby bakers, ham, and beef tips. And they went above and beyond on the dessert bar - there had to be seven different desserts this time. I had, by far, the best bread pudding of my life and the only thing that could have made it better would have been if they had served it warm. I know why they didn't, though - the way the tables were set up it would have been hard to keep it the right temperature.

Saturday H had gaming and I had my last good day with the Norwegian snowflake scarf.

Yesterday was not a good day. Something went wrong while joining the scarf halves together and two weeks of work are wasted because I can't see a way to fix it. Supper (mac & cheese) didn't sit well on my stomach, which is a crime. My fantasy team found new and improved ways to implode on me, so I'm counting on Ammendola and the Gronk to combine for at least 28 points tonight to win. Oh well. Today will be better. H bought me new yarn to cheer me up and I'm making a different hat and scarf because the other one pissed me off.

Tonight I'm studying for my quiz and test tomorrow. This class has tests outside the normal meeting time, so we have a quiz in class and a test in the evening. Fun.
  • @swazzle I love the hair!

@beachyone15 I really enjoyed the episode but there are still a lot of questions.  I'm looking forward to next week, H & I have some suspicions as to who will die next week.

@eilis1228 sorry the shelter was so unorganized.  That puppy is so adorable!

Anniversary

• @eilis1228 - OMG, it was the freakin worst. It was almost like my BF didn't believe me either, which would have pissed me off if I wasn't so focused on the burning!

I really hope you're able to find a nice dog to adopt. We had to try a few shelters before we found one that suited us too. People around here are dog crazy, so by the time you see a dog you like online it's probably already gone. We were able to find a shelter that let the dogs all live together in the back (so you know that they're well behaved with other dogs) and then they didn't take requests for specific dogs. They asked you a few questions about what kind of temperament, activity level, and size of dog you're looking for (so we said energetic, and able to go on long hikes) and they'll bring some out for you to meet.

• @swazzle your hair looks great!

@alpacina ooooow that does not sound good! My body reacted that way to the ky warming crap, so I stay real far away from that shit lol. I always make my popcorn on the stove with kernals but it just doesn't compare to movie theater kind!

@eilis1228 good luck on your puppy hunt!

• @bethsmiles - Those lights at the venue look amazing! Are you going to be able to utilize them? The path is also going to be so much better. Any idea of what kind of wedding dress you're leaning toward?

• @alpacina they're shaggy pups lol I love it!
  • @KeptInStitches - I snort laughed at "men's choir rejects".  Mac'n'cheese not sitting well is a crime of humanity, I'm sorry.  

@bethsmiles - I LOVE the ceremony location!!!  I also love both of those dresses.  I'm partial to fit and flares though since that is what I wore.  When are you going to try them on? 
  • @bethsmiles - Your venue is STUNNING! That picture is just gorgeous. I love both of those dresses so much and I can't wait until you go shopping so you can AW all the dresses! 

• @minskat30 - We're going to one shop on Dec. 21 and the other on the 22nd. I don't know if we'll find anything but I wanted to go while I was in Idaho so my MOH could come. If we don't find anything, my mom is going to come to Colorado in January.

@swazzle - Thanks! I'm super excited to try on dresses!

• @bethsmiles I LOOOOVE that first dress, and the pic of your venue is gorgeous! How exciting! My only advice is to make sure you really love your rain plan. I booked our venue solely on the outdoor space, and it monsooned the day of the wedding. 

Re: Puppy Hunt-- a coworker just gave me the name of the breeder where they got their corgi pup a couple of years ago, so I just left a message with the breeder. We also signed up for a dachshund breeder's newsletter, and they just sent out an email about two upcoming litters they're expecting next month, so we may contact them too. Still waiting to hear back from the other rescue too, but I'm excited at all these opportunities that popped up over the last hour. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @bethsmiles I feel like it was just last week I was sitting my desk all excited to go dress shopping...and it was freaking 2 years ago! crazy how fast it goes lol. Good luck!

• @eilis1228 - I'll admit I'd be disappointed if we had to move indoors but the indoor space is beautiful too so I'd get over it :)

• @labro, the entertainment sucked but the food was awesome! A win on the evening overall.
  • @Alpacina OW, jalapeno vag does not sound fun at all.
    @Keptinstitches Oh no on the scarf! That's gotta be extremely frustrating. I haven't had any join issues, but I have had a gazillion projects that, upon completion, just did NOT work. It sucks.
    @bethsmiles That GooGooDolls song makes me tear up almost every time I hear it. Those venue lights look great, btw!

• @labro I really want a puppy because I want the experience of raising it from the time it's a baby to adulthood. Plus, I look at it as practice for a kid, so I know it's a pain in the butt, but I think it will be good for us to really experience raising another living thing from such a young age. 

• @wink0erin - I've absolutely teared up while listening to it, I'm just hoping I can keep it together the day of!

• @bethsmiles I like both dresses but I love the first.

Anniversary

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    @eilis1228 its really important that you choose a breeder that health tests if you're going the purebred puppy route. I found my breeder by going to the breed club website and looking at their list of breeders that go by their standards in the area that i was searching. I also contacted the club's representative and she personally recommended some breeders. Some breeds have huge heartbreaking health risks and I'd never recommend paying for a purebred from a breeder that doesn't test for the breed's known health problems. You can pm or Facebook message me if you want help if you choose not to adopt :)
  • @untouchablets Thanks for the advice! For the corgi breeder, I don't think purebred is her thing. She apparently only has a couple of litters each year and doesn't seem to have a website or business page for her litters. Plus I Googled her name, and she's a vet tech, which is pretty comforting. My coworker got a corgi from her a couple of years ago, and they haven't had any health issues with her, so I'm confident in this particular breeder. The dachshund breeder is just someone I found online, so I'll definitely do a bit more research on them if we decide we're interested in pursuing a pup from them. 

• eilis1228 said:
    @untouchablets Thanks for the advice! For the corgi breeder, I don't think purebred is her thing. She apparently only has a couple of litters each year and doesn't seem to have a website or business page for her litters. Plus I Googled her name, and she's a vet tech, which is pretty comforting. My coworker got a corgi from her a couple of years ago, and they haven't had any health issues with her, so I'm confident in this particular breeder. The dachshund breeder is just someone I found online, so I'll definitely do a bit more research on them if we decide we're interested in pursuing a pup from them. 
    @eilis1228 That's all actually super concerning to me. She sounds like more of a hobby breeder, vet tech or not. If you're that serious about going for a pure breed, you should absolutely be working with a professional breeder who's recognized by a national club - like the Pembroke Welsh Corgi Club of America.

There are so many dogs out there that need a good home...I wish you were looking more for a rescue dog and less at puppies from breeders. I guess that's my confession for the day. You do you here, but those are my feelings on it.

• @labro @eilis1228 I think as long as the breeder health tests and is willing to take the puppy back if it doesn't work out, I wouldn't be too concerned about how many litters they are producing a year. That said, I do agree that its risky going outside of the breed club's recommended breeders. Here's the link to the corgi club (cardigan and Pembroke since you didn't mention which one) if the breeder is on the list you're good!

http://cardigancorgis.com/BreederDirectory.asphttp://pwcca.org/affiliate-pembroke-clubs/
  • eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    @labro We're open to both rescues and breeders. I applied for a puppy last night at a rescue, but I'm also looking at breeders. We're just keeping our options open. I'm not super interested in a purebred dog-- my focus on a breeder is moreso a guaranteed dog instead of rushing to a rescue shelter only to find out the dog is already gone. I can't keep getting my hopes up just to be let down. Saturday was rough for me, and I'm not interested in having this be a long, drawn out process. Even if I have to wait 6 months for a puppy from a breeder, at least I know I get a dog out of it. As for the corgi breeder, I view it moreso as her not being a puppy mill and being able to properly care for the litters she does have. I can understand your concerns as well with her. All I've done is called and left her a voicemail inquiring about any available pups or upcoming litters, so I haven't made any commitments yet. H and I plan to do our due diligence with breeders if we go that route. 

@bethsmiles OMG! He is so cute!

• @eilis1228 I think you'll do just fine :) I've waited months and months for my puppy so I know the struggle! Its tough
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards