Not Engaged Yet
Options

Tuesday Snoozeday

Hello! How is everyone today? 

It is cold here and I don't like it. My car said it was 25 when I left for work. I can't find my good, warm winter coat so I've been stuck wearing an old not great one :disappointed: Hunting it down will be my #1 priority this evening. 

Last night, H and I went to a class at the gym. I really love when he goes with me. It makes it so much more fun and he pushes me when I want to stop or go with a lighter weight. When we got home, we made dinner together which I also (for the most part) love doing. He actually followed the recipe instructions last night so everything turned out well and dinner was absolutely delicious (HC black bean burger with roasted sweet potato fries and onion-pepper marmalade). 

Tonight, I'm working until 5, I'll get home around 6:30 and then I want to do at least 30 minutes on the elliptical. Dinner is another HC meal and then.... PLL IS ON!! So this will be me: 

Do you snooze in the morning? 
How late do you sleep on the weekends?
What's your morning ritual? 
What are you wearing today? 
If you watched any TV last night, what did you watch? 
What's your favorite number? 
What's your favorite color?
What apps do you use on your phone the most?
What websites do you visit the most?
What book are you reading currently? (If you're not reading anything now, what'd you read last?)

Re: Tuesday Snoozeday

• Options
    Good morning.  How is it only Tuesday?

Yesterday after work, I came home and threw some chicken pieces in water with veggies and herbs to start a broth.  Then I fell asleep.  H came home and picked up some food from my mom, so we ate that for dinner.  I took a bath, started some laundry, turned on Netflix, and then fell asleep again.

Today I'm just as sleepy!  What gives!

I push the snooze button once, and snuggle Baxter while I wait for the alarm to go off again.

Not too late, I'm usually up by 8 AM.

Push snooze, snuggle Bax, get up, take a shower, put on moisturizer, make a breakfast shake or something to eat, pack my lunch, get ready, brush my teeth, brew coffee, go to work!

Black boots and tights, black polka dotted skirt, dark green shirt, black and beige checked scarf.  Not exciting at all.

I turned on something from Netflix and then fell asleep by 6:30.

27 and 63.

Green

Texting, FB, weather app

CNN and MSN, TheKnot, TCM, Pinterest

What book are you reading currently? (If you're not reading anything now, what'd you read last?)
    Nothing.  I just finished a WWII book and I'm trying to get into another book but I just can't, so I think I'll return it and try something else.
  • Options
    Every morning lol

Never past 8 am even when I'm not working.

Make coffee, pee, brush teeth, feed animals, put on some concealer, eyeliner, and mascara while drinking my coffee, then check social media before I walk out the door.

Jeans, work shirt, sneakers

JESSICA JONES ON NETFLIX. Just add that to my list of TV addictions. Its awesome.

Pink and/or purple depending on the day

Twitter.

This one and a dog forum. And Google lol.

I don't remember. Its been so long since I've read an actual book for fun lol.

Morning! Another busy day. I was so tired after work yesterday I didn't manage to do much beside pack my stuff. Gonna have to jam it all in today because tomorrow I'm working till 4, leaving for the airport at 5:30 and then flying out for my big surprise thanksgiving visit! I'm so excited!
  • Options
    Very, very rarely. I always feel more tired when I snooze than I do if I just get right up with my alarm. 

I'm almost always up by 8:30.

I've been showering at night so on workdays: get up at 5:10am, brush my teeth, put on 8 things before finding something I don't feel fat in, do my makeup, beachwave my hair if I'm feeling fancy, let Lucille out, feed her, give the kitten babies treats, gather my lunch, and head out at 6.

Grey/black striped dolman from SF, a black cardigan, dark skinny jeans, black booties. 

The Leftovers and Homeland from Sunday and fell asleep watching the football game.

Black on black on black. I also like purple, blue, and pink.

Facebook, Instagram, Kindle/iBooks, MyFitnessPal, Goodreads

TK, MyFitnessPal, Skinnytaste, Pinterest, Goodreads

What book are you reading currently?
    The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith (aka JK Rowling)

• Options
    @untouchablets - Have so much fun! I can't wait to hear how the surprise goes!!!

@labro - I'm making pumpkin pie too!

• Options
    @Swazzle I told bf to film it so hopefully he actually does because I really want to share it! My mom is probably gonna scream lol
  • Options

@swazzle that HC meal sounds so good!

@labro the crockpot mac & cheese sounds so good, so goes everything else too

@untouchablets Have a great thanksgiving and have fun seeing your family!

Is it obvious I'm hungry? I'm so hungry this morning.  It was also so so cold this morning and the pilot light went out this morning somehow. H is looking into it this morning. 

Do you snooze in the morning? Nope

How late do you sleep on the weekends? 10:30 on Saturday and Sundays around the same
    What's your morning ritual? brush teeth, take meds and vitamins, dress, do my hair then make up feed the cats, pack up my lunch and head out the door
    What are you wearing today? white sweater and brown dress pants
    If you watched any TV last night, what did you watch? Rangers game
    What's your favorite number? 55
    What's your favorite color? pink light pink
    What apps do you use on your phone the most? the one for my mail
    What websites do you visit the most? this one and FB
    What book are you reading currently? (If you're not reading anything now, what'd you read last?)                I am reading a good one I forget the title of it though.....

Anniversary

• Options
    I love @beanbot2002 and @untouchablets honesty here. All three of us have admitted that one of our first get-ready steps in the AM is to pee/take a shit. Apparently all the rest of you wait to do your business until you get to work. ;)

• Options
    Morning! Busy at work again so I'll come back to read everyone's responses. 
    Nothing exciting to report from my weekend or yesterday. Just the usual. 

Do you snooze in the morning? Usually, yes
    How late do you sleep on the weekends? I usually wake up anywhere between 8 and 9:30
    What's your morning ritual? Hit snooze, finally turn my alarm off, check FB to try to wake myself up. Drag myself to the bathroom to shower or freshen up if I showered the night before. Get dressed, usually put on makeup, make a shake if I have time, grab snacks to bring to work, feed the cat, rush out the door because I'm always running late
    What are you wearing today? Black booties, black pants, sweater
    If you watched any TV last night, what did you watch? I sat with H for a few minutes while he watched football but I didn't watch
    What's your favorite number? 19 & 13
    What's your favorite color? Don't really have one
    What apps do you use on your phone the most? FB, AccuWeather, Gmail, Candy Crush
    What websites do you visit the most? FB, Gmail, TK
    What book are you reading currently? (If you're not reading anything now, what'd you read last?) I finished The Elite on Friday (second book in The Selection series) 

• Options
    minskat30minskat30 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    Question for all of you...what is your favorite Thanksgiving menu item?  What about Christmas?  I'm hosting Christmas this year and need menu ideas...its hard to host holidays that don't have "traditional" preset meals (unlike Thanksgiving) because H is Indian and wants Indian food, BIL is Mexican and wants Mexican food, my family is Danish and wants Danish food and I just want to eat something at this point that doesn't make me want to gag.  I could use ideas/inspiration from your menus?

As for me...for Thanksgiving I'm really looking forward to it.  My sister is making gluten-free mac'n'cheese for me (she uses all the "bad" stuff to make it and I could care less) and I'm beyond excited for that and turkey and her mashed potatoes with tons of butter in them.  I've been struggling to eat lately because of this nausea but the thought of Thanksgiving food is making me drool so I plan to eat all of the things I can.  

I also have a rant today....why are certain people so bitchy at the gym?  There is this woman in my spin class and she always saves a bunch of bikes for her friends.  She was a complete bitch to a new guy in the class yesterday who took one of "her" bikes and questioned whether he was actually in the class or on the "wait list" to get in because she hadn't seen him before.  She acted like she fucking owned the class and even the instructor told her to calm down and her friend could go take the one other empty bike in the class.  I felt terrible for the new dude.  The class was full and I didn't want to escalate the situation but I felt like telling her to back off...thankfully the instructor did just that.  
  • Options
    @Swazzle Real talk, it's cold outside! My hands are officially cracking from being dry, ugh.

@minskat30 I hope you have a good OB appt today!

I am cold and tired- what else is new! I'm wearing a puffy vest all day since it's dress down at work. I'm hoping that my H will want to go see Mockingjay tonight since we didn't get to go this weekend. That's all I have on my agenda. I just can't wait for Thanksgiving and the long weekend...I'm getting excited for mashed potatoes and stuffing :)

Now for some questions...

Only once.

Usually I'm out of bed by 9am...I always strive for as long as possible since I get up so early during the week.

pee/poop, brush teeth, coffee & yogurt and then make-up and get dressed.

I'm wearing a maroon sweater, dark jeans and brown uggs. And of course my puffy vest.

PATS BABY

Green

Instagram, Cartwheel, Banking & Mint

Facebook and realtor.com

I'm still reading the same book- Wild. I don't know why it is taking me so long to finish it!
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    @minskat30 We have a set Christmas Eve menu but it's all German food and most definitely NOT GF.

On Christmas Day we traditionally have a standing rib roast (NOMS), fresh green beans, oven roasted potatoes, gravy, corn pudding, and usually some other stuff. I don't remember what we have for dessert normally, probably red velvet cake.

Also, that lady is a bitch. Wtf? I hate when people get all snooty because they are a regular at a class, that's what makes it so fucking hard about not being a regular gym goer or a new person.

ETA:

On New Year's Day we have a ham from Honeybaked Ham, collard greens, black eyed peas, potatoes.

I've realized that basically  none of my food is Indian friendly (assuming your H doesn't eat pork? Or possibly red meat?), GF, or even diet friendly....

• Options
    Morning everyone!!

It's neat seeing everyone's apps they use lol

Got my exam back last night. We don't talk about it. Guh.
    Last night we got snow. Urg. I know it'll be gone by the end of the week but to wake up to that ick was just not a thing. Decided to by hot drink for myself and my coworker to make things better lol

Tonight is CostCo with my mum. Matt ended up busing today because people are stupid and the roads are slippy and he hasn't done his tires yet.

Sorta. Alarm goes off at 6:30am, but I rarely get up then.

As long as my cat allows.

Feed cats, check phone, make lunches, litter box, wash face, get dressed, start my coffee, do makeup, start Matt's coffee, make bed. Then I browse internet and watch tv

Grey dress pants, light blue tshirt with lace, work sweater, socks and heels.

Matt watched South Park while I was in the room, but I didn't really pay attention

Depends on my mood. I like quite a few colours

Facebook/messanger, music, instagram, snapchat, kim kardashian game{don't judge lol}

TK obv .... refinery29.com beautezine.com yahoo.com and work related stuff
    Oh .... unless it's about grocery time, then I'm on the grocery store flyer sites.

Currently re-reading 2 books because I can't justify buying a new book YET
    "Eleanor & Park" by Rainbow Rowel
    "Nothing Can Keep Us Together" Cecily von Zeigesar {Gossip Girl series}
  • Options
    @beanbot2002 - Feel better! Your floors are seriously gorgeous. 

@minskat30 - I hope everything goes well at the doctor! It totally makes sense to me that you want her reassurance about everything. For Thanksgiving, I love stuffing. My mom's, specifically. She puts bacon and sausage in it and it's just so delicious. I can't think of what we have on Christmas except for ham and pineapple bread stuffing. That woman sounds like a complete asshole. That poor guy. I would probably have left and never went back.

• Options
    untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    Does anyone have any experience with uber and their surge pricing? Im trying to figure out a way to get to my aunts on Thanksgiving. she's only being half nice and not willing to pick us up from our hotel in the city. She wants us to take a train to the mall of America and pick us up there... So I'm trying to find out if uber will be better (as in cheaper) than a car service. Since every company I have called thinks I'm reserving a car when I literally say I'm just checking rates. Ugh.
  • Options

I can't wait for tomorrow to be over and have the 5 days off with H, then Monday I fly to ABQ so even though I'll be at meetings I won't be in the office for another week after Thanksgiving. That's kinda fun!

Do you snooze in the morning? Never. Set it as late as possible and pop up
    How late do you sleep on the weekends? unfortunately H goes to work at 6am Saturdays and when he gets up I can never fall back asleep. Sundays we "sleep in" together til 7am.
    What's your morning ritual? pee, brush teeth, wash face, get dressed, pack lunch, leave. total of 35 minutes (hair is either already straight from the day before or goes in a 5 second pony tail)
    What are you wearing today? grey cowl neck sweater that goes mid thigh, black skinnies, black boots.
    If you watched any TV last night, what did you watch? The Voice but I wasn't really paying attention
    What's your favorite number? 3
    What's your favorite color? I dunno, teal?
    What apps do you use on your phone the most? facebook. that's really it, sometimes fertility friend and trip advisor.
    What websites do you visit the most? yahoo, NEY, thencomesfamily
    What book are you reading currently? finished the japenese decluttering one, need a new one

@cocobellaf those are really random favorite numbers lol

@swazzle wow you leave for work so early.

@beanbot2002 hope you feel better soon!

@minskat30 lucky number twins! and to answer your question I'd say my fave Thanksgiving food besides the turkey is butternut squash. I make it like mashed potatoes, but with brown sugar, butter, cinnamon, nutmeg.

• Options
    @jenna8984 Yummmmmmmmmm how could I have forgotten the butternut squash??? So delicious! I like it roasted - cube it and place it in individual foil packets filled with onion, salt, pepper, olive oil or butter, and a little brown sugar.

@untouchablets I don't. I only know of one friend who used them on New Year's Eve and paid over $100 for the service...

• Options
    @labro - Your food sounds amazing.  I do not eat healthy food for the holidays...isn't that the whole point?  :) You are right that H doesn't eat pork or red meat (I think he has had a steak like twice in all of the years we've been together).  My GF issues plus H's food aversions and my BIL only liking Mexican food means chaos for menu planning.  ;)  As to the gym, I'm not keeping my mouth shut the next time she opens her trap and acts all high and mighty.  She's one of those people who I think works out TOO much...I feel like a bitch saying it but it isn't aging her well.  

@Swazzle - Bacon in stuffing?! Yummy.  My sister pretty much told me I was SOL for stuffing this year like the last few years because gluten-free stuffing ends up tasting like mush.  Blech.  The palate remembers though.  I feel like the guy almost left the class after the witch reamed into him.  I'm glad he stuck it out.  

@jenna8984 - Butternut squash...yummy.  I love sweet potatoes...I'm hoping that is being made this year too.
  • Options
    @labro good god.
  • Options

SIB- it refuses to put this gif AFTER the quote box

Facebook/messanger, music, instagram, snapchat, kim kardashian game{don't judge lol}

• Options
    @labro YES my mom makes it like that but it takes forever to roast so I never do it!

• Options
    @minskat30 I made this last year for Thanksgiving and it was delicious!! And I think it's GF!

http://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/roasted-root-vegetables-glaze

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards