Chit Chat
Options

Shopping deals!

I thought it would be nice to keep a list of them?!

I've officially bought my first gift. I got a tshirt from Express for DH.

They have 50% off everything right now, and free shipping on all orders (no minimum).

Anyone else find anything good?

Re: Shopping deals!

• Options
    luckya23luckya23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited November 2015

I'm thinking I'm going to pull the trigger on a new fridge (and maybe stove) this week - even though I've been "shopping" since July 2014 when my last fridge died!

Other than that... I'm excited about LED xmas lights being $4 at Lowe's on Black Friday.  That's about it, so far!

ETA: A year and a half later, I'm still torn on stainless steel or white!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    Kohl's is having a huge sale I hear. They already have their Black Friday deals up on their website. I do most, if not all, of my Christmas shopping online because I hate the Black Friday crowds!

• Options
    luckya23 said:

I'm thinking I'm going to pull the trigger on a new fridge (and maybe stove) this week - even though I've been "shopping" since July 2014 when my last fridge died!

Other than that... I'm excited about LED xmas lights being $4 at Lowe's on Black Friday.  That's about it, so far!

What color is your kitchen cabinets/floors?  Personally, I always thought I'd be a stainless gal - then we bought our house and the kitchen has cherry cabinets and cherry wood floors.  The previous owner had white appliances and I loved it - so bright and clean looking and it goes better with all the wood.  We got all new appliances and stuck to white.  Love!
  • Options
    luckya23luckya23 member
    edited November 2015
    JoanE2012 said:
    luckya23 said:

What color is your kitchen cabinets/floors?  Personally, I always thought I'd be a stainless gal - then we bought our house and the kitchen has cherry cabinets and cherry wood floors.  The previous owner had white appliances and I loved it - so bright and clean looking and it goes better with all the wood.  We got all new appliances and stuck to white.  Love!

I have dark-ish oak cabinets, and a light maple laminate floor.  White/gray counter/backsplash with a white sink.  Walls are lime green.  I think I'm settled on the white fridge, but the white stove with white control panel looks so cheap!

• Options
    White is always good.  I had stainless, and I was always wiping fingerprints off it.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    luckya23 said:

Wow, how in the world have you gotten by for that long without a fridge?!
  • Options
    luckya23 said:
    JoanE2012 said:
    luckya23 said:

I have dark-ish oak cabinets, and a light maple laminate floor.  White/gray counter/backsplash with a white sink.  Walls are lime green.  I think I'm settled on the white fridge, but the white stove with white control panel looks so cheap!

what about black appliances? I had white at my old house and hated them - then again my countertops and cabinets were white also so it didn't help. But I thought my fridge always looked dingy
  • Options
    cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited November 2015
    kvruns said:

what about black appliances? I had white at my old house and hated them - then again my countertops and cabinets were white also so it didn't help. But I thought my fridge always looked dingy
    I hate my black appliances - the refrigerator isn't so bad but my stove looks awful. The problem with black is that it shows everything. The stove has gotten scratched (previous owners bought it, we inherited it with the house) and you can see every little scratch and it drives me nuts. I'd rather have white or stainless.
  • Options
    Michael's is having a ton of sales, starting with 70 percent off on Friday. I may stick with buying online though... I paint a good portion of Christmas presents (all but FI's for the adults), and will probably get craft kits for the kids (niece and nephews-- I did science kits last year and they were thrilled).

I got FI a memorial bracelet for a Marine who died on his last deployment, and I may get him a couple of other little things. I'm also sending a small care package to a buddy who is deployed.

• Options
    Black looks sharp right now. I just got new appliances a couple months back. Black/stainless combos. Still wiping prints and smudges but still like them better than my old white stuff. Try Abt!!!

My family just exchanges Amazon wish lists so I won't be searching out doorbusters. DH and I are skipping gifts and saving for travel. Deleting all my shopping promo emails (like 75% off Kate spade) is hard!

• Options
    We rent and have white.  I hate white.  

If we every finally find a house we will put in stainless.     If DH had his way we would have a completely stainless kitchen that looks like a commercial kitchen.  Completely meaning counter tops, shelves and walls  :open_mouth: 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    Our toaster and microwave are both stainless and they always look filthy. I hate it. No amount of wiping keeps them clean. Our white fridge is easy to clean and stays looking clean longer. I'd rather have ugly, but clean-looking white, than would-look-sleek-if-it-weren't-for-all-those-fingerprints stainless.

My only shopping item is a PS4 for H. Not sure what I am getting for anyone else yet.
  • Options
    Adding to the stainless vs black vs white appliances discussion. All of our stainless steel seems to stay relatively clean. We clean everything with some sort of stainless steel spray from the Wegman's brand. It really shines everything up and has a nice lasting effect. What I love about our fridge is the front is stainless but the sides are black so I can still display my magnets/pictures/invitations/etc. there.

• Options
    luckya23luckya23 member
    edited November 2015

Before my old fridge died, I had thought about replacing the fridge that I have in the basement, so I bought one off craigslist for $100.  It just so happened that the main fridge upstairs died about a month later, before I had time to replace the 1980s fridge in the basement.  So I moved that sucker upstairs and have been using that ever since.  The sides are scratched and dented and the coil hangs off the back, but it's gotten us by for all this time!  We discovered that the cabinets above the fridge being low really limit what we can fit in there, so unless we go for the basic top freezer kind we have now, it's really stalled the hunt.  (Plus paying for the wedding and all.)

Last night I was browsing Home Depot and fell in love with a "black stainless" fridge, which didn't actually feel like stainless at all and didn't show fingerprints.  The white one I had picked out at Sears seems to have more features though.

ETA: This post reminded me to check the specs and the Samsung fridge is too tall :-(

• Options
    Kate spade is having a 75% off sale until sat night. I really don't need anything but so tempted..
  • Options
    luckya23 said:

Before my old fridge died, I had thought about replacing the fridge that I have in the basement, so I bought one off craigslist for $100.  It just so happened that the main fridge upstairs died about a month later, before I had time to replace the 1980s fridge in the basement.  So I moved that sucker upstairs and have been using that ever since.  The sides are scratched and dented and the coil hangs off the back, but it's gotten us by for all this time!  We discovered that the cabinets above the fridge being low really limit what we can fit in there, so unless we go for the basic top freezer kind we have now, it's really stalled the hunt.  (Plus paying for the wedding and all.)

Last night I was browsing Home Depot and fell in love with a "black stainless" fridge, which didn't actually feel like stainless at all and didn't show fingerprints.  The white one I had picked out at Sears seems to have more features though.

ETA: This post reminded me to check the specs and the Samsung fridge is too tall :-(

I think the "rarer" colors have less options.  The only appliance we haven't replaced is the fridge.  I'd love to get the door in door - but the brand we're looking at doesn't offer it in white.  Stainless you can pretty much get anything!

That said, based on your kitchen colors, I'd still stick with white!  We don't have any trouble keeping it clean (it looks brand new, though I could just be a clean freak!).  This isn't our kitchen, but it's similar in colors.

I do love stainless with white cabinets though.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards