Attire & Accessories Forum

Bridal Jewelry

Hi everyone!
This is my first time posting here. I need advice on what jewelry I should wear. For starters: I will be wearing a strapless ballgown, with my hair up. My mother in law has offered to let me wear her grandmother's pearl necklace. I've been looking at earrings, but I'm not sure what kind to go with. I plan on going with drop style earrings, but I'm torn between going with pearl earrings to match the necklace, or blue sapphire earrings (which would be my something blue). I need help deciding on whether I should go with pearl earrings to match, or if blue sapphire earrings would still look good, even without them matching the pearl necklace.

Re: Bridal Jewelry

• Both would look great together IMO.  It really comes down to your personal preference since none of us are there to see images of everything

One selling point for the sapphire is that you don't have to worry about matching the color/type of pearls.  OTOH, a lot can greatly depend on where your price point is.  Don't overthink this - wear what you would love to wear again in the future on something like an anniversary dinner...

• Pearls are neutral, and unless your gown is an unusual color for bridal it's probably a neutral too.  So they both should look lovely with blue sapphires.
  • Thank you both! I really wanted to go with the blue, because I thought it would be a nice pop of color and a nice way to work in my "something blue". I guess I was just worried about feeling like I needed to match. I never thought of pearls as a neutral!
  • It sounds like you really want the sapphires, so I would definitely go with those!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think sapphires and pearls would look very pretty together. The only thing I'd be careful of with the earrings is not picking anything in too modern of a style, since I assume the necklace is fairly old/classic looking if it belonged to your MIL's grandmother.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards