Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invitations

Just ordered our invitations today!
They are coming from overseas, so they are expected to take a couple weeks, but I am so friggin excited. The wedding, the marriage, everything is started to feel real now and maybe its PMS but I'm seriously weepy with excitement.

When did it feel real for you ? Like it wasn't just an idea anymore ?

Re: Invitations

• This is me, but I'm not sure that ordering invitations is what would make everything start to feel real for me, although it might make everything feel more real.  Maybe signing a venue contract is what would do it. :)
  • Why did you order from overseas?  Just curious.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I picked up my dress last night. I feel like, NOW we can get married whenever. If something happens, I've got my dress, I can just pop it on and go to the courthouse or whatever (I'd look ridiculous at the courthouse but I would wear it anyway!). 

The invites helped for me, too. I am doing DIY so I've got 3 out of 5 pieces ready and the other two should arrive next week. Very, very exciting!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • For me it was when I dropped the first invitation in the mailbox.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • For me, it was setting the date with the minister. 

• I had several moments like that. Seeing the invitations with our names on it, picking out flowers, using the term "fiancé" ... those all gave me the realization that this was real.
  • CMGragain said:

Why did you order from overseas?  Just curious.

There was a design that I found on etsy, for a digital file. I didn't think the printing would cost very much, in fact I thought I could do it at home by myself, and when I got to looking at the paper size I ended up needing an 8.5 x 22 which is damn near impossible to find. So i looked into printing shops in my area, and as the design is three separate pieces I was looking at around $600 to have it done. I found another etsy seller that offerred a similar design for waaaaayyyy cheaper and she gave me an awesome deal on top of her price by using my deisgn that was already edited. I was able to get them through her for $200 after the currency exchange.

My dress isnt in yet, but i'm sure that will be a terrible cry face moment as well. My mom and my FMIL werent able to go when i picked it out, so they will be there for the fitting when it comes in. I'm expecting major ugly crying!

• I hope this works out for you.
    I felt my upcoming marriage was real when I saw my dress hanging on the door of my bedroom.  Our engagement was only two months - just long enough to plan a quick church wedding.  I had to buy my dress off the rack.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I feel like thats the way to go. Quick engagement. I would have rather done that instead of the seven months of stress.

I'm really excited for the invitations, we got the proof in the mail not too long ago and they are divine. So far they are my favorite "tangible" part of the wedding.

• I feel like thats the way to go. Quick engagement. I would have rather done that instead of the seven months of stress. I'm really excited for the invitations, we got the proof in the mail not too long ago and they are divine. So far they are my favorite "tangible" part of the wedding.
    Try 18 months! I still don't know if it was the right way to go lol. At least there is less than six months to go now!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just put all my invitations together last week and we are mailing them out on Monday!!  Once I drop them at the post office, I definitely think I will have that feeling!!  I also had my first dress fitting on this past Monday and putting my dress, shoes, and veil on definitely made it feel so real!!  Enjoy it all!!!
  • Just got my tracking number and the invitations will be here by Monday!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards