Chit Chat

Quick Vent/Rant !!

Re: Quick Vent/Rant !!

• These comments are HILARIOUS ! @JoanE2012 if you read all the following comments (which by looking at yours you did not ) Wedding Bee is not the place for me , and if you meant "special" snowflake , i think thats cute thanks :wink: , comments like yours do not bother me , it doesnt intimidate me , it doesnt rub me the wrong way, i was commenting on what i saw with my eyes ! 

• @HAGGSTOBE314, when you want to join a new community, it's generally a good idea to read the rules and lurk a bit to see how everyone communicates. Then if you still want to participate, jump in. If you make an error or post that you intend to violate etiquette, we'll let you know. Most of us have been called out by other posters, but we got over it. I hope you will too. 

I'm not sure  who you're referencing, but if her post was deleted by a mod, it was because she violated the TOS. As long as she wasn't banned, she is welcome to participate. 

I appreciate the fact that you actually chose a screen name, rather than posting under your assigned Knottie#s non SN. It shows that you would like us to get to know you. Please don't post your email address for all to see, though. You never know who's lurking.

• These comments are HILARIOUS ! @JoanE2012 if you read all the following comments (which by looking at yours you did not ) Wedding Bee is not the place for me , and if you meant "special" snowflake , i think thats cute thanks :wink: , comments like yours do not bother me , it doesnt intimidate me , it doesnt rub me the wrong way, i was commenting on what i saw with my eyes ! 

You created a post to rant about how people are treated.  If it bothers you that much that you would create a post, Wedding Bee is definitely for you!  Otherwise, you're just trying to stir up shit. 

PS - Which mod "deleted" your post that you keep referring to?
  • @kimmiinthemitten : see i haven't even saw the back story , but i was looking at some of the comments like are you serious, Hmmm i don't know i guess the way i see things is considered needing "kid gloves" because i just think differently , like no matter how much i disagree with something i could never talk to someone in a rude manner like that but Hey to each his own and everyone isn't the same.
  • @kimmiinthemitten : see i haven't even saw the back story , but i was looking at some of the comments like are you serious, Hmmm i don't know i guess the way i see things is considered needing "kid gloves" because i just think differently , like no matter how much i disagree with something i could never talk to someone in a rude manner like that but Hey to each his own and everyone isn't the same.
    Essentially she pulled a bait and switch on the members.  She posted and said I'm engaged and have to do a project for my marketing class so I decided to do a wedding.  Can you help with my project and tell me about your venue search?  Then, after being shot down, reposted and said "How'd you pick your venue, I'm newly engaged and need help."  Needless to say, people didn't trust her and weren't keen on helping someone who they felt lied to them.  I feel like IRL that would have went down the same way.

Posters here have two choices; be told by strangers that you're doing something rude or do something rude and be side eyed by your friends and family.  I'll take the blunt truth from strangers any day.
  • Now, are you going to share the information about your deleted post or keep ignoring our requests?
  • @MairePoppy

yeah i love these boards they are really helpful so i don't take anything in these things personal because @JoanE2012 can call me a "spechul" snowflake all day but she is just one more human being on earth but not the one passing the judgement so hey have at it!! ive gotten great advice on here and found a few vendors as well soooooo yeah !!! ill continue to post and ask random questions lol :wink: its all gravy to me !!
  • ericasm0703ericasm0703 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited November 2015
    Well ill say a lot of people do not have the same views which i am perfectly fine with. I personally have not been "bullied"  on these boards ill say confused or p'd off but i just witnessed someone who felt so disrespected and told off to the point she felt like deleting her account was the best thing to do , now me personally constructive criticism, goes a long way. but there is a saying "sometimes its not what you say but how you say it"

now @kimmiinthemitten i 100% agree with the statement you made, before i posted i didn't even notice the guidelines posted so when 25 people posted at one time that i was "trolling" the internet trying to create problems by writing in caps or i was a "stupid B****" i was taken aback and extra confused, but 1 person took the time to point me in the direction of the guidelines and i saw okay writing in all caps isn't allowed here cool , and i apologized to anyone who felt as though that's what i was doing but again that 1 person was the only one who had enough knowledge to say hmmm maybe she doesn't know that's not allowed here let me tell her.

@lyndausvi you are correct telling someone the rules or pointing them in that direction isn't bullying but again ill state where that may be your views and someone else's  who posted , not everyone on here is like that. and not everyone on here gives constructive criticism.

@WinstonsGirl trying 
     to help someone go the right direction is absolutely not bullying but for the 3rd time i will state where you and any other person on this board can justify your own actions you can not speak for any one else. I don't allow anyone to get under my skin A) because i dont know you B) its not that deep , everyone has an opinion why attack someone for theirs 

i will just say one last time , i can only justify my own actions and you can only defend yours BUT everyone does not act or speak the same so you can not say "No one here bullies" because you are not everyone here and no 2 people think the same. 
    This bolded statement and your other statement about comments not bothering you are contradictory. Obviously you did allow someone (all of us?) to get under your skin since you made an entire post about it. You still haven't answered about this supposed all-caps post. So, again, where is it? Also, if you haven't seen the backstory, then why are you all up in arms about us (collectively) telling her that she's violating TOS? Stop stirring the pot.

ETF: I still can't spell

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Here's why I'm pretty sure there never was an all caps post that was deleted.  An excerpt, from the Mods and Responsibilities post:

Closing and Deleting Threads
    Threads will not be deleted
    Only exceptions:
    -Spam
    -When a member deletes their account--all threads/comments are deleted with it

Threads will not be closed without going through the process laid out below.  The only exception to this are zombie threads more than a year old.

As an FYI: Threads that are moved are not closed (redirect links are left in order to prevent too much confusion)

• Being told something meanly or in a way you dislike does not equal bullying. Not everyone in the world has to be nice to you. While it would be swell if everyone is nice, that's not the way the world works. However, that's not the same as bullying. Also, your definition of "nice" may differ from others. What one person views as blunt and honest, someone else may think is cutthroat.

As an adult on the internet, you should understand that you will come across a spectrum of this on the internet, and take responsibility for your own actions. If, but five minutes of research, you could avoid a faux pas, but don't... you cannot necessarily fault someone for calling you lazy or stupid. After all, you have proven competent enough to use a computer, but have decided against seeking answers via observation and easy search mechanisms.

As an adult, you should also understand that this is very different from bullying. Bullying is not anonymously posting online and then being gently-to-meanly rebuked by strangers. You have 100 percent power to turn off your computer and never again come here when you peruse the net. You can also watch and wait and learn, and then start posting now and then when you've learned better. You have these options.

I hope you come to learn these lessons, because I really think you can use them. If you found this mean, I don't know what to tell you. I was trying to inform you of my viewpoint. I also think it's sad I have to clarify that for you.

• You know what , i could go on and on and on and on and on and on and on clarifying that i said "verbally attacking " and called whom ever a "internet bully" never said "i got bullied or she got bullied" but once again i stated my opinion and that's exactly what i meant and what i stand behind, you do not have to agree with any word i typed , just as well as you have your own opinion, in MY opinion SOME people on here verbally attack people point blank ! Thats my OPINION ! If the shoe does not fit you, why take what i say so deeply. If you know that at no point in time you have never been rude to someone why take it like im talking to your soul lol .... there has been times ive seen plenty of things that didnt pertain to me so i left them there but i am an adult and i know what an opinion is and i know that i have a right to state it :smile: so i still say SOME people are very rude and some people are very sweet!! Thats It!!
  • OK @AddieCake , i think you just want to hold conversation with me now and don't know how to ask :smile: , How was your Thanksgiving ?
  • My Thanksgiving was delightful. Your emojis annoy me. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • They look creepy right ? You know i thought so but i wasn't sure ! 

But anywho , did you cook or enjoy somewhere else ?
  • I cooked. Where are we on you getting the punctuation and capitalization under control?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • What do you mean ? My I's ? Or just in general ?
  • Whoa. Okay, okay, I get it. You don't take anything personally. You're just stating YOUR OPINION. Check. Roger.

@AddieCake -- 

Your post earlier about OP being a lying liar who lies made me think of this.

• Boring troll is boring.

• @randomslove That thing is creepy! 
  • Sure @scribe95 ...
    If you want to respond directly to someone's comments, you can click the "quote" button at the bottom of the particular post.  Their comment will be displayed in the text box, and your comment can be typed directly underneath it.  This makes it easier for posters to know which comments are directed toward whom.

Your screen name is curious.  Does it have any particular meaning for you?
  • MobKaz said:
    Sure @scribe95 ...
    If you want to respond directly to someone's comments, you can click the "quote" button at the bottom of the particular post.  Their comment will be displayed in the text box, and your comment can be typed directly underneath it.  This makes it easier for posters to know which comments are directed toward whom.

Your screen name is curious.  Does it have any particular meaning for you?
    Thanks ! And yeah its the partial of my fiances last name . Haggins (HaggsToBe) 314 is the month and year we met. @MobKaz
  • JaniV123 

"said attack post" was deleted, i was tired of the notifications but i cant give you my email if you dont believe "said post" took place

OP - Did you just out yourself as Lindsb93?  Your use of the phrase "I was tired of the notifications" makes it seem like YOU are that poster.  Do we need to ask for an IP address check to make sure this isn't some sly AE account, which is also against the TOS.
  • Lmao ! I was definitely talking about MY post ! So #KeepCalm don't bring out you PI skills !!! @OliveOilsMom
  • Lmao ! I was definitely talking about MY post ! So #KeepCalm don't bring out you PI skills !!! @OliveOilsMom
    Then why do you keep bean dipping when we ask what board it was on, what mod deleted it or which Knottie was the bully?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards