Wedding Party

2 Maids of honor/No Bridesmaids?

Is it strange to have two maids of honor and no bridesmaids?

I decided to only have my two sisters in my wedding party. They are both younger than me, one is 22 the other is 18, but I am equally close to both of them. Their personalities are very different - 22 year old is very helpful, compassionate, and giving. The 18 year old is very happy, loving, and always brightens my day. The three of us couldn't decide on "switching" maids of honors for each of our weddings... and we all assume that the 22 year old will be the maid of honor because of her age. But I was wondering if both of them could be my maid of honor, should I ask them what they think? Just formally ask both of them to be my maid of honor? Or revert to 1 maid of honor, 1 bridesmaid?

Re: 2 Maids of honor/No Bridesmaids?

• You can have 2 MOHs and no bridesmaids.
  • You are over thinking this.  Their ages or their personalities shouldn't matter who is and is not a MOH.  If you want them both to be your MOH then so be it.  Or you could just have no MOH and two BMs.  Or you could just nix the titles all together.

• Is it strange to have two maids of honor and no bridesmaids?

I decided to only have my two sisters in my wedding party. They are both younger than me, one is 22 the other is 18, but I am equally close to both of them. Their personalities are very different - 22 year old is very helpful, compassionate, and giving. The 18 year old is very happy, loving, and always brightens my day. The three of us couldn't decide on "switching" maids of honors for each of our weddings... and we all assume that the 22 year old will be the maid of honor because of her age. But I was wondering if both of them could be my maid of honor, should I ask them what they think? Just formally ask both of them to be my maid of honor? Or revert to 1 maid of honor, 1 bridesmaid?
    Have them both be your MOH.
  • Call them both MOH if you feel like its more special, but idk it seems like you might as well just have them both as bridesmaids. To me this is no less special but if you feel they might be hurt or something then sure, call them both MOH.

• I had 2 bridesmaids and no MOH. Or I guess 2 MsOH and no bridesmaids. It doesn't really matter; they all do the same thing. I had my 2 best friends standing up with me. Titles are just that. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards