California-San Diego

Hotel room block negotiations

Hello knottie brides!

My future hubby and I are getting married this April in La Jolla and have been looking at doing a good sized room block at the Grande Colonial Hotel. I am completely new to all of this and am not sure on how much wiggle room we have and negotiating power over the room block prices. Some of the rooms we are contracting are 100% attrition, meaning no matter what we are paying for them, so I feel like we should be able to get the price down some since it's guaranteed business.

The $240 price the coordinator quoted me at was the same price the hotel was listed as on Orbitz, and when I pointed this out she only took $10 off making it $230. Should I try and negotiate more and if so, what's the best approach for this?

Any other brides have a room block at the Grande Colonial and get a better price than that for a standard room? We are also looking at booking out the mini hotel at $340 a night which also seems high. Hoping there are some brides out there who have haggled their way down so I know what my options are.

Thanks!!

Amanda
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards