Wedding Party

Similar colors to J. Crew Dusty Shale bridesmaids dress?

Hi ladies,

I have started doing some research on bridesmaid dress colors and fell in love with Dusty Shale at J. Crew. Those dresses are a bit pricey and wanted to see if anyone had suggestions on very similar colors. The groomsmen will be in navy suits so I'm trying to find a dress that is light green (but not mint) that will complement the blue.  

Any help is much appreciated!

Kristen

Re: Similar colors to J. Crew Dusty Shale bridesmaids dress?

• I'd start by looking at mint and sage green dresses online, and see where you go from there. 
  • Thanks - will check it out!
  • Can you just go to Home Depot and pick up paint swatches in the color you like, give the swatches to the people who need to have the color and call it a day?
  • Totally random, but I would never have guessed that Dusty Shale would be green. I would have thought grey. Seriously, where do these designers get their color names?
    And I was thinking pale pink.  But I think I read "Dusty" and just thought Dusty Rose and didn't finish reading.
  • lovesclimbinglovesclimbing member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2015
    adk19 said:

Totally random, but I would never have guessed that Dusty Shale would be green. I would have thought grey. Seriously, where do these designers get their color names?

And I was thinking pale pink.  But I think I read "Dusty" and just thought Dusty Rose and didn't finish reading.

----boxes----

That's funny, because I was also thinking it could be a pink or coral shade of not grey.
  • Look for dusty shale dresses on ebay! A bunch of my girls did that and for much less. They often go 30% off and even more for sale styles. They really photograph very nicely, so if you can find them at the right price they're fantastic! All of my girls were really pleased with them. 
  • Thank you all for your help! I really appreciate it. I ordered a lot (sigh, didn't know this would be that hard!) of swatches to see which ones compared the best to Dusty Shale. Celadon at Dessy Group is slightly lighter and Meadow at David's Bridal is slightly darker. We are getting married on a lawn space in front of the ocean so I was thinking a soft green would look really nice. If it is too light (thinking of Celadon), would it make the girls look washed out? 
  • What did you end up choosing? I LOVE the dusty shale color and unfortunately jcrew is no longer making this dress so what is left is stock is all there is. I am in search of bridesmaid dresses that match this color! 
  • What did you end up choosing? I LOVE the dusty shale color and unfortunately jcrew is no longer making this dress so what is left is stock is all there is. I am in search of bridesmaid dresses that match this color! 
    You are relatively new here, so I wanted to give you a heads up that it's pretty frowned-upon to resurrect old posts - especially this one that is over a year old. It's so old JCrew doesn't sell the dress anymore lol. And the OP hasn't been active for nearly 6 months. 

You are more than welcome to start your own thread - in fact it's encouraged! Ask questions! Lurk and learn - we are here to help you during this exciting process! But please remember to double check the post date first ;-)

@scribe95 would you please be kind enough to close this zombie thread? Thank you!