Wedding Reception Forum

Do I have to use Estate tables?

WeddingLeachWeddingLeach member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited December 2015 in Wedding Reception Forum
Hi knotties!!
Do I have to use Estate (size) tables if I am doing intimate & elegant family style, or will the garlands and dishes all fit okay on a standard rectangle table? HELP!! I plan on putting 6 people to 6' table to keep it not crowded and utilize more tables to fill the reception patio space.
I don't know if I can afford to rent estate tables for 45 people.
I had to scrap my entire wedding plan and am now only 5 months away from our planned day. We had to cut the guest list more than in half for financial reasons, and I still want everything to be cozy, elegant, and intimate. Advice?

Re: Do I have to use Estate tables?

• You can use any size table you want.  I used a mix of rounds and squares.    My biggest table held 10 people.  Smallest was 6.    I loved the mix of tables.

Just remember the more tables you have the more extra costs you end up with.  I.e linens and CPs.    

I mixed up the table sizes based on groups.  I had one family that was a group of 10, so I gave them a table of 10.   I had another group of 15.  I had a table of 7 and one of 8.  Another group was 6.      

I guess what I'm saying is I wouldn't be married to tables of 6.  Make them in sizes that make sense to the group they are in.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Thanks for the tip! I only have six 6' and two 8' provided by the venue, so I'm trying to make it work without renting more. They do have 12 round but I've been trying to avoid using more than a few. The tented patio is 30 x 60 so I'll be trying to fill the space too.

I'm more concerned the table being too full with dishes on either side plus a garland and candles as the runners on each long table. I suppose I Just need to go into a shop and do the design to see it in person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards