New Hampshire
Options

List of Caterers - Where to begin?!

Hi! So we just booked our venue and they provided us with a list of 6 approved caterers.  We are not limited to just them though, as we can use an outside caterer for an added fee.  So we are first looking at their list, but I don't know where to begin!  They all have great reviews.  Do I just go off of that?  Do I schedule a meeting or tasting with each?  This is the one area where I feel lost.  We don't have a specific food plan or budget for the meal yet, although we are hoping to keep costs down.  Is it better to come up with that first?  Or discuss it with them as we go?  Thanks for any help! 

Re: List of Caterers - Where to begin?!

• Options
    I'm late to the party but maybe this will help someone in the future...

Venues often have an open house kind of night over the course of a year where their caterers allow a tasting. Does the venue offer that? 

Do the caterers offer tastings? You typically arrange that with them.

Do the caterers have restaurants? Visit. I did this for my first wedding and they were willing to make some meals off the banquet menu for me that werent on the regular menu. 

For my second wedding, we just went with it. We had been to a wedding there previously and enjoyed it and just kind of went on faith that it was going to be good come our wedding day. 

imageimageimage

You'll never be subject to a cash bar, gap, potluck wedding, or b-list if you marry a Muppet Overlord.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards