Destination Weddings Discussions

Lake Tahoe (West Shore) Lodging?

Hi everyone! My fiance and I have chosen to get married at the Hellman-Ehrman Mansion in Lake Tahoe, CA. I asked my wedding planner about what we should do about lodging for guests, and all she said was that we should send save the dates out ASAP so they can find their own.

There aren't really any hotels we can buy blocks from, all of them are in Southshore (about 45 min away from Venue), and are really overpriced anyway. My family and I go to Tahoe every year and just use Airbnb to find a cabin for us and maybe another family. 

This is what I suggested to our guests on our wedding site under accommodations. I just feel bad that we are kind of making them plan way ahead, it's probably a bit stressful for some of them. I've been reaching out to a few people to see if they need any help with planning. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I look into getting a hotel in Southshore and then hiring a bus to take people to and from the venue?

Re: Lake Tahoe (West Shore) Lodging?

• Minderbe said:
    Hi everyone! My fiance and I have chosen to get married at the Hellman-Ehrman Mansion in Lake Tahoe, CA. I asked my wedding planner about what we should do about lodging for guests, and all she said was that we should send save the dates out ASAP so they can find their own.

There aren't really any hotels we can buy blocks from, all of them are in Southshore (about 45 min away from Venue), and are really overpriced anyway. My family and I go to Tahoe every year and just use Airbnb to find a cabin for us and maybe another family. 

This is what I suggested to our guests on our wedding site under accommodations. I just feel bad that we are kind of making them plan way ahead, it's probably a bit stressful for some of them. I've been reaching out to a few people to see if they need any help with planning. Does anyone have any suggestions? Should I look into getting a hotel in Southshore and then hiring a bus to take people to and from the venue?
    I would do both.  I'd contact the hotel(s) in Southshore and request a block of rooms.  I also think it's a good gesture to hire a bus (if it's within your budget).  I also suggest letting them know about your past experiences with Airbnb and offering to help.

When is your wedding?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards