Not Engaged Yet

Monday (but it's my Wednesday)

Morning ladies! It's Monday, but it's not a bad Monday because it's my Wednesday. I work today, work from home tomorrow, work Wednesday (probably get to leave around 3:30p) and then I'm off until January 4, 2016. WOOT!

This weekend we went down to Richmond and had Christmas with my sister and her family. It was fun. I got some new Clemson pajamas, lots of Ferrero Rocher, a new watch case that holds ALL my watches (instead of the two smaller ones that I used to have), and some other trinkets. Saturday I took my niece to the Nutrcracker. We had SUCH a good time. Here we are with the dancers who performed as Clara and Fritz. They were SO nice.

On the way home, I thought I'd try stopping at CVS there to see if I could fill my new ADHD prescription (I have not been able to do it here.... every pharmacy is sold out and it's a controlled substance, so it's a PITA to get). They actually had it, so I'm on day two of taking it. So far, so good!

Some questions:

How was your weekend?
Is there one thing you really hope to get for Christmas?
If you could re-live one day from this past year, which one would it be?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
Still here and still fabulous!

Re: Monday (but it's my Wednesday)

• Is there one thing you really hope to get for Christmas?
    I'd really love a second wedding band, but I keep telling DH I want it for our fifth anniversary, so I am almost positive I won't be getting it this year.

I'd say my 40th birthday. Laying in the sun with a drink in my hand, surrounded by so many good friends. It just doesn't get any better than that.

• @cu97tiger I loved your photos from the Nutcracker! I can't wait for the day I get to start taking Callie to plays and stuff. I'm so glad you were able to get your prescription filled too!

My weekend was so so. Friday was amazing. I got to spend allllllllllll day with @southernpeach89 and Callie. My parents came over that evening and we had happy hour with shrimp and White Christmas Cosmos, then I made a delicious spinach and tortellini bake for dinner and we topped it all off with a little rum cake for dessert. H put his Christmas hat on Callie and took the sweetest photo of her sleeping in my arms.

Saturday I met up with a friend and finished up shopping for materials for Callie's Christmas present. It's a surprise so I'll AW it later but it's totally DIY and it looks amazing!! I hope she loves it (someday).

Sunday I ran some errands and finished making the gift. H had to work all weekend, I think he logged 20+ hours between Saturday and Sunday so it was pretty much me doing stuff by myself while he sat at the kitchen table on conference calls.
    Other questions!
    Is there one thing you really hope to get for Christmas?  I hope we get some really awesome camping supplies.
    If you could re-live one day from this past year, which one would it be? This is tough. I've had some really wonderful days with Callie and my sister that I think I would re-live. Or my birthday, that was another really really amazing day.

• Good morning!

I keep telling myself, only 3 days to work this week... but it's tough!!  I need to buckle down and finish wrapping gifts tonight or tomorrow.  *sigh*  

@cu97tiger - Your niece looks so cute in that picture!!  Sounds like you two had a great time.

I can't think of anything in particular...  I asked for a few things, but nothing that I really, really wanted.  How boring.

I would like to re-live a day when we were vacationing in San Diego after New Years.  It was a really fun trip...  we did lots of relaxing, sight-seeing, eating, and sitting by the water.  
  • @cu97tiger Sounds like a great time with your sis and family! And your birthday did sound pretty perfect!

@labro omg so cuuuuuute!! Can't wait to see what you're making her since I know it'll be all pinterest-perfect!

How was your weekend? My weekend was not great, Saturday night we were supposed to go out for my Christmas present to a fancy dinner but I was feeling really sick so we rescheduled it for next weekend. My brother, who I haven't talked to in a year invited us over on Christmas morning. I was not expecting that so yesterday I had to run out and buy his 3 kids gifts. And I barely see them so didn't know what they are into and just picked random toys.

Is there one thing you really hope to get for Christmas? I won't be getting anything. My parents don't do Christmas (they are currently in Bali), and H is only doing the dinner nothing tangible. But whatever, I ordered myself a treadmill half off on black Friday and it was finally delivered and set up Saturday so that's my present to myself!

If you could re-live one day from this past year, which one would it be? Probably my 30th birthday in Iceland. We went to the Blue Lagoon that day and out for the best dinner of my life.

• Short week this week, and I really don't have anything substantial to work on, so I think this week will be a good break! I have to work a half day Thursday though, and I'm a bit annoyed with that. Governor used to give us the rest of the day off in a "Thank you for your service" thing as a Christmas gift, but he stopped. *sigh* It's not a big deal though since no one will be here and I'll be able to chill. 

The weekend was good, went to an ugly sweater party on Friday night and WON with my giftbag costume. Went to visit my Grandpa on Saturday, and saw Star Wars on Sunday. Star Wars was great, I kind of want to see it again.

The rest of my Sunday was spent packing up some small breakable items and throwing out things. I'm taking baby steps in preparation of moving because 
    I don't want to pack up all my stuff and find out something went wrong and I don't get the house, even though that's unlikely. I don't close until the 29th, I'll be out of town the 30th to the 2nd, and I will be moving my furniture on the 9th. It's going to be a bit of a whirlwind that first week of January!

Is there one thing you really hope to get for Christmas? The only thing I really want for Christmas is money. 

If you could re-live one day from this past year, which one would it be? This is a hard question, I had a lot of great days this year. One of my favorites was the last day of an amputee conference in Tucson, AZ, I woke up early, rock climbed, did a running workshop in the afternoon, and attended a fun dance that night. It was one day I really felt like I could do anything. 

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2015
    Hi!

It is my Thursday, I'm just working tonight and tomorrow and then I have a three day weekend which NEVER happens!

My weekend was okay. Saturday was kind of a crappy day. I worked, and was supposed to co-teach my week 2 puppy class but the trainer called out, therefore extending this whole process by another week. So I stayed at work and right before I left I had the most ANNOYING experience. I was helping a customer fit their newly adopted pitty with a front clip harness so that he wouldn't choke himself while pulling the family down the street. A different customer overheard me explaining how the harness works and starts hovering and muttering to her friend that I was somehow wrong, and then during the entire shopping experience this lady continued to hover and mutter. She tried to talk to my customer several times but the customer wasn't interested.

After I had checked the family out, the crazy person came up to them and introduced herself as a trainer and started talking about how they family should treat their new dog when they get it home, that the harness that I picked for them messes with their joints and bones and alignment of his body (???) and I swear she was making up words. She attempted to name drop an obscure trainer that I remembered from childhood but who is basically a nobody, but didn't even know that the harness is reversible and can clip on the back as well as the front. I was like "It's an EasyWalk... they ALL do that." She was trying to say that the way the strap sits on the dog it'll hurt his elbows (???) and the customer was like where the heck else is the strap going to go?

Anyway this person must have seen my shirt that said "dog trainer" on it and decided I looked too young to know what I'm doing and wanted to show me at thing or two. When the customer finally got away from her she commented on how annoying and inappropriate that was and told me not to worry about it. She only made herself look bad. I should have said something to her before I left but I was too heated and it would have just dragged me down.

On top of that BF and I had a fight, it wasn't long but I was very emotional and upset, but we worked things out really well and moved past it. So I was really just done with Saturday.

Yesterday was a good day, except that we all thought my store was open until 9 instead of 6 which was totally wrong and around 7 the lights all turned off (we have no control over them) and then found out every other store closed regular time so my night ended earlier than I thought it would!

Ughhhh I hate to be this person, and I know I won't get it but an e-ring would be lovely. That is definitely not going to happen lol

July 11th, the second and final show I would see from Taylor Swift's 1989 World Tour. Best day of the year, HANDS DOWN.
  • @cu97tiger I love the nutcracker pics! I have never seen it performed live but I love watching it. What a great story :)

@labro @southernpeach89 I LOVE CALLIE IN THAT HAT!!! She looks so freaking sweet.

@wink0erin The last time I moved I did it the first week of January and it was crazy! I found the house on December 30th, and on the 7th I moved. I didn't even pack anything, I was moving secretly because I was being terrorized by my roommates and I didn't want them to have a reason to get more money from me or try to stop me in any way. I literally took 3 buses to the truck place, drove it back to my house, and started dismantling furniture myself before BF and a coworker came to throw everything I own into garbage bags. If I could do that, moving for you should be a BREEZE! ;)
  • edited December 2015
    @cu97tiger I saw nutcracker for the first time this year also! What version was yours? Btw happy belated!

@labro too cute! :smile:  The "white christmas cosmos" did you get that from Pinterest? I saw something similar on there and debated on making them.

@jenna8984 that was thoughtful of him at least!

@wink0erin congrats on the win! It was a brilliant idea!

How was your weekend?
    Eventful. Friday Matt went to see "Krampus" with friends, and I was to see other friends for coffee. One showed up, other didn't. The one who didn't show ended up being super late as we were leaving! "Oh I fell asleep" We had zero sympathy because she just doesn't show quite often.
    Went home, tidied up, did laundry and baking. Ended up wrapping stuff and just watching tv.

Saturday we took Angel to the vet. He basically has IBS for cats, but it's being aggravated because he has an infection in his mouth. He's on new food to help digestion and meds to reduce the infection. My poor bear! :( He got a bum shave and they washed his legs and tail. He's a fluffy cat, so his wet tail looked like a stick :') I couldn't not laugh!

Sunday we hosted dinner with my dad's side of the family. Went well ... first time hosting family dinner and we opted for buffet style since we didn't have enough chairs.

Honestly. No idea. Kinda hoping for gift cards because I need to relook at my wardrobe.
    I'm super stoked for my mum and Matt to open their gifts though!

Is it super cheesy to say my wedding day? It's only day I could have everyone I care about in one room. Our whole lives were in one room. Family, friends, coworkers .... plus my dress looked great ;)
  • @wink0erin I love your relive one day story!!!!

@MissKittyDanger No, it's actually a seasonal drink at a restaurant chain in our area. My mom wanted to go out for drinks and I told her there was no in hell a baby at a bar on a Friday night seemed like a good idea so we had everyone over instead. This is the recipe I used.

http://www.food.com/recipe/winter-white-cosmopolitan-336547

@untouchablets I will say we switched from the EasyWalk to the Gentle Leader BECAUSE it really did seem to restrict Cinders shoulders. The harness was the best thing ever but I couldn't take her running in it. I still recommend it to everyone over a traditional harness, but it doesn't work for every dog every time.

• @labro Yep exactly right! After I fitted the dog I watched him move and adjusted as necessary but he didn't seem to have trouble moving naturally and he was very relaxed and comfortable with it on. I love the gentle leader too! It's not as widely accepted as the EasyWalk, I wonder what the know-it-all lady would  have said if I had suggested that!
  • @cu97tiger I'm glad you were able to get your meds! 
    @labro Callie is so cute!
    @untouchablets That is SO annoying! I worked at a pet store for part of college (in the grooming area for a while and then out on the floor) and people used to hassle me about things, little did they know I had worked at a veterinary hospital before and knew a heck of a lot more than they did. Even when I shifted focus and started working desk jobs people treated me like a child. This followed me until my current job (which I started at age 27) when FINALLY I was treated with respect. I think a lot of it has to do with me looking young for my age. It's great to look young for the most part, but when trying to be taken seriously in your career it sucks. 

• @labro  oh yum! That sounds better than the one I saw on pinterest!
  • @misskittydanger When fluffy cats get wet (or have a spot shaved down) it's so funny yet so sad at the same time. 
    @speakeasy14 LOL at wrapping the gift in packing tape! My sister always tapes the crap out of envelopes and giftbags and I have been so tempted to do the same to her gift, but I don't. I don't think she means to make things impossible for the recipient to open, I think she just really wants to make sure it won't accidentally open up, hah!

• @misskittydanger definitely not cheesy, I would have chosen my wedding day but it was last year.

@cu97tiger also super jealous that you have next week off! I have month end accounting prep so I'm working M-W next week.

@wink0erin Do you have a lease right now and a certain date to move out by? It's always nice if you don't actually HAVE to be out until a few weeks later so you can do it little at a time.

• @wink0erin Yeah, I already expect to be treated this way from customers who don't believe that I have the knowledge and experience to do this. I'm only 24 and I look younger to most people. Add in the political aspects of the dog world and it's understandable that I'll meet people like this. The problem was she stuck her nose where it didn't belong, made my customer feel uncomfortable and insulted (this is not her first dog), and undermined me while I was trying to do my job.
  • @wink0erin  It's funnier because he has a little hook at the end of his tail, so you could really see it. I had to leave the room because he was giving me mean looks for laughing {my cat gets embarrassed easily}

@jenna8984 oh good :P 
  • @jenna8984 My "must be out" day is Jan 17. I've lived in the same place for almost 4 years and was month to month after the first year, so all I needed to do was give 30 days notice, which I gave when my offer was accepted. If it falls through, I don't have to leave. I just would need to notify my landlord immediately and pay the full month's rent rather than the pro-rated amount. With closing on the 29th that gives me a couple weeks, but my new years trip (which has been planned for months) is kind of messing with the optimal packing/moving plans. Luckily I come back home the 2nd and will have that evening and the 3rd to move small things before getting back to work. 

• AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2015

@labro - Callie's eyelashes are TO DIE FOR. *swoon*

@wink0erin - Move in day is so close! Ahhh!!!! How freakin excited are you?!? Congrats on winning the contest! I'm glad some people know how contests work. ;)

@untouchablets - I appreciate the honesty in your answer! But omg, that is so funny that the lights got turned off on you!

@speakeasy14 - Your wrapping sounds amazing and hilarious. Well done!

-----------------------

How was your weekend? It was alright. BF gets to work 12 hour days until Christmas Eve, so that included both days this weekend. I spent a lot of time bored by myself, but I did some reading, and finally finished a book that I started months ago. The only activity we really did was on Saturday night we met some friends at a Peruvian tapas restaurant, and I actually enjoyed ceviche AND octopus for the first time. When we got the bill I had a minor heart attack, but decided it was worth it. Then we went to a comedy show called Twist Your Dickens. I expected it to have tons of improv but the only "suggestions" they really took were using confessions of bad behavior that they had the audience write on scraps of paper before the show. It was funny, but again, not quite worth what I paid for it.

Is there one thing you really hope to get for Christmas? Rock Band for Xbox One. Oh yea.

If you could re-live one day from this past year, which one would it be? I guess I would choose the day in Alaska that we did the Upper Dewey Lake hike in Skagway. I'd love to re-experience the view of my mountain climb, too, but the stress that came with it I'd prefer to not go through again.

• @wink0erin nice that's perfect that your landlord is flexible! When I bought my first house I had like 3 months left on the lease and I asked if I could just get out of it and the landlord was really nice and let me.

• @untouchablets I can't stand when people do that.  I had a similar experience when I first got Callie.  Except the know-it-all tried telling me that I was a bad pet parent because I had a puppy that was barking and excited. Good job for remaining professional and not telling her where to stick it.
  • @misskittydanger - I'm not sure what you mean by 'what version' it was?
    @speakeasy14 - She was SO shy around the dancers, which is why I was in almost every picture. I did get her to take a picture with some bunnies (from under Miss Ginger's skirt, if you've seen it).

• @alpacina Yeah well I would have said a puppy but that's gonna be my birthday present to me lol. If he did give me one I'm not sure I'd know what to do with it lmao. And also I told him I didn't want to be proposed to on a holiday. Everything is working against me here :lol: 
  • @cu97tiger  oh there's 2 versions. Russian version and 1800's version. I'm not familiar with the ballet so I'm not sure what the difference is
  • @speakeasy14 Thanks! I was really glad it was past my time to go by the time the ordeal was over, that's for sure.
  • @cu97tiger - I love that picture!  The Nutcracker is always so much fun.

@labro - That picture of Callie is SO cute!

How was your weekend?
    Long.  My brother got married on Saturday (I think I posted about this earlier--my sisters, mom, and I basically were event planners/caterers for the entire thing, which frustrated all of us.)  I drove to Oklahoma with my sister/brother-in-law/nephew and we got in on Wednesday night, and then it was non-stop wedding prep until Saturday.  The wedding ended up going really well, but we were totally wiped by the end of it.  We sat at home totally exhausted and drank wine.  Yesterday we had church and then I met up with a couple of old friends for lunch.  Then last night we went out for Mexican food and my nephew, trying to order a taco, ordered a "chip with beef in it," and that made us all laugh so hard.

We've already done Christmas with my family.  All I really wanted was an essential oil diffuser, and my parents got me one.  I love it!

Our first day in Istanbul.  It was absolutely perfect!
  • @cu97tiger that just makes it even more adorable, and you an even more awesome aunt!  I used to see the Nutcracker every year, definitely a favorite childhood memory. 

@wink0erin haha I really can't wait for his reaction.  His whole thought process is the fun part is unwrapping the gift, and if it is easy than it takes away from the fun.  He used a glue stick to wrap everyone's gifts last year.  I didn't leave a gap anywhere so the only way for him to unwrap it is either patience or scissors.

@wink0erin & @untouchablets I feel your pain. I have a baby face and I'm 5'2".  It is extremely difficult to have people take me seriously in a professional environment, especially in the summer when we have interns.  
  • @futuremrshistorian please tell me that you and your mother got a huge thank you from them?
  • To anyone who saw and loved The Jinx, you have to watch Making a Murderer on Netflix. I'm halfway through it and it's jaw-dropping.
  • I need to vent and rant, so you don't even have to read this but I am little screamy on the inside today.

It was almost a perfectly merry Christmas. Now my fucking ex-SIL is putting on the nice half of her personality and making people able to tolerate her again, so it's only a matter of time until I hear she's coming over on Christmas day. (Refresher: She is the reason that my brother was convicted of assault. They've been divorced all of 3 months or something now?) I remember when my mom called me right before their divorce crying because this woman had sent her the nastiest e-mails and text messages, and then this morning she tells me that they all had a "lovely time" at my mom's birthday part on Friday. W.T.F.F.

I won't be able to hold it together if she comes on Friday. I'd like to be the bigger person, but I highly doubt I can. I'd probably leave my presents and head home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards