Not Engaged Yet

Monday (but it's my Wednesday)

Re: Monday (but it's my Wednesday)

• @alpacina omg that's horrible!! Why would they let her back in?? Won't your brother be there on Christmas? Can they be in the same room together? I have SO MANY QUESTIONS.
  • @speakeasy14 - My SIL said thank you as they were leaving their reception.  My brother said thank you in an email to everybody involved in the wedding telling us where to be when.  I don't know if those qualify as a "huge thank you," but it was something.
  • @GoldenPenguin  yay another re-wedding day! lol

@speakeasy14 @wink0erin  @untouchablets  -  I totally get you ladies. I'm 28 and on Friday the waiter i.d'd me just to see how old I was.
    him: Sorry, I thought you were 23 max
    me: yeh ... that happens a lot.

My coworkers were laughing because I got i.d'd

• I'm still getting over my cold. Luckily I have off today.  I have to run over to the mall in a few minutes too.  My goal is the mall, laundry and making chocolate meringues.  Did anyone else watch the Miss Universe Pageant? H & I only watched the end but wow so awkward.
    How was your weekend? 4 performances of A Christmas Carol, so exhausting
    Is there one thing you really hope to get for Christmas? a baby
    If you could re-live one day from this past year, which one would it be? no idea, probably one day from our bahamas vacation in March

Anniversary

• @untouchablets - My brother and her are dating again. The divorce was such a shit show, and then next thing I know I hear my parents are watching their kids so they can have a weekend away. . . *puke*

My brother asked to bring her when he was invited to my mom's party, and my mom said yes. My mom thinks kissing her ass is the only way to keep their kids in her life, which is true if they're in a relationship. But we got my brother and his kids back in our lives BECAUSE of the divorce. If he's dating her again, I'm not going to bother trying to form some kind of attachment because I'm sure he'll be isolating himself again soon enough. He's ashamed because he knows we hate her, and he takes it out on his family instead of doing right for himself.

• untouchabletsuntouchablets member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2015
    @GoldenPenguin I cannot believe what I am watching. I have a feeling my head might explode soon.
  • T&P, please.  There have been 2 attacks in Afghanistan tonight, one of which hit very close to BF.  I think he's okay, but the situation is developing and I just don't know.
  • I'm so sorry @futuremrshistorian - that must be terrifying for you.  T&P are with your BF. 
  • AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2015

@futuremrshistorian - That is so scary! I hope your BF is fine, and I hope you get some news that makes you feel a little less on edge soon!

@minskat30 - I tried ceviche once before and thought it was disgusting. This was like heaven. I've been craving more ceviche ever since! . . . Haha, and believe me, if she shows up on Christmas, EVERYONE will be hammered. ETA: I can't wait for your big ultrasound! Ahhh!!!! :D:D

• @alpacina that is so tough. I'd be heated too. I'll be sending Christmas vibes!

@futuremrshistorian vibes to your BF! I hope everything is okay!!!
  • labro said:
    @futuremrshistorian I hope everything is ok! Prayers!

@minskat30 Stop buying baby stuff! How are your NEY friends supposed to shower you with gifts???? I hope the scan in a few weeks goes well and that you can come back here and AW all the good news!

@AlPacina Everything will be better with wine. I'm sorry your ex-SIL might show up.
    Everything @labro said to all three of you.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Forgot the questions...sorry.

Is there one thing you really hope to get for Christmas?
    Not particularly.  I want my house to be more organized, does that count?  I would love a pregnancy pillow and if I don't get one I may end up buying one myself...I'm having a hard time getting comfortable in bed already (my back hurts a bit and my belly is always uncomfortable) and that doesn't bode well for the future since I'm still so early on.  

If you could re-live one day from this past year, which one would it be?
    From this past year?  Our last full day in Ixtapa, Mexico.    
  • @minskat30  gender so soon!!

@futuremrshistorian vibes! <3

@AlPacina family are crazy :\ hopefully you can enjoy it without too much drama!
  • @GoldenPenguin Will your H come over and clean my bathrooms too???? Pretty please!?

• @alpacina holy. shit. your bro and his wife are crazypants to be dating again. I would probably gift and peace pretty quickly.

@minskat30 yaaaay everything baby, just a few weeks! What was the trip/ flight you were planning for H?

@futuremrshistorian will be thinking of him!

@goldenpenguin sucks spending that much right at the holidays but at least you are driving around safe now

• @alpacina Whoa, that's mega crazy. I hope Christmas goes smoothly. I really don't understand couples that have dramatic breakups and then get right back together, even worse when the breakup is a divorce.
    @futuremrshistorian Oh no! I hope everything is ok for your BF. 

• Oh, in other "good news", I messed up my BC big time this weekend, along with lots of unprotected intercourse, so if I were to get accidentally pregnant now would be the time. I'll know in a week. Wish me luck.

@labro and others- Want to do a game? I was thinking we could do a version of The Game of Things, but without guessing who said what. Is anyone going to be around for the next few hours?

• @AlPacina I'm in for a game....and fingers crossed there's no occupant in your ute!

• @minskat30 I just bought THIS body pillow for my sister.  She kept saying that a regular body pillow wasn't helping and this one is smaller than the other pregnancy pillows so if you toss and turn a lot it is easier to take with you.  It's arriving Wednesday, so depending what she says maybe you'll be getting one for New Years  

@futuremrshistorian sending lots of positive thoughts your way.  Hope he is safe and you're able to find out soon.

@alpacina that is ridiculous.  Did she end the restraining order so they could be together again? My mom would probably do the same for the sake of the kids. Keeping my fingers crossed she doesn't show up and ruin Christmas.  Those poor kids though :( 
  • @speakeasy14 - I don't even know if the restraining order still exists! I freaking forgot about that! Ahh!!!!!!

• So I just asked corporate HR about fmla/maternity leave and he is telling me that it's 100% unpaid and that I have to use all my vacation time first. I'm a little caught off guard because I could have sworn that I asked about it when I was first hired and they told me it was paid for 6 weeks then unpaid for 6 weeks. We don't freaking have HR in my office so I have to email with them, so I'm waiting for a response back but that is pretty shitty if they really aren't going to pay ANYTHING.

• cu97tiger said:
    labro said:
    @futuremrshistorian I hope everything is ok! Prayers!

@minskat30 Stop buying baby stuff! How are your NEY friends supposed to shower you with gifts???? I hope the scan in a few weeks goes well and that you can come back here and AW all the good news!

@AlPacina Everything will be better with wine. I'm sorry your ex-SIL might show up.
    Everything @labro said to all three of you.
    Second this. I was going to say exactly all of these things.

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Game of Things is posted! Hope you have fun with it. They aren't supposed to be serious questions.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards