Not Engaged Yet

Fitness 12/28 Check In

minskat30minskat30 member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited December 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
Ok, I know it is slow but I thought I would do a fitness check-in nonetheless.  I'm trying to get back into working out since the nauseau is going down for me...of course I got a lovely new symptom this weekend (I'm out of breath really quickly) but I'm going to try not to use that as an excuse...

Last week
Monday: 30 minutes elliptical
Tuesday: 50 minutes spin class (at a slower rate than usual)
Wednesday: 50 minute spin class (at a slower rate than usual)
Thursday: rest
Friday: rest
Saturday 3 mile walk
Sunday: rest

This week
Monday: 30-45 minutes elliptical
Tuesday: 50 minute spin class (again, at slower rate)
Wednesday: 3-4 mile walk
Thursday: Cleaning/prep for bathroom remodel/rest
Friday: Bathroom demolition (this one is a big "maybe" though...I'm not sure if we will find mold...if we do, I'm staying away)
Saturday: 3 mile walk
Sunday: rest

Re: Fitness 12/28 Check In

• Last week I didn't do jack. It was raining constantly and it was just impossible to do anything.

Monday: Nothing. I'm planning to go home, do laundry, and start packing up Christmas decorations.
    Tuesday: Min. 2 mile run. Shooting for 3.1 though.
    Wednesday: Not sure yet. I'm thinking yoga sounds pretty wonderful.
    Thursday: PARTY
    Friday: Go for a walk.
    Saturday: Min. 2 mile run again.
    Sunday: Yoga, rest and relax.

• Last week

This week:
    Monday: taking down the tree and cleaning the house
    Tuesday: yoga
    Wednesday: pure barre (possibly moving washer & dryer into house)
    Thursday: party 
    Friday: if the weather cooperates, skiing
    Saturday: skiing (or yoga)
    Sunday: skiing (or rest)

I plan to ski as much as possible once the slopes are open because we're going on a ski trip at the end of January with a bunch of friends. 
  • labro said:
    Oh I just bought a 10 lb kettle bell and some 5 lb hand weights! H has 10 lb weights but I'd like to work my way up to them, not just START using them. So yay!
    That is great!  I love kettle bell exercises too...they are really effective.  :)  
  • labro said:
    Oh I just bought a 10 lb kettle bell and some 5 lb hand weights! H has 10 lb weights but I'd like to work my way up to them, not just START using them. So yay!
    I definitely saw keggles, and thought, oh wow I didn't know they made that...
  • Me, literally:

• I want to play this week.

My goals are:
    Do 20 minutes of yoga or easy PiYo twice this week.
    Eat some kind of veg at least once a day.
    Get 7-8 hours of sleep every night.

The nausea is starting to let up a teensy bit, so I don't want to push too hard and end up sick again... just want to get my toes back in the water this week.  And as for the veggies, I'm so thankful that I seem to be able to eat more real food instead of milk, mac and cheese, and toast with PB every day.  Yesterday, we cooked a roast chicken with yukon potatoes and carrots.  Well, I did the veggie part and H handled the chicken.  Headed in the right direction!!
  • labro said:
    I definitely saw keggles, and thought, oh wow I didn't know they made that...
    Omg can you imagine....a 10 lb keggle weight.....holy shit.

• @labro - Definitely youtube video some kettlebell workouts. You should have no problem at all with 10lb kettlebell swings, but there are other workouts that are one-armed, so the 10lbs will be a little more of a challenge. GET IT GRRRL.

Last week:
    Mon - crossfit
    Tues - crossfit
    Wed - rest
    Thurs - crossfit (by this point in the week, my abs hurt so bad it was hard to breathe)
    Fri - rest
    Sat - run 2.5 miles
    Sun - rest

This week:
    Mon - I was excited to go to crossfit today but I tweaked my neck yesterday and now I'm sitting on the couch just hoping it feels better tomorrow!
    Tue - I'm thinking about running to crossfit (2.5 miles)
    Wed - rest (travel to Florida)
    Thur - crossfit
    Fri - long walk on beach
    Sat - run/long walk on beach
    Sun - rest
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Last week:
    NOTHING

This week: