Not Engaged Yet

Engagement season

2»

Re: Engagement season

• A coworker just had a full out meltdown after she found out a friend got engaged.  I thought she was hurt because she was bawling in the bathroom.  So I asked if she was ok.  In between sobs, her exact words were "I'm going to die alone."  I had to walk out because I couldn't hold in the laughter. 

• @speakeasy14

Good for you for holding it together.  I would have sputtered laugh at the very least.
  • A facebook friend who I went to high school with, who isn't in a relationship posted the day after Christmas:

"Since everyone I know is now engaged, I know I'm going to be alone forever."

Later that day she posted:

"I can't stand being in this town anymore [she still lives in our home town], I'm going on a mini-vacation by myself". And then she did. She posted pictures of herself drinking multiple bottles of wine in a hotel room alone over a number of days.
  • There were a couple engagement posts over Christmas and New Years but seriously about 10000000 pregnancy announcements. A lot of my friends will post things like, "everyone over here is getting engaged, married, pregnant and I'm just sitting here with my Wine." Nothing too crazy yet.
  • I think the best part of my life began when I decided I didn't need someone else to be able to have a fun time. I ended up going on all kinds of mini trips by myself, eating all the foods and drinking all the wines (and beers). Haters gonna hate. 

I don't think a single person I know got engaged this season. I still wish for some crazy to come to the boards. I long for it. 

• @wink0erin I keep hoping by keeping this thread alive, we'll get some bites
  • labro said:
    I mean....I just don't understand what's wrong with getting a hotel room and drinking a bunch of wine. I don't.
    Hahaha, nothing wrong with it. I would totally do it. It was her reason for doing it that I found humorous. 
  • So, BF have been together five years, not engaged. If it would help, I could fake a huge meltdown with lots of incoherent rambling, misspellings and over used slang. It has been kind of boring around here lately.

When people do ask when we're going to get married I always say "oh, we set a date, the 12th of when we're damn good and ready".

• labro said:

I mean....I just don't understand what's wrong with getting a hotel room and drinking a bunch of wine. I don't.

I called that being in the Peace Corps.

• I am rewatching Marry Me for entertainment 

Click
  • I had ~5 engagement announcements over the holidays. I think only 2 baby ones.
    My friends are betting (for me) on our 10 year anniversary. I'm trying to be good aka not go bsc haha.
  • @teddygirl9 - It's so hard not to go BSC when your friends are helping drive you there! I asked FI not to propose on any special occasions (holidays, birthdays, anniversaries) to help me from going especially crazy on those days. He ended up proposing on my birthday anyway but I seriously had NO idea it was coming that day and I'm so glad I wasn't worried all day about whether or not it would happen and could just enjoy everything.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards