Chit Chat
Options

Married At First Sight

Does anyone watch this? Help me embrace my own shame here. Also, if you do; isn't Sam the worst?

Re: Married At First Sight

• Options
    I watched the first season, and the follow up season on those couples. I don't get the channel at my house so I have to watch it online and I was terrible at remembering it :/
  • Options
    Yes, DH and I both watch. Sam is the worst, we both agree with you. We feel so bad for Neil...he seems like such a good guy. Ashley isn't much better than Sam.
  • Options
    This show really pulls me in. No way I could do it! And yes, Sam doesn't even seem to try, feel so bad for Neil. I keep having glimmers of hope for Ashley, then she just goes back to being so withdrawn.
  • Options
    I totally watched the first season, dvr'ed it all before we got bored with it. My BFF said she was going to apply because she is desperate to get married, which kind of soured me on the show and I haven't watched :/

It really is the kind of train wreck show you can't look away from, I love it.
  • Options

I seem to be a reality show addict because I just commented on the Biggest Loser thread. I freaking love Married at First Sight, I have watched all the seasons and follow ups. While Sam is being a bitch, I kinda feel like the experts didn't pair them well. They just kept saying "oh both of them are quirky!" Like not really, she's a bank manager, just because she has a flying squirrel pet doesn't really make her that quirky. Neil on the other hand is pretty "out there", but he seems like a really nice guy.

My prediction is Ashley and Dave (?) will be the only ones to stay together. She will warm up to him.

• Options
    Ugh, Sam is the WORST for sure. I actually fast forward through their segments sometimes, because I get tired of cringing at everything she does. I feel so bad for Neil.

What really gets me about Sam is that during the interview process, she makes a point (a couple of times) that she doesn't care if her future husband is conventionally attractive, and that looks don't matter to her. Yet once she meets him, she goes on and on about how she is not attracted to him. She really just seems so fake.

But I do like the other couples. Ashley seems a little aloof, but I think it's just her shyness. Hopefully she continues to open up to David, because he seems like a super sweet guy.

I agree with @jenna8984 - If I had to choose one couple to be successful, it would be Ashley and David.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I've been watching and I feel like I could have done a better job matching the couples. I think Ashley and Dave can work, but Ashley has to see past appearances. Dave comes off as super friendly- that would annoy me, but I think Ashley is starting to appreciate how thoughtful he is being.

Sam and Neil on the other hand, oh boy. Sam is crazy to me. She reminds me of a toxic friend I had in the past. Poor Neil. She makes my skin crawl with how rude and obnoxious she is in each episode. 
  • Options
    YES, PPs! I totally agree. While I think Ashley's personality rivals a dish rag (that bachelorette party? Come on.), she shows potential to develop feelings for her seemingly awesome husband. I see them sticking together as well.

• Options
    Thanks to this post I just discovered the magic that is this show. I am hooked.

• Options
    @thefanciestbeckler I think on fyi.tv you can watch like every episode and past seasons too! They have a show Arranged that's pretty amazing too, 3 arranged marriages.

• Options
    So I just watched this for the first time. There were like 4 episodes on last night. It seems like 2 of the girls are pretty horrible and not trying at all. This show is aggravating us to no end, but fun to watch.
  • Options
    @jenna8984 oh this is good to know!!! I even got DH watching last night. He usually hates my taste in TV (i.e. any awful reality show that comes on) but even he thought it was interesting. I'm going to have to check out Arranged too!!

• Options
    Im convinced the only couple working out, Tres and Vanessa,  are going to have some sort of major blow up and then Sam and Neil will live happily ever after (for like a year or so).

I hate Jamie with a passion because she's so so so obsessed with TV and doing things to keep them on more shows It's sad because Doug seems like a genuine guy who just wanted to find a nice wife. 
  • Options

I. love. this. show.

I'm not a fan of any of the women this season. Ashley needs to get out of her own damn way (poor Dave is SO positive and trying SO HARD) and Sam annoys the shit out of me. If you have to keep talking about how funny and quirky you are, you aren't. Neil seems weird as shit but I kinda like him. And Vanessa seems like she's trying to find things wrong with Tres. "He wasn't looking for marriage". No, bitch, because he's putting the horse before the cart.

Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options
    I watch this show too. You are right that there are some moments (and people) that are hard to watch. Sometimes I wonder "did y'all not see that past two episodes to know who this show works?" Sheesh!  :D
  • Options
    Aaaaaand in a "let's stay on TV" move, Monet from Season 1 is now on #Black Love on FYI. Five black women going through ten weeks of dating/relationship workshop with a licensed psychotherapist and a dating coach. Monet apparently talked a couple of her friends into signing up--but if they are friends, they haven't had many conversations about things that matter....
  • Options
    I'm kind of late to the game but did anyone else notice that Ashley started warming up to Dave a little more after she found out how much money he makes and he offered to rent a nice house? Financial security is for sure attractive but that made me sad for Dave.
  • Options
    YES @lc07 she definitely warmed up when she saw that he was willing to shell out big bucks for that gorgeous house. I feel bad for Dave, even though he annoys me. 

I think they all annoy me.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    @lc07 I felt really bad for Dave actually. He basically said  "I can spent a ton of money on renting a house, cool?" and she's like "oh this relationship seems like it could work.."
  • Options
    I feel bad for Dave as well.  However, I don't think he's handling it properly.  I mean clearly before he offered to rent the house she showed ZERO signs of interest in him.  He reminds me of a sad puppy, basically willing to do anything to keep her attention (probably has to do with how she looks TBH, cause otherwise her personality sure isn't going to reel him in).  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Ashley is terrible for being attracted to Dave's dangling money, Dave is terrible for flashing money for affection, Sam is terrible for every possible reason, and Vanessa is (a little) terrible for looking for problems where there aren't any...but the show would probably be really boring if these people were different.
  • Options
    Did anyone watch this episode last night? It seems Sam is becoming a lot nicer and I am starting to like them as a couple. Ashley still sucks in my book. It's like she's unwilling to talk about anything.
  • Options
    I agree! I DVR'd it and fell asleep during, but it looks like Sam is finally trying (probably only because she's starting to find an attraction to Neil, but does that mean she's an asshole to everyone she doesn't think is foxy?).

Ashley currently wins as The Worst. She couldn't call and say she'd be 2 hours late? She's such a grump that I can't even understand how David is constantly trying to win her over. I'd be done.
  • Options
    I just watched it last night. Sam is definitely growing on me. I'm glad she's stopped being so condescending and bitchy towards Neil.

Ashley, on the other hand, is just awful. She is super boring and the way she acts towards David is so so so so rude. I feel like she only cares about herself and her own feelings and opinions. I understand if you aren't romantically attracted to someone, but for crying out loud you could call and tell them that you're running 2+ hours late! I feel so bad for him.

• Options
    Sam just comes across as soooo fake and selfish to me. As long as things are exactly how she wants them, then she can be fine. But she is just waiting for one slight misstep to be the rude and condescending person she is. She keeps saying she wants a man who will put her in her place when she is out of line, but I can't see that going well for Neil if he ever does.

Ashley is just awful to David. She is not even trying. She refuses to talk about anything and I want to shake her. David is such a nice guy and he deserves so much better than her. And her not letting him know she was running late was so rude and inconsiderate. He handled that in a much calmer way than I would have been able to.
  • Options
    Just caught up last night.  I ditto the other sentiments here... Ashley is just the worst.  Part of me wonders if she would open up more if the cameras weren't there, but then again, she signed up to be on the show... ie in front of cameras, so maybe not.  I just feel for David... he is trying so hard, and he needs to just stop, she's clearly not interested in making it work at all.  She says she quit working to "work on this marriage and school" but I think she quit cause she knows David is footing the bill for everything right now.  

However, I do think the fishbowl thing was a bit of an awkward conversation to have on camera... I don't think I'd be comfortable with answering some of those questions with a national audience.  If it was just me and my husband, no problem though.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Oh also, Vanessa getting annoyed by Tre's work hours was a bit annoying to me.  I never understood why some women get so worked up when their husband is working hard.  She's even said before he's the breadwinner... it's like, well, if you want your husband to be the breadwinner, you have to deal with what that sometimes means... ie long hours etc.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options
    Just caught up last night.  I ditto the other sentiments here... Ashley is just the worst.  Part of me wonders if she would open up more if the cameras weren't there, but then again, she signed up to be on the show... ie in front of cameras, so maybe not.  I just feel for David... he is trying so hard, and he needs to just stop, she's clearly not interested in making it work at all.  She says she quit working to "work on this marriage and school" but I think she quit cause she knows David is footing the bill for everything right now.  

I thought the same thing! She was like oh I am making sacrifices for this relationship, I quit my job. It's like um that's not a sacrifice to be lucky enough to have someone support you while you focus on your schoolwork!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards