Chit Chat

Happy New Year's Eve Eve!

Happy New Year's Eve Eve, everyone! What are you all doing for NYE this year?
This year is the first year in a while that H and I have zero plans (and I am really psyched about that!) Plus, it's our first NYE in our new house! 

There are a few restaurants in our new town that we want to try, so we will most likely go out for an early dinner, then come home and sit in front of the fireplace and watch the irreverent hilarities with Anderson Cooper & Kathy Griffin ensue on CNN. 

Re: Happy New Year's Eve Eve!

• Happy New Year's Eve Eve! Only today and half a day tomorrow before a nice long weekend!

I kind of sort of wish we were staying in but we've bought tickets to a night out in london with a bunch of our friends. I think this will be the first time I've gone out for NYE in about 8yrs, I'm such a homebody. To be fair though the club night is playing nothing but power ballads (think Journey and Meatloaf, haha!) so I am actually quite looking forward to it!

• Happy New Year's Eve Eve! Only today and half a day tomorrow before a nice long weekend!

I kind of sort of wish we were staying in but we've bought tickets to a night out in london with a bunch of our friends. I think this will be the first time I've gone out for NYE in about 8yrs, I'm such a homebody. To be fair though the club night is playing nothing but power ballads (think Journey and Meatloaf, haha!) so I am actually quite looking forward to it!
    That sounds super fun! My office is a ghost town today, so I only have 5.5 more hours until I leave for the day - and then a half day tomorrow as well! 

• My best friend and her husband are coming in town from Connecticut (yay!!!), so we are going to her parents' annual NYE party to hang out with them. I usually go even if she isn't here, but this is definitely an added bonus! 

I think New Years Day will consist of watching some good ole college football and being lazy around the house with DH.

• We are going out with friends. I'd rather do something at home, but they want to go out, and I was outvoted. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • AddieCake said:
    We are going out with friends. I'd rather do something at home, but they want to go out, and I was outvoted. 
    I'm such a homebody when it comes to NYE - but usually we have plans to go out and I end up being glad I went out. I hope you have fun - and be safe!

• My best friend and her husband are coming in town from Connecticut (yay!!!), so we are going to her parents' annual NYE party to hang out with them. I usually go even if she isn't here, but this is definitely an added bonus! 

I think New Years Day will consist of watching some good ole college football and being lazy around the house with DH.
    That sounds like a great time - I hope you have a blast!
  • Yeah, I'm always the same when I have plans - I moan that I don't want to go (and I mean it!) but then have a great time when I'm actually out. The lure of PJ's and the couch is just too much goddamit!

Anyone got any good new years resolutions? Mine is to finally finish some of the DIY on the house that we've put off for aaaages and to try to make all our own meals so that I don't spend so much money on lunches at the office. not good for my wallet or my behind. We'll see how long I can keep it up!

• H asked me to marry him 5 years ago today!  Huzzah! 

Tomorrow, I get out of work at 3 PM.  Then H & I will go for an early steak dinner.  Then we will go to two different sets of friend's houses.  First, we will hit my BFF's house up.  Stay for a few hours.  Then head over to my H's friend's house where we will celebrate the new year.  We will head home around 12:30 or so.

Then on the 1st, we always sit down and watch the Mummers Parade.

• AddieCake said:
    We are going out with friends. I'd rather do something at home, but they want to go out, and I was outvoted. 
    I'm opposite.  Months ago my friends and I decided to go out for NYE, but as the time approached, they had no money so we're doing a house party instead.  I'd rather go out and take advantage of the bar packages. Oh well.

• We're staying in with some friends (not sure if their house or ours) and will play board games & watch football. They just got back from visiting family and have brought homemade tamales. I can't wait!
  • H and I have a tradition of staying home, making a nice dinner that we don't usually have time to make and playing games or watching a movie or two. While we get to spend the holidays together there's always so much family involved that we rarely get a moment with just the two of us... so this is "our" holiday. This year is homemade pasta and pesto with homemade bread, and we'll probably pop open a bottle of wine we've had since the wedding or maybe some specialty beers we've been saving. 
  • Going to visit my parents for a couple days; my niece and nephew are in town! The 31st we will take them to see one of the big drive-through xmas lights shows. Not sure what we're doing for the whole midnight thing, though. The 1st we will have my family's Christmas, finally!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • H and I have a tradition of staying home, making a nice dinner that we don't usually have time to make and playing games or watching a movie or two. While we get to spend the holidays together there's always so much family involved that we rarely get a moment with just the two of us... so this is "our" holiday. This year is homemade pasta and pesto with homemade bread, and we'll probably pop open a bottle of wine we've had since the wedding or maybe some specialty beers we've been saving. 
    That sounds heavenly.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • NYE is the one night a year that DH still DJs.  I always go with him and sit in the DJ booth acting cool, people watching, and drinking free champagne.  It's pretty amazing.  I'll get out of work early tomorrow, which means that this year I will be going home to take a nap before heading to the party.  Champagne is out but i'm hoping it'll still be fun, and I can make it until closing time. . . . my bedtime has been getting earlier and earlier these days.  I can still be a DJ groupie at 9 months pregnant, right?

DH's bff is in from Germany for the holidays though, so he and his gf will be joining us.  DH is REALLY excited about that, which is great!
  • Happy NYEE!! H and I are homebodies - we have not gone out for NYE in many years. We usually make a nice dinner, cook up some fancy appetizers, and drink champagne while watching the ball drop. Then we go to bed.

Funny story: A few years ago, we went snowboarding on NYE. We were really tired when we got home, so we decided to nap. Well, H apparently turned off the alarm (set for 9pm or something) in his sleep, so we woke up at 11:45. I was determined to have our normal champagne and appetizers, so I quickly heated up the apps, we chugged down some champagne, and we were back in bed by 12:15. 

H works a 12-hour shift tomorrow, and I kind of suspect he will fall asleep before midnight this time. But that's ok, since we plan to go snowboarding on Friday AND Saturday - the snow pack in the Cascades is insane this year, and I am SOOO excited to hit the mountain!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Ohh, I love this idea! We have a bottle of the wine we served at our wedding, plus a really nice bottle my dad gave us on our wedding day... Maybe we will open one of those!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards