Wedding Reception Forum

Is it worth it?

Venue one
you can bring in your own alcohol, have too use one of their caterers and you have to bring in chairs the  tables and dance floor is included. Its a 8,000 fee. If ceremony is held there  too its 10,000 is it worth it to save on alcohol? If i decide to go this route and buy the wine and beer what red wine would you prefer and what white wine ?i do not drink

Venue two

If you have the ceremony here you must spend 15,000 in food and beverages. All tables and chairs are included. If you have the reception here it is another 5 to 10,000 room rental fee.

Photography Amanda Sudimack  Artisan Events   wwwartisaneventscom   View more httpstylemeprettycomvaultgallery21860

Venue three
No facility fee. but you must spend at least 225.00 per person. wine starts at 42.00 a bottle and up table number and candles are included.
which would you do?

Re: Is it worth it?

• ViczaesarViczaesar member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2015
    I have no idea.  I don't really understand what you're asking and would need a hell of a lot more information to decide anything.  But aren't you the poster who is having a pre-ceremony cocktail hour?  It sounded like you had all this sorted at that point.

• Viczaesar said:
    I have no idea.  I don't really understand what you're asking and would need a hell of a lot more information to decide anything.  But aren't you the poster who is having a pre-ceremony cocktail hour?  It sounded like you had all this sorted at that point.

yes i am. Is it worth it to bring in your own alcohol or just have everything included at the venue.
  • I don't get venue two... why would you have to spend $15,000 in food and beverages if you're having the ceremony there only?
  • I preferred having tables, chairs, and setup all included with my venue. You will probably save more on alcohol by bringing your own but I don't know if you'll save more overall having to provide chairs and setup separately from the venue. That's something you should price out before signing any contracts. To me option 3 sounds good if you have a small guest list but could add up quickly with a large one. 

If you do choose the first one and bring your own alcohol for wine you will probably please most people with an unoaked chardonnay for white and a cabernet sauvingnon or merlot for red. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For us it was worth it to bring in our own alcohol.   

Your post is confusing me.  What does the $8-10K include in the first option?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    For us it was worth it to bring in our own alcohol.   

Your post is confusing me.  What does the $8-10K include in the first option?

The 8,000.00 is the fee they charge to have just the reception there it is a extra 2000.00 to have the ceremony there as well.

• I don't get venue two... why would you have to spend $15,000 in food and beverages if you're having the ceremony there only?
    Because that's what there rules are. Its a stupid rule,so i am challenging them on that.
  • I don't know where you live but I would look into local laws. In Michigan they recently changed the laws so if you provide alcohol at a venue YOU must purchase insurance for the venue and each of your guests for 2 days (assuming people may be driving after midnight) or you are liable for any problems on the way home.  For us, that made it less worth it to find a venue where we brought in our own liquor.  

I made a spreadsheet to weigh out costs in a clear and easy to view way.  It looked at each factor that a venue either included or didn't and how that factored into a final cost. Until I did that it was easy to get sucked in by what sounded like a good deal.  What I found was that the venue we really wanted which seemed to be not such a great deal was actually comparable or cheaper than the other places we were looking.  And for us, doing something where we brought in our own everything, was not actually significantly cheaper enough to make a difference in our choice.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards