Not Engaged Yet

Faux Friday!

Gooooooooood morning! 

Last night I had dinner with my BFF and it was reeeeally good. I had a delicious black bean burger and a glass of wine and I was home and in bed at 8:30.

I finished the book I was reading which puts me at 32 books read in 2015. I'm quite impressed with myself. 

I should be done work around noon and then I'm going to be lazy at home while I wait for H to get done work. We're going out for sushi and then going to see The Hateful Eight. I will force us both to stay up until the ball drops because I never miss it! 

Tomorrow I'll be grateful to wake up NOT hungover :wink: I'm hoping to talk H into another lazy day like last week. Saturday I have a hair appointment and then a Devils game. Sunday I have no plans at all except to watch the last Eagles game of the season. 

I hope everyone has a terrific last day of 2015 and thank you all for being in my life <3

Re: Faux Friday!

• Your dinner last night sounds very nice, @Swazzle.  Your plans tonight sound great!!

Last night, H cooked us some dinner...  ST Asian Glazed Drumsticks (minus the garlic and sriracha), rice, and frozen mixed veggies.  I ate a little bit, so that was really exciting.

We were going to some friends' house tonight for a NYE party but they flaked out, so I have no clue what we're doing now.  Boring!!

Friday my ILs are coming in town.  We need to clean the house a little bit and make sure everything is ready for them.

I have no idea what we're doing this weekend.  H is taking his little brothers to see Star Wars on Saturday, so I will probably either hang out with his mom, or she'll go to her sister's house and I'll have some quiet time.
  • @CocoBellaF - YUM! I haven't made that recipe before but it's on my list! 

• HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I hope everyone has a wonderful last day of the year and and even better year in 2016. I'm so grateful for all of you and for this community. <3

@Swazzle Fingers crossed for no hangovers! You're amazing for reading all those books this year! I should have kept better track.

@CocoBellaF Flaky friends are the WORST! I hope you still find something fun to do tonight.

I hope today is nice and quiet at work. We got a bunch of massive agreements signed yesterday and I don't think I have any major deals that we're still waiting on at this point. Which means I'll be done at work by 5!! WOOHOO!!!

I'm planning to do a work out around noon. I was going to this morning but I felt so tired and blah. I'm already in my work out clothes and once my morning meetings are finished I can plop myself in front of the TV for some pilates.

After work we have a progressive dinner/NYE party to attend. The first part is from 6-9 and involves apps, alcohol, and a White Elephant gift exchange. I'm bringing a bottle of wine wrapped in a silly Christmas towel because my mom stole the other gift I found (a string of lights shaped like the lamp in A Christmas Story). After the exchange, we go to another house from 9-??? for dinner, more drinks, and to ring in the New Year! I can't wait!

Tomorrow @southernpeach89 and I are meeting @audrewuh cause she is here in Atlanta! We'll have lunch with her and then we'll go home for MORE food. We always have a family dinner of ham, mac n cheese, collard greens, black eyed peas, and rolls.

No plans the rest of the weekend other than I seriously need to get all the Christmas stuff put away.

• @Peaseblossom55 Wow your Christmas presents sound so beautiful and heartfelt!!

• @labro it was so wonderful of him. I hope you have fun tonight. You post reminds me I should take down the Christmas decorations this weekend. 

Anniversary

• Happy New Year's Eve everyone!!!  I love you all and am so grateful you smart, funny, sassy and beautiful ladies are in my life.  You all are seriously THE BEST. 

@Swazzle - You do deserve a pat on the back for all that reading this year.  I feel like I failed at reading this year if it wasn't work related or pregnancy/baby related.  I really should make that a goal for next year.

@cocobellaf - Yeah for eating!  I know it was rough for a while with nauseau but my hunger seems to have returned 10 fold now that I'm in the second trimester.  You'll get there.

@labro - Have fun at your parties you popular lady you!  Please also say hello to @southernpeach89 and @audrewuh from me.  I miss them both.

@peaseblossom55 - Your H spoiled you because you deserve to be spoiled.  ;)  His gifts were awesome.  

----------------------------------
    Well, I'm here but only for a bit.  I pray work leaves me alone today unlike yesterday but I doubt it.  I have an eye appointment in 30 minutes though to get new glasses.  I haven't worn glasses (I wear contacts) in 5 years or so but I figure with the baby coming next year I'll need them for late nights.  I'm blind without contacts and all.  I'll AW the frames I select either today or next year! ;)

Other than that, our garage door is coming today (ours broke so we are replacing up) and our tub is coming too!  I have to finish cleaning up the bathroom today to get ready for demo this weekend too.  So excited!  

Tonight H and I are going to tapas, going to chill at home after and watch the ball drop.  Other than that, it will be a laid back day.

• @Swazzle  still envious of your plans. People never seem to want us to have an alone New Years *scowls*

@CocoBellaF  very lowkey weekend :) Fun!

After Matt picked me up after work, we had to swing by the vet to swap some of Angel's food because they gave us 2 kinds and he's not a fan of new kind. We've decided we're going to continue with wet food from vet, but not dry. Small bag is $38 yeesh!

Anyways, I ended up driving home. On real roads! I have zero clue how big our vehicle is so that made it interesting. I drove all residential roads because I am not cool with main roads yet. I wasn't terrible considering it was my 4th time driving, 2nd time on road.

Bank appt, we're set for house buying next year with him now having RRSP

Tonight is still lowkey, friends coming over. Cards Against Humanity, chilling, etc. New Years Day Matt and I are going to try to meal plan. We want to lower our spending and we feel meal planning will help.

Saturday is dinner at his Nanny's since we didn't see her for xmas. I think I'm going to start the closet cleaning first. I wanted to do locker, but idk. I'm decluttering our entire apt.
  • @minskat30 Yay for the new tub coming I can't wait to see pics of the finished bathroom.

H did spoiled me he also got me chocolates, Just Dance 2016, a massage gift card too. I probably whined at some point that H could not get me the 2015 Godiva bear as they were recalled.  H found one for me!!!! In a Macy's and got them to let him buy it.   I named it Hope, I was so beyond shocked he found one.

Anniversary

• @MissKittyDanger Your description of your 4th time driving ever is giving me actual heart palpitations. I don't know how I survived while my sisters were learning how to drive....

• @labro  I felt it was worse than I thought, but apparently I was pretty good. I'm  not going on main roads until I am more comfortable behind the wheel. Residential roads by my place are really quiet, so it was pretty good place to start. {FYI I am taking driving lessons!}
  • @MissKittydanger Have fun playing CAH, H & I love that game.  We actually played it with his parents, BIL & SIL this past weekend.  They loved it.

Anniversary

• @labro - There can't be a hangover if there's no boozing! Your NYE sounds like a blast and I'm super jealous of your day tomorrow! Give @southernpeach89 and @audrewuh a hug from me!

@Peaseblossom55 - Those gifts are SO sweet! I mean to ask if you've heard of Hungryroot. I recently got an email about it and it sounds delicious. It's all vegetarian (some you can add chicken to if you want but don't have to). It made me think of you!

@minskat30 - I vote for more reading in the new year! You should join Goodreads and be mah frand if you haven't already. 

• @Peaseblossom55  It's actually become a regular thing. Friends of ours have so many expansion packs it's ridiculous lmao It makes you realize how odd people are! We've started timing to see how quickly it gets dark. {current record is 15mins}
  • @MissKittyDangers H I think has all of the expansion packs I believe, we try to play it any time we have a game night with friends.  It got weird pretty quickly with IL's but they enjoyed it. 

@swazzle I never heard of the website before I just looked at it and I'm drooling.   Wow I may need to place an order. thank you.

Anniversary

• labro said:
    AW Alert!!!

I got the 5000 comments badge today!!!
    I just looked to see what I'm up to and I'm over 12k 

• Swazzle said:
    labro said:
    AW Alert!!!

I got the 5000 comments badge today!!!
    I just looked to see what I'm up to and I'm over 12k 

Someday when I grow up I want to be you.

• @labro - I legit can't decide if I should be horrified or proud as hell. 

• @swazzle I would go with proud :-)

Anniversary

• Swazzle said:
    @labro - I legit can't decide if I should be horrified or proud as hell
    sherlock martin freeman you go girl happy excited
  • I officially hate everyone who has off today.

Where are you people???????????

• I don't think I've hit 1000 yet :\
  • I'm just over here, eating mac and cheese.  We transferred over $1750 to our baby savings account today and paid off a $625 A/C bill that we JUST GOT in the mail from this summer.  Woo-hoo!!  
  • I'm currently eating ALL the chocolate because it's just sitting there, next to my desk, staring at me and telling me to eat it. 

I need to get through 38 more minutes. 

• I'm back and still without glasses.  I was in my eye appointment when H called me to tell me he locked himself out of the house while the garage guy was there trying to fix our garage.  I'm going back at 2 for the glasses.  Sigh.
  • edited December 2015
    In my attempt to kill time, I'm browsing Etsy for stuff. Wall decor for home and maybe mugs for bdays or whatever. Found a great one.

Bukowski Mug - Quote Mug - Literary Gift - Literary Mug - Book Quotes - Inspirational Quote Mug - Geekery - Book Lover Gift - Under 20
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards