Chit Chat

You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means

lyndausvilyndausvi mod
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited December 2015 in Chit Chat
I've been working as the hostess at the club all week.    Last night I had this conversation:

Member:  "Lynda, Lynda.   My daughter is coming to the NYE gala.   She is Vegan.  Will there be anything she can eat or can she make a special request?"    (*note it's a special menu with 3 options)

Me:  "Let me check with the kitchen"

Member:  "oh, she does eat fish"

Me: 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: You keep using that word. I don't think it means what you think it means

• FSS has a friend whose step mom is "vegan". I did not know this the first time we went over for a BBQ and and brought a pasta salad with bacon cheese and ranch in it. She proceeded to eat a bowl full while telling me all about her deciding her and the whole family were vegan. It took a lot if effort to not laugh in her face.
  • edited January 2016
    Funny you should mention. I was just thinking, I've noticed that all but two 'vegetarians' I know are actually pescatarians (seafood eaters)!

(ETA words that make sense.)
  • edited January 2016
    Lol!!!! This cracks me up. You should tell her you have a fish filet covered in a lovely cream sauce.

ETF words because I've had a couple of angry orchard ciders

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards