Hawaii

Maui Wedding Vendor Reviews

Hello Ladies!!!

Long overdue vendor reviews below.  Feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions.  I used these boards so much to help in my planning and it was awesome to have a community of helpful brides out there to aid in my planning.

Naomi Levit – Photographer

Finding the perfect photographer was one of the most important parts of wedding planning for me (as I’m sure is with most brides).  I combed over probably every Maui photographer’s website and even considered bringing one from home.   When I came across Naomi I knew I had found the photographer for us.  She was super friendly, fast to respond to my e-mails, and I just got a good vibe from her.  She answered all my random questions quickly and always seemed happy to help.  We had a Skype meeting closer to the wedding date and her insight was very helpful.

The day of our wedding she arrived right on time with her second photographer and got to work right away capturing amazing images of me and my girls and my husband and his groomsmen getting ready.   Naomi has a very calm vibe about her which was welcoming on a bit of a hectic day.   We had SUCH A BLAST taking photos with her.  My husband and I had never taken professional photos together before but she made the whole experience so enjoyable and we felt totally at ease and natural.   

We got a sneak peak of our photos in a week which was amazing and the photos were absolutely incredible that we could not wait to see the full collection.  We received our full collection within 3 weeks of our wedding date and let me tell you – Naomi’s eye is amazing.  She captures moments perfectly and looking through our photos was like reliving the day all over again.   She captured such little details that we didn’t even notice her doing and are so thankful that she was so thoughtful and could pick up on what was really important to us.   We could not be more thrilled with our wedding photos and are beyond happy that we were lucky enough to have Naomi be part of our wedding day.    We will be finding reasons to book Naomi any time we are back on Maui.   

Tropical Maui Weddings / Lori Lawrence – wedding coordinator

Lori & Jamie are probably 2 of the nicest people we have ever met.   It’s not easy planning a wedding from another country, especially when you are a control freak like I am.   Lori was such a calming presence and so helpful along the way.  She works with some incredible vendors and will listen to what you want and offer her suggestions on who would be best based on your budget and your vision.   We met Lori and Jamie at their house a few days before the wedding and we knew as soon as we met them that we couldn’t have made a better selection for our wedding coordinator.    She leant us a local iphone which was beyond helpful to have as Canadians having to pay crazy data roaming fees.   She made sure we were completely prepared for the day, set us up to get our marriage license, and let us borrow some décor to make our wedding day that much more beautiful.  She is a complete expert and has great ideas.   She met us at our ceremony site the day before the wedding to pick out the ceremony location and make sure we knew exactly what was going to happen on the day.   We couldn’t have been happier with Lori and she truly added to our incredible day.  Thank you Lori & Jamie for all that you did for us. 

DJ Dan Viola

DJ Dan…..this guy is the man!!!  First off, he is so incredible responsive and would reply to my e-mails always within the same day if not within a couple of hours……amazing!!  He is the nicest man and I was so happy to have found him to be the DJ and MC for our wedding.  We asked him to do a very unique into for our bridal party and he totally nailed it.   I can’t say enough good things about Dan.  He had suggestions and solutions to everything that we asked of him.   I would love to plan another party on Maui just so I could hire Dan again.  He was the perfect addition to our wedding reception.  Thank you Dan!

Mulligan’s on the Blue – Reception Location

Mulligan’s was a bit of a life saver for us.   We lost our reception venue less than 2 months out from our wedding.  We found Mulligan’s on the Blue and thanked our lucky stars.  Julie was amazing to work with.  We chatted on the phone for hours making sure everything was going to be just perfect.   We bought out the entire restaurant and had the best time ever.  We wanted to have a party and didn’t want the night to end at 10 pm.  We had Mulligan’s until 1 am and danced the night away.    Food was excellent, especially the tenderloin and tiramisu.   They made it super easy on us and we are so happy to have had our wedding there.  

Rev. Laki Pomaikai Kaahumanu – Officiant

We wanted an officiant to marry us who really screamed Maui.   When our wedding coordinator sent us Rev Laki as an option we knew we had found the person we wanted to marry us.   Laki was absolutely perfect 95% of the time.   He had everyone laughing and having a great time which matches our personalities perfectly.   It also helped to laugh so that I wouldn’t be doing the ugly cry the entire ceremony.   All of our family and friends totally loved him.  The only issue we had with him was that he took a few too many liberties with what we wanted in the ceremony.  He changed the ending of our ceremony from what we had planned out and we had to get everyone to sit back down again and he was trying to get my husband to stand on the wrong side than what we had planned out.   It all worked out in the end but caused a little unneeded stress during the ceremony.  All and all we were super happy to have him marry us though.  Just be prepared to be flexible if you choose to go with Laki. 

MeiLi Autumn – Makeup Artist

MeiLi is amazing!!!!! I don’t wear much makeup at all so I always get a little nervous getting my makeup done.  I didn’t do a trial beforehand and booked MeiLi off of my coordinator’s recommendation and am I ever glad I did.  She did the makeup for my mom, sister and myself and she made us all look absolutely incredible.  I loved my makeup so much.  I never felt like I was wearing much makeup and I felt so gorgeous.   She has an awesome vibe about her and totally fit in with all of us getting ready.   

Fabulous Florals Maui -

I did very minimal flowers  - only a bouquet for myself and a boutonniere for my husband.   I was very happy with our flowers.  My husband was actually pickier than I was and his boutonniere was perfect.    An excellent choice for flowers. 

Re: Maui Wedding Vendor Reviews

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards