Wedding Reception Forum
Options

who do I rent my linens, china etc. from?

I hope someone can help me with this!

Here's my situation: In order to have my wedding on the day I wanted to have it, I had to go in with the bride getting married at the venue the day before me on rentals such as the tent, tables, chairs, dance floor, etc. The two of us and the rental company have agreed to share a bill for those bigger items, and each have a separate bill for the smaller items like linens, china, glassware, etc, so that we can customize.

Now, my caterer can also provide those smaller items. I'm sure pricing will be an issue as well, but is there a convenience factor to renting from the rental company over the caterer, or vice versa? Does it make more sense for the caterer to handle that so they can just clean it all up and take it away with them?

Re: who do I rent my linens, china etc. from?

• Options
    If I were you, I'd go with the convenience of the caterer. One less vendor to manage = that much less stress. 

• Options
    lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    I would price them out to figure out what is the better option.  Make sure you are comparing apples-to-apples.

For example, does the rental place require you to wash the plates?  If they don't, is there a fee for dirty plates?   Drop-off/pickup charges?

Is the caterer charging you more for the plates than the rental place?

We had a caterer, but rented everything from the same place we rented the tent, tables, chairs, etc.   We had to deal with the 2 vendors anyway.   The rental place was the better deal and convenience wise it made no difference. The caterers still stacked plates and glasses back in the racks.  There was no additional fee for cleaning.

Sometimes caterers will have to rent plates and pass on the costs + additional fees.   

Again, it just depends.     You already have to deal with 2 vendors, so just run the numbers.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I agree with Lynda.  In the end you are going to have to deal with 2 vendors so just price them out and go with the one that is the cheapest/most convenient.

• Options
    Oh, good advice above. Reading comprehension fail; I was thinking that you wouldn't deal with the big-stuff company because the bride before you was getting everything in. Derp! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards