Knottie Tech Help

Unauthorized Replies on RSVP Page

Hi,

I'm wondering if there is a way to prevent RSVPs from people who are not invited to the wedding. My dad and I were doing test runs of the RSVP feature and we were able to reply with names that did match those on my guest list. Is there a way to prevent this? I have RSVPed to weddings in the past on sites like Wedding Wire and you were not able to RSVP unless your name was on the guest list. 

Alternatively, perhaps there is a way to only secure the RSVP section of the website?

I have been very happy with my wedding website thus far, but I really do not want to go through the problem of dealing with RSVPs from people who are not invited. 

Re: Unauthorized Replies on RSVP Page

• I'm having the exact same problem and would love some help on this issue.
  • Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! There is not currently a way to allow only guests on the guest list to RSVP, or to allow guests to search for themselves. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. We really value your feedback and I will be sure to let our team know this is something you'd like to see. 

You can add a PIN to your website, so that only guests with your PIN can access your site and RSVP. You can do this by entering Dashboard, clicking "Settings," turning "Set guest PIN" on, and entering a PIN. 

Thank you! 
  • edited January 2016
    Do you know if anyone is working on this and when it would be possibly released?

Even with the suggestions, the current RSVP function is flawed. Even if a person is invited and accesses using a pin, they can RSVP using a nickname and that would create another guest on the list.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards