Wedding Ceremony & Reception Music Discussions

father daughter dance songs

Hi all! I am looking for good father daughter dance songs that are unique. We are having a rustic barn wedding and the theme will be mostly country music. I had an idea for Fly by Maddie and Tae but not sure if the meaning will cross over. My mom passed away when I was a teen and I have always felt like from that hard time in my life my dad has always pushed me and taught me to fly on my own no matter what tries to stop me. So I thought it was appropriate. Any thoughts/suggestions? 

Re: father daughter dance songs

• Sure - use Fly.  Sounds great for you two.  

• Hi all! I am looking for good father daughter dance songs that are unique. We are having a rustic barn wedding and the theme will be mostly country music. I had an idea for Fly by Maddie and Tae but not sure if the meaning will cross over. My mom passed away when I was a teen and I have always felt like from that hard time in my life my dad has always pushed me and taught me to fly on my own no matter what tries to stop me. So I thought it was appropriate. Any thoughts/suggestions? 
    As long as it means something to you & your dad, that's what's important. It's fine if others don't understand the meaning. To be honest, I can't remember the father-daughter dance song from any wedding I've ever been to. If it's special to you, go for it. 
    --

• I attended a wedding few years back and they used "Always On Your Side" by Cheryl Crow & Sting.  I don't know the lyrics to that song but did think it was sweet.
  • As a little girl my dad always sang James Taylor's "Sweet Baby James" to me as a lullaby (he used to change the lyrics to be my name, though). 

I told my mom that I want it to be my father-daughter dance, and she just laughed and said "Oh no, both you and your dad are going to be bawling!" Yup. But I can't imagine a more fitting song for us. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I think Fly is a great song. Especially that is has meaning to you. 

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards