Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon or not?

My brother and his fiancee are having a destination wedding a month after our wedding. Do we make that our honeymoon or do we do something different that's unrelated to their wedding for our honeymoon?

Re: Honeymoon or not?

• Options
    FutureG said:
    My brother and his fiancee are having a destination wedding a month after our wedding. Do we make that our honeymoon or do we do something different that's unrelated to their wedding for our honeymoon?
    It's up to you two.  There could be a lot of factors that you need to consider.  Funds, vacation time, and if you would be up to so much traveling in a short time.

If this were me, I would try to make this DW into my honeymoon.  But I would go to a different resort at the destination after the wedding so that you can have fun without potentially seeing any relatives.  Some people are fine to honeymoon with relatives or their kids, but I personally would want to have my honeymoon without anyone I know around.  I feel the honeymoon is time to unwind after all the wedding craziness with your new spouse.
  • Options
    This is 100% your decision to make.  It depends on what you want and what you can afford.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    This isn't something anyone can answer for you.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    I like @OliveOilsMom's idea. My fiance and I are planning on taking our own honeymoon, but probably a very short and inexpensive one (like a weekend camping trip). His brother is having a destination wedding a month before our one year anniversary. I am hoping we can go celebrate FBIL's wedding, and also take some "us" time and make it a bit of the exotic vacation we can't currently make time / have the savings for. I don't get the sense from the PPs responses that this "two birds with one stone" approach is rude or lame, or whatever else the concern may be. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Would you be able to time it so you have a few days alone before the rest of your family arrives? I'd try to do this: if the wedding was on a Saturday, I would make sure my honeymoon started the Saturday prior (or even earlier, if I could afford it), so I had more of a traditional honeymoon away from my family. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards