Wedding Photography and Videography Forum
Options

Engagement Photos

Hi all, 

So the Fiance and I will be doing engagement photos next month. The e-session is part of our package so it's already 'paid for'so to speak. But I'm just wondering if we should still give the photographer some amount of money (essentially a tip) after the session? If so, how much would make sense?

Part of me thinks yes, as it shows our appreciation and thanks. 
Part of me thinks no, because the fee is built into our package and isn't really a separate purchase (if that makes sense). 

So what say you?

Re: Engagement Photos

• Options
    My daughter and her husband didn't tip the photographer until after they received the wedding album. They also had an e-session included in their package. The rational was not to tip until the work was complete since the tip was based on the package total.

• Options
    I had the same concern a few months ago, with a free engagement session in my package, and the popular answer was tip after you see your pictures.  Engagement and wedding both.

• Options
    Awesome thanks for the responses. Makes sense to wait until the end products have been received. 
  • Options
    ajones25ajones25 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2016
    Perhaps what would be even better is to offer to give your photographer a good review on Yelp or the Knot or WeddingWire. This isn't a cheap thing either- us photographers SO appreciate any kind words to help our business!

My husband and I only tipped our photographer because she went above and beyond for us (adding on a couple extra hours for free). If you feel your photographer is going above and beyond for you, I know any photographer so appreciates a tip- but by no means expects one.
  • Options
    completely agree with ajones. i have never expected a tip but always appreciate a genuine heartfelt review:)  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards