Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP Deadline

All of my RSVPs are due to come back Monday, January 18th.  As of today, there are still 52 RSVPs we have not received, so I think it is safe to say we will probably not receive all of them by the 18th of the month.  How do you handle this when the time comes?  Do you make calls to the people that still have not sent in their responses? I would think to wait it out about a week after....but just was curious how others handled this situation.
Thanks in advance for any advice!  

Re: RSVP Deadline

• You may still get most of them back. If you don't hear from some invitees after a day or two past deadline, call them or email them to politely ask if they received the invitation (yes invites get lost - I know from personal experience) and if they are coming or not since  you need their meal choice for the caterer.

• JCocco219 said:
    All of my RSVPs are due to come back Monday, January 18th.  As of today, there are still 52 RSVPs we have not received, so I think it is safe to say we will probably not receive all of them by the 18th of the month.  How do you handle this when the time comes?  Do you make calls to the people that still have not sent in their responses? I would think to wait it out about a week after....but just was curious how others handled this situation.
    Thanks in advance for any advice!  
    Some people will wait to put the RSVP into the mailbox on the 18th, so you still might get some even after your due date.  On the 20th or so (allowing for post-holiday mail to arrive) you can start calling folks.  Let your FI call his side, you call yours.  If some of the guests were requests by your parents, let them make the phonecall.  If you don't get a hold of anyone, leave a voicemail that says, "we need to know by the 27th (or whatever) if you're coming, or we'll have to put you down as a No."  That means people can't just put you off indefinitely.
  • You may still get most of them back. If you don't hear from some invitees after a day or two past deadline, call them or email them to politely ask if they received the invitation (yes invites get lost - I know from personal experience) and if they are coming or not since  you need their meal choice for the caterer.

Definitely this.  I was in the OP's shoes, and I swear over half of our RSVP's came in within 2 days (before/after) of our RSVP date.
  • Perfect, thanks everyone! I am not totally stressed, I have a feeling I will get a lot back this week, was just curious what to do for the ones I don't.

• Also, not sure where you are, but in the US Monday is a holiday. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards