New Jersey
Options

New Here - Saying Hello

edited January 2016 in New Jersey
Hi everyone.  I'm not so newly engaged but new to this site.  My sister said it was great for her back when she got married 10 years ago so I'd figure I'd join.  I'm getting married May of 2017.  We are finalizing a location in the next month.  The only thing I do know is who my DJ is going to be because I'm using the same one as my sister.  He was amazing at her wedding and at the 3 or 4 other weddings I've been to after that.  Once I have a place ironed out I'll book him  I don't know where to start on the other vendors.  When my sister got married all her vendors were starting out and now they seem incredibly expensive.  My budget can't afford them. How do you all find your vendors?

Re: New Here - Saying Hello

• Options
    Welcome, congrats, and happy planning!

When planning my wedding, I asked for recommendations, including asking here and providing my budget for each vendor.  There were some things we splurged on, like photography because photos last forever.

What is your budget for your other vendors?  There are plenty of brides here who can help!

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    JoanE2012JoanE2012 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    Welcome!  I found vendors by recommendations here.  We used a florist that our venue had recommended (though we did meet with them to make sure they could do what we wanted within our budget).  I went to a bridal show, but didn't use anyone there.  I found most really good vendors get their business by word of mouth, not by advertising at a show.  As ohmrs2014 mentioned, feel free to ask the questions here - just make sure to post the area you're looking in as well as your budget.  Good luck and happy planning!

ETA - Consider changing your username - you'll become more recognizable and not just another user in knottienumbers land!
  • Options
    how do you change your user name?
  • Options
    how do you change your user name?
    Try going to Account Settings - I think you can change your user name there.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards