Wedding Invitations & Paper
Options

Invitation wording check, please!

Hi, knotties!  We will be printing our invitations at home to be mailed out in the next two weeks.  I need to ensure I am following etiquette with the wording.  We are hosting and will not be married or having the reception in a house of worship.

The pleasure of your company is requested

at the marriage of

Jazzykins87 Anna Hall

to

JazzyFi Mister Mann

Saturday, the twenty-sixth of March

two thousand and sixteen

at five o'clock in the evening

Location name

Location address

City, ST

It will be a dinner only, dry, adult wedding.  There will be no dancing.  I am getting different opinions about if any of that reception information should be included at all.  Should I add "Dinner reception to follow" or something along those lines?  The reception will be in the same location as the ceremony.

We are using an invitation kit that only includes the invite and the RSVP.  Not sure about inserts and all of that; if that is suggested, please give an explanation on how to go about utilizing those since they are not included in what we have.  TIA!

Re: Invitation wording check, please!

• Options
    You don't need to include "in the evening" because 1) 5 isn't technically the evening and 2) hopefully everyone will realize that you aren't getting married at 5am.  Also delete "and" in the year.  So it should be two thousand sixteen.  Other then that it looks good.

Since your ceremony is at the same location at your reception, at the bottom of your invite put "Reception to follow."

Typically it is a no-no to include info about your reception.  So if you want people to know that it isn't a typical reception you could always spread that it is just a dinner via word of mouth.  So if you are talking to someone about your wedding you can say "I am looking forward to our reception.  It is going to be pretty laid back with a dinner and non-alcoholic beverages."

• Options
    If the ceremony is in a house of worship, you said say "the honor of you presence" instead of "pleasure of your company". I thought the reception might be in a fellowship hall at a church, so just want to make sure. Otherwise, I agree with @Maggie0829.
  • Options
    Thank you both!  
  • Options
    CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016

The pleasure of your company is requested

at the marriage of

Jazzykins87 Anna Hall

and

JazzyFi Mister Mann

Saturday, the twenty-sixth of March

two thousand sixteen

at five o'clock

Location name

Location address

City, State (written out in full)

httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Options
    Thank you, everyone! I will be printing week and following these suggestions. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards