Favors
Options

Add Extras or No?

Happy Friday! Our venue is absolutely amazing. They do everything for you. The in-house florist creates the centerpieces which are used during the ceremony and reception. Then, 30 minutes before the end of the wedding. They take them away and actually make these gorgeous mini bouquets as wedding favors. It blows my mind that they are able to do this. Anyway, my question is should I get something else to go along with the bouquets? I don't have a ton of money to spend so it would have to be something small but do you think the bouquets are enough or should I get something else as well? Thanks! 

Re: Add Extras or No?

• Options
    jacques27jacques27 member
    First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    Favors are never required. So if they aren't in your budget, that's perfectly fine.

As an aside, while I'm sure they are pretty, I wouldn't be jazzed about taking home a mini bouquet, especially if I were traveling or decided to stay at a hotel overnight. I'd likely end up crushing it at some point or just leave it in my hotel room when I check out on the morning. Since the venue is doing it for you as part of your package, go ahead. If it were costing extra, I would say skip that and do edible or nothing at all. But as it is, it's fine.
  • Options
    I agree with Jacques. You don't need favors, and if you don't have the money to spend, just skip them, but a little bouquet of flowers doesn't really interest me to take home. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    km674394 said:
    Happy Friday! Our venue is absolutely amazing. They do everything for you. The in-house florist creates the centerpieces which are used during the ceremony and reception. Then, 30 minutes before the end of the wedding. They take them away and actually make these gorgeous mini bouquets as wedding favors. It blows my mind that they are able to do this. Anyway, my question is should I get something else to go along with the bouquets? I don't have a ton of money to spend so it would have to be something small but do you think the bouquets are enough or should I get something else as well? Thanks! 
    As the others have said, favors are not really necessary, so if it is not in your budget, you are fine to skip them altogether.  However, not every guest remains at the reception until the very end.  Are you OK with the thought that some guests will be gone before these favors are available?
  • Options
    I think the little boquets are a cute idea. And if you don't have to pay any extra I don't think it matters if not everyone likes them or some people leave early. Favors aren't required so oh well!
  • Options
    km674394 said:
    I have a hard time believing the florist is going to come back hours after the initial drop off and create all of these mini bouquets and not charge for it, either in the overall floral budget or as an extra.  

I'd instead see if you can skip that and take that money towards edible favors.  I (and especially my husband!) would enjoy something edible (like chocolate!) much more.  If you can't then leave it as - you don't need to do anything extra.
  • Options
    SP29SP29 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    Favours not required, so I wouldn't worry about it.

I think the flowers are fine, if it's going to be included anyway. Some people may take (such as your local guests), others won't. 

Generally edible favours go over better, but I would also rather see that favour money put into something at the reception like food or drink. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards