Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Late Oct Wedding, too chilly for sunset outdoor ceremony?

Hi all,

Looking to do a sunset ceremony in an ourdoor gazebo setting, at 5:30 or so. Sunset is at 5:55 supposedly. I'm thinking of October 23.

I hear early October is really nice, but that late October can be chilly. I also hear you can't really go based on previous years - the temp will vary. Is this true? Do you have experience being in Vegas in the evening in late October?

I'm worried about guests being cold in their seats, or it being cold to do outdoor photography.

What do you think? I want this date for a variety of reason. I find the indoor chapels less nice looking.

Thank you..!!!

Re: Late Oct Wedding, too chilly for sunset outdoor ceremony?

• Options
    I think you'd be okay.  As long as it wraps up by right after sun down, you'd probably see temps in the low 70's.  Even if it's unusually cold though, with temps in the low 70's, most people would be wearing something that would also be fine in 60's for a short period of time.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    We just got married November 12th. Our ceremony and reception were all outside and lasted from 3 pm to 7pm.  We told our guests to bring a sweater or coat but everyone was comfortable and we had no complaints.  It only started to get chilly after the sun was gone.  It was kind of nice having cooler weather because it keeps you more comfortable when you start to get sweaty from nerves or a heavy dress/suit.  Just keep in mind, if it says the sunset is at 5:55, that means the sun will be ALL the way down at 5:55. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards