California-Bay Area

Redwood Forest Wedding Venue w/ Accommodations?

Knottie1439442691Knottie1439442691 San Francisco, CA
First Comment
edited January 2016 in California-Bay Area
My fiance is British, so we discovered choosing a wedding location is a challenge with our families on different continents. We decided upon California for its perfect weather and since we live here (yet have very little family here).

My dream wedding was always for a castle or a waterfall, both of which are challenging venue options for California, so the California redwoods seemed perfect!

We're hoping to have our ceremony and reception both outdoors in the redwoods, and ideally, we'd like be able to spend the night at the site as well. Since our families are coming from far away, we are thinking of staying over for 3 nights. We'd self-cater for most of the meals, and bring in a caterer for our reception. We'd also like to BYOB to save on money. 

Of course finding a venue that meets all the requirements is a difficult challenge. We're willing to compromise on some of these points, but marrying under the redwood trees is a must for us. We're also looking to marry on a Monday -  July 25, 2016 as it's the anniversary of the day we met and of our engagement too. The date is proving challenging too since a lot of the summer camp-type locations only have weekend weddings.

Does anyone have any recommendations for beautiful redwood venues? We were looking to rent a house on Airbnb or Homeaway, but that option is looking extremely difficult and costly. Our wedding will likely include about 50 guests and this is a budget wedding. We're open to most places in California, unfortunately, except for places too remote like Humboldt or Yosemite as it's too far away for guests that are flying in.

Thank you so much for any recommendations! I really appreciate any help! I'm feeling the stress with 6 months to go and no venue booked.

Re: Redwood Forest Wedding Venue w/ Accommodations?

• I got married at Precious Forest. It's outdoors,  in a forest (I don't think it's redwoods, though), includes lodging for 30 people, and I just checked and your date is available. I highly recommend them! The owner is amazing, it's very budget friendly for what you're getting, you can BYOB and choose any caterer you'd like. Definitely go with the on site catering from Ken, though, the food was delicious and again,  budget friendly. The website is http://www.preciousforest.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards