Rhode Island
Options

Friday Night Wedding

Hi,
My fiancé and I decided to have a friday wedding, and we still want a ceremony in the church. I have never been to a wedding on a friday, just wondering if anyone who got married on a friday could give me some feedback on the timeline of events, time of ceremony, etc. I am thinking of the ceremony at 3pm at the church, cocktail hour to begin at 6 at our venue ? didn't know if anyone had any tips.

FYI.. please don't reply with negative posts about the inconvenience of a friday night wedding. 

Re: Friday Night Wedding

• Options
    If you're having a 3 pm ceremony at a church then, depending on travel time, your cocktail hour should start immediately after (most likely around 4).
    Expect a lot of declines if you're going to have a 3 pm ceremony on a Friday AND a gap. You're not considering your guests at all.
    Is there anyway you can have a later ceremony start time at the church, say 6 pm? Then your cocktail hour can begin at 7, dinner served at 8, reception end time at 11.
    My brother had a Friday night wedding.  The ceremony started at 5, but was at the same place as the reception venue, so while I had to take a half day off of work, it wasn't horribly inconvenient.
    If you can't get a later ceremony start time at the church, then you'll need to budge on your vision.  Have the ceremony at the reception venue.  Gaps are rude and avoidable. 
  • Options
    I also re to your prior post last year about a Friday night wedding.  You said you were planning a Castle Hill inn wedding for a Friday near 4th of July.  Have you booked this venue already?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards