Not Engaged Yet

Monday is an asshole

Re: Monday is an asshole

• Blargh, I'm on the cranky train too now.

BF doesn't get to come see me when I'm in Europe in March for a conference.  We had been hoping he would be able to use some of his leave, but apparently they've decided he's indispensable and so now we're going to go another 6 months without seeing each other.  :-1: 

Also apparently nobody is ever emailing him back about potential jobs in the States, so he's cranky and therefore I'm cranky.  Maybe more coffee would help.
  • @AlPacina Yep, exactly half and half. The test went back all the way to her great grandparents, and they were all purebred. One side was all chihuahua and the other was all pittie. I did some research, and based on the litter size (she was surrendered at a shelter with her 2 brothers), I believe the mom was a chihuahua and the dad was a pittie. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @alpacina between the fall and shoveling a million pounds of snow I'm sore but I'll be okay. Thanks for asking! I am jealous of your fun Saturday!
  • @AlPacina - It sounds like you had an incredible weekend! I'm so jealous of Book of Mormon. I'm dying to see it but it's SO expensive here :cry: 

• @eilis1228 - *cringe* Her poor tiny doggy lady bits!

@swazzle - I just looked up the NYC prices and I didn't realize it was still so expensive after running for this many years! Are most shows that expensive, or is BoM a special case because it's so particularly awesome (and award-winning)? Honestly, I think it's worth the price. How much is 2.5 hours of non-stop laughter worth to you?

• @AlPacina most shows are that expensive

@swazzle remember that website I sent you for movie tickets? Look up theatre, you're welcome.
  • I love you folks for entertaining me this mid-afternoon. H is still asleep (3 weeks after the accident) but his pneumonia seems to be doing better and we are working on getting his heart rate and fevers back to normal. Sounds like he might be headed to inpatient rehab (with me as his caregiver) this week or next. Did you know you can go to rehab even if you're still asleep? I did not.  The more you know. And yes of course he is certainly allowed to wake up before then :) anytime now, H, anytime.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @AlPacina - You know what... 

I've been dying to see it for SO LONG. Seeing as I'm not taking any major/expensive vacations for the next 7 months and I'll be making a motherfucking killing in overtime, my goal for this week is to buy tickets. 

@speakeasy14 - ZOMG. Going to search now! 

• @blue & White if they're moving him to rehab that must be a good sign! Keeping you in my thoughts constantly and hoping he'll wake up soon. 
  • @Blue & White Continuing vibes and prayers for you and your H! It sounds like your H is doing well if they are moving him to inpatiant rehab! I hope he wakes up soon!

• Guys, kind of a conundrum I could use some input on.

H's friend's brother (the friend was a groomsman in our wedding) had his house burn down over the weekend. It was a total loss. They made it out with their lives and the clothes on their backs. That was it. They're staying with family right now....but what can we do to help them out? H and I have extras of things we can give them for whenever they get a place to live again, stuff like pots and pans, kitchen items, a bed frame, blankets, etc. But I'm certain they had homeowners insurance and they'll get some sort of total loss compensation at some point as well and they'll be able to rebuild items accumulated. What are some of the best things to help out right now? I'm trying to avoid a spend a ton of money type of solution right now, at least until I talk to H and see how he feels. But I also don't want to dump a bunch of stuff on them when they realistically don't have anywhere to keep it. But I also want to show some kind of support.

• @blue&white - Thinking of you guys.  I hope your H wakes up soon.  I've said it before but I'll say it again, I think you are doing an amazing job holding up with this stress.  Hugs.
  • @speakeasy14 - You are beautiful! Glad the Invisalign has worked so well for you. I've been thinking of looking into it myself.
    @AlPacina - Thanks for the supportive words. I'm definitely a planner so once I get myself organized I know I'll feel much better. Unfortunately, I had to schedule the meeting for 8 a.m., but if I bring doughnuts then that should get me some points, right?!
    @Blue&White - Prayers sent your way. Every little bit of positive change is good news that you should hold on to!

• @Blue&White moving him sounds like good news! Hoping he wakes soon!

@labro maybe advise them you have stuff for them once they find a place? At least if they went through it and knew you guys had stuff, it would relieve a lot of stress. That's terrifying but glad they're okay!
  • Blue & White - All the hugs and vibes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• @labro - Things that are big around here after tornadoes are:  food (bring dinner over for everyone) and clothes/toiletries.  I don't know if that would be helpful.
  • I'm testing out potentially hyphenating my last name on social media. I have a few months, but idk. I've spent 28yrs with one and I can't justify just dropping it.

Who did/will change their last name? {hyphenating or fulling changing}
    Why/why not?
  • @labro groceries or freezer meals? Do they have kids? If they do maybe a few books and board games to keep them busy through the transition would probably be very helpful.
  • speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    @labro supermarket giftcards, so they can go shopping once they have a place to put it.  Offer a place to stay if you have spare beds?  Winter coats? At work whenever this happens we set up a donation box and get clothing and shoe sizes of the family. 

@beachyone15 they're way better than metal braces.  I was uncomfortable for the first two weeks, and they haven't bothered me since.  I started in July, so needed them for under a year. 
  • @Swazzle Your menu reminded me that I made mac n cheese (blue box) on Saturday and ate it with leftover pulled pork. It was SO GOOD that way. I would have never thought of that idea but someone here posted it (I forget who). 

• @MissKittyDanger - I changed my name. Always knew I would though. You should do whatever feels right for you, but I don't think I'd ever personally hyphenate my name. That just sounds like a PITA.

• @beachyone15 I LOVE the blue!

• @eilis1228 - I'm a little jealous. If I ever got a pure-bred puppy, it would be an American Staffordshire Terrier. I love them so much! We sent in Fritz's kit, so we'll see in a couple weeks what he is.

@futuremrshistorian - That stinks about having to wait even longer to see each other!

@misskittydanger - I changed my last name. My maiden name was VERY common (Miller) and I had often gotten mix-ups for appointments, etc because of the common name. Even though I was very happy to change my name, it was emotionally much harder than I thought. My identity was wrapped up in my name (especially since I had it for 36 years!). I do not regret changing my name at all, but was surprised by the grieving process I had for my old name. I originally was going to make my maiden my middle, but decided to cut the cord altogether and kept my middle name.

@speakeasy14 - I didn't learn to ski until I was 33. I had been twice prior and neither of those had gone well. But when I went a few years ago, I picked it up and it was pretty fun. I definitely stuck to the bunny slopes the first couple times. I would definitely do a half day of instruction. It will be SO worth it. And don't feel bullied into going down runs that you're not ready for yet. I made that mistake and it was very upsetting. HAVE FUN! (cc: @alpacina)

-------

I saw a plow in the back alley so I ran to put on snow stuff and get out there. We back up to the church rectory (where all the pastors live) and he was out there. We got to talking about how the city dumped snow in our driveway, and he graciously got the guys to do our area, too. They literally have to pick it up and put it into dump trucks and haul it away. I was out there for two hours but have a call at 2p, so I send DH out there to supervise. He wasn't happy about it but whatever, it saves us from having to shovel for the next three weeks straight!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Thanks, @wink0erin! H and I weren't sure about it at first (it was a brighter blue than we were anticipating) but it's really kind of grown on us!

• @swazzle -

Hopefully it will help your mood that you are now my personal hero for the day!! ;) I spent a ton on that day going to see If/Then and I didn't regret it one bit! And Book of Mormon is way better than that show. I promise it REALLY IS as good as everyone says.

@Blue & White - I am relieved to hear about the progress your H is making. I'm sending you some internet hugs as you continue going through this.

• @labro That happened to a friend of ours last summer, and we gave him a Walmart gift card so they could get food, clothes, or any other essentials they'd need until the insurance kicked in. You could also do a restaurant gift card in case they aren't able to cook at the hotel or wherever they're staying.

@blue&white I'm sending you ALL the vibes! It sounds promising that they're moving him to rehab! 

Ugh, you guys, I'm going to punch someone at USAA in the face. I'm so beyond frustrated with them. When we closed our accounts at Wells Fargo, WF would only give us a cashier's check with all our money. They wouldn't do a wire transfer or anything electronic. When we try to deposit it at USAA, we keep getting error messages. Every rep I talk to at USAA has told me something different. The first one said nothing was wrong and I should try again a different day. Cool, I waited until today and tried. Same error. The second rep. said it was because the check amount was too high. Cool, I went back to WF and had them break it up into 2 checks. It was a pain in the ass, but they did it. Still wouldn't deposit. Now USAA is telling me that because I'm the remitter and the check is made to me and endorsed by me, it can't be deposited at a UPS location (which is where they allow physical banking since they have no physical locations). They told me that we have to mail it in. Furthermore, they said H can't do it since he's listed as an account holder on the WF account... but I'm going to have him try tomorrow anyway. The old account is still in my maiden name, and the USAA account is in my new name, and it still won't work. WTF. I really really really don't want to mail these checks in, even if it's certified mail. UGH. 

• Thanks guys! I did mention they ARE staying with family at least so thank goodness for small wonders. They don't have to worry about hotel costs or being unable to cook. I wish I knew more. I've only met the brother once and it was two years ago, I don't even know if he's married or dating or has kids or anything. Definitely need to talk more with H this evening but it's nice to be able to come in with ideas to help.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards