Not Engaged Yet
Options

Monday is an asshole

124»

Re: Monday is an asshole

• Options
    @eilis1228 That just shows how stupid "pit bull" rules are. There are tons of breeds that look like what people think pit bulls look like, and there are pit bulls that look nothing like their stereotype. I had a 100lb dog that was a pit bull mixed with lab and she was super sweet, a little territorial and protective, but sweet. I also had a 10lb dog with an ex that was a pit bull mixed with dachshund and chihuahua who was the cuddliest dog ever and never barked. There's so much variety that it's a crap rule and I wish buildings and towns would quit discriminating against dog types. Oh, and Zoey is stinkin cute.

• Options
    @beachyone15  I debated it long before we got married and I'm glad our honeymoon isn't until February because it gave me extra time to decide.

@cu97tiger we share a last name!! Ha ha ... honestly, I couldn't just drop my maiden name. I've been debating either keep it or hyphenate and I'm kind of leaning towards hyphenating.
  • Options
    @AlPacina - I think I'm to suggest to H that we go see it for our anniversary in a couple months since we likely won't be able to go anywhere due to my work situation. PLUS he's on my shitlist today so I will probably bring it up tonight when I know I'll be more likely to sway him :wink: 

@wink0erin - LOL I tried to flop down into the giant pile of snow in my front yard yesterday and I didn't 'flop' as much as I expected. It was so disappointing. 

• Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2016
    @eilis1228 I don't understand. Does the USAA mobile deposit not work for this situation?

ETA: When I closed my account with Suntrust (years ago), they gave me a check. This was before the days of all the convenient mobile stuff. I mailed it in, it deposited, no issue. I've mailed in I don't know how many checks to USAA without ever having any problem at all. If it's a huge concern, I would send it in via certified mail or something if for some reason the mobile deposit isn't an option. I'm sorry you're having issue with their CS. This sounds very very out of character for them. I seriously have never had even a moment of unhappiness with their service.

• Options
    @eilis1228 - What a bureaucratic mess!  I hope you are able to sort it out soon!

@wink0erin - I think it is very sweet of you to pick up birdseed.  :)

@MissKittyDanger - My maiden name was very unique (at least in America) and VERY hard to try to figure out how to say correctly.  My married name is almost equally atrocious.  I thought about hyphenating my name ... just to mess with people.  ;)  I ended up moving my maiden name to a middle name and took H's name because it was just easier for future kiddos. 
  • Options
    @minskat30  That makes sense. We had the convo about kid last names, and we agreed his last name rather than hyphenating.
  • Options
    @labro I'm really surprised by the different customer services responses I've gotten from them too. I've only heard amazing things about their customer service, so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and say this is a fluke. We didn't try the mobile deposit because H didn't think you could do cashier's checks via mobile, but I just looked it up, and the website says that's fine... lol should have looked at it myself this weekend. I can't do mobile deposit because my personal checking account has not been open for 30 days. I've tried depositing it via mobile into our joint checking, which has been open for about 2 months, but it won't let me. H is going to try tonight. I'm not holding my breath though because the rep told me the reason the check won't deposit is because it's from a non-USAA account for which I, an account holder, have signature authority. Even though the non-USAA account is in my maiden name and my USAA account is in my married name. H is on that account too, so he'll probably run into the same issue... but I'm the one listed on the check as the remitter, so maybe it will work? He'll try to deposit it tonight via mobile (he opened an account there before we got married, so he doesn't have the 30-day issue) and tomorrow at UPS. I tried to link the accounts electronically through USAA's website last week so we could transfer everything that way, but I kept running into errors. It's just an annoying mess. If we have to, we'll mail the checks via certified mail. If the amount weren't so large (it's all of our savings), then I wouldn't be as nervous. I'm sure it will be fine, I'm just annoyed and frustrated that we don't have any other options and weren't told we don't have any other options until after we attempted this deposit three times and had to go back to Wells Fargo and have them divvy up the check. If they had told me to mail it in from the beginning, I'd be a lot less frustrated.

@wink0erin I agree! Wholeheartedly! Honestly, every pit bull I've ever met has been super sweet. Any dog can be aggressive if it's taught to be aggressive. Hell, most of the chihuahuas I've met have been little aggressive assholes, yet they're deemed OK and pit bulls aren't. Makes no sense since it clearly varies from dog to dog. Zoey has only barked a handful of times, and she's very social and sweet. I hate that we have to lie on official forms because of a lame prejudice against a dog breed, but whatever. Luckily she looks like a Jack Russell, so we'll just pass her off as that. Some apartment complexes do DNA tests on all residents' dogs, so we're lucky that our complex just takes our word for it. She's actually listed as a corgi on the lease because that's how she was listed on Petfinder. LOL

@minskat30 Bureaucratic red tape is one of the most frustrating things in the world. It's why we can't deposit our money, and I guarantee you it's why H got an interview for a job he applied to last summer... the department likely ran into issues with the job opening after the job was posted. That particular company is notorious for red tape. He works there now as a contractor, so he's used to it, but OMG how inefficient! 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger - I've never been attached to my maiden name -- it's not very common but it's easy to pronounce and spell and yet people pronounce and spell it wrong more often than not. I pretty much have always known I would change my last name as I wanted to have the same name as my husband and keeping mine just wasn't important to me. I didn't even consider hyphenating because 1) again, keeping my maiden name wasn't important to me and 2) it seems like more of a hassle. 

• Options
    @eilis1228 I really think you need to take a deep deep breath. Part of the frustration is stemming from there being a LOT of different things going on and lots of information and it's definitely hard to hold it all in the palm of your hand. Try narrowing it down into a few facts the next time you talk to someone in case your H doesn't have any luck this evening.

1. You have a joint checking account with USAA. Make sure both your names are current.
    2. You have a joint (savings?) account with Wells Fargo that is now closed. It's in your maiden name and your H's name. Right?
    3. You have two cashier's checks containing the balance of said closed account. Were they issued to both you AND you H? Just you? In what name?

Your H has the longer-term relationship with USAA. It might be easier for him to call and communicate with them. There aren't issues with name changes or anything for him so it should be clear from account to account that he's the same person. Obviously the first route is for him to try to deposit the check. But I'm hoping maybe making a list of the pertinent details all together and trying to consolidate everything may help your next convo with CS! This whole thing just sounds way more complicated then it has to be so I hope you get it all worked out soon!!!

• Options
    @labro I totally agree. There's way too many variables lol. I'm usually the one to call and handle all of these things, which is why it's been me thus far. Even with the name differences and the lack of history, every rep I've talked to has said my lack of history is not the reason the deposit won't go through. The only thing I'm limited on is my ability to use the mobile deposit feature on the app. Of course, they've all told me different things, so who knows. :P My name at USAA is current, but my name at WF is not. We both have personal checking and joint checking at USAA, plus a joint savings account. We had the same setup at WF in my maiden name and his name, but those accounts were closed on Saturday. My debit card is linked to my personal checking at USAA, not the joint account. No idea why I can't deposit on the app to the joint account because my name has been on that account since December, but whatever. The cashier's checks are issued in both our names (remitted from my maiden name but made out to my married name), so he can endorse and deposit them as well. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards