Nevada-Las Vegas

Location suggestions

We are getting married Sept 17 2016, we have about 30-40 people coming and we are bringing our own officant so we can do the ceremony pretty much anywhere. My fiance has never been to vegas and wants a night wedding because of the lights...
He has mentioned the Vegas sign but I am no sure how tha works . do you just walk up.. Wait your turn.. Make reservations.. ??
I am looking for info, location suggestions, or any tips you might have.

Thank you!!

Re: Location suggestions

• The sign is on a small bit of lawn in the median of a busy street. There's no reservations, no official organization, no chairs, no sound system, and no cost! 
    There is a parking lot for easy access. It might be smart to rent a bus for the size of your party, and bus parking is available. Bring your officiant and the wedding party. Just know that you'll have company - tourists will want their pictures as well - and it might be loud.
    Check that your officiant is licensed for Nevada. It's pretty easy, so not too much to worry about. Afterwards, you could look at Cili at Bali Hai or Panevino as reception locations, as they're close by.
  • Cool idea...by the sign.... But aren't u worried that your guests will just be standing around on the small patch of grasS? It's a cool idea though
  • If you're really thinking night wedding with the lights of Vegas, you might consider the Platinum Hotel.  They have a rooftop ceremony space that looked like it had a nice few of the strip.  Otherwise, in-suite from Mandalay Bay or Cosmo might work. (I'm less familiar with the views from other suites.)  The sign is at the far south end.  It might be a little tricky to make it work with 40 guests...I struggled to find transportation for our 35, without doing two buses. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards