Pre-wedding Parties

Bacholorette Party Drama! - I am so over this nonsense.

So I've been trying to coordinate with my bridesmaids a day for the bachelorette party. My wedding is May 29th, so the MOH wants to do it the weekend before. I told her I really wanted to have my mom, FMIL, and few close friends who aren't in the bridal party there. So the only day that would work would be May 7th. It's the only day my mom and I both have a weekend off, and its the only day my best friend would  be able to go, and i'd love for her to come since she can't go to the wedding.

So yesterday we discussed this and basically after she said that it was fine, like a half an hour later she said that I should just do something with the "older ladies" on the 7th and they'd do something closer to the wedding because apparently that's more traditional. She only invited her 2 sisters (they are my fiancé's cousins), my fiancé's sister-in-law, and his other brother's girlfriend. They didn't invite the moms, my long-time friends, or even the other 2 bridesmaids (my aunt and sister)! I feel like they totally disregarding the few things I had asked them to consider.

So now my sister and aunt are planning a separate one on the 7th and i'll have to attend both... which totally stresses me out because I have a million and one things to take care of. And on top of that, her sister decided today to have her baby shower that day, knowing full well it's the only day that this party can happen. It's like a battle between the two sides! I would love to include my MIL but i'm afraid she'll go to the baby shower instead (which is for her second child btw).

Am I overreacting or is this all just madness?!

Re: Bacholorette Party Drama! - I am so over this nonsense.

• I think you can tell your MOH, "I'm sorry, but due to your going back on me after telling me that the two requests I made were "fine," I'm going to have to decline your party.  It isn't going to work for me."
  • I agree with both responses above.  Your MOH should be in charge of all the planning if she offered to host, but should obviously accommodate your preference when it comes to the date.  And the guest list is 100% your call.  If she can't accept those 2 terms, you shouldn't feel bad about kindly declining her offer to throw the party. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards