Attire & Accessories Forum

Female groomsmen

My fiance is having his sister as a groomsmen. The problem I am having is what to have her wear. The groomsmen are wearing Navy Blue jeans, cowboy hats, white button up shirt, and boots. They will have a matching tie/vest to the color of bridesmaids dresses which are all different colors. (We have 4 on each side so 4 different colors) What do I do for my fiance sister?

Re: Female groomsmen

• What does she want to wear?  If she knows what the other individuals are wearing she may have preference.

• Could she wear a dress similar to the bridesmaids? She could still wear the same colour as her "pair", and everyone would know whose side she is on because she'll be standing next to your FI. 

My friend's husband had a groomswoman. The bridesmaids wore purple dresses. The groomsmen were in black suits. The groomswoman wore a black dress. 

Though I'm not sure how you would have your FSIL match the groomsmen unless she wore a jean dress ;), thus I think I'd have her similar to the BMs. 
  • Your fiance asks her what she wants to wear. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • STARMOON44STARMOON44 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2016
    SP29 said:
    Could she wear a dress similar to the bridesmaids? She could still wear the same colour as her "pair", and everyone would know whose side she is on because she'll be standing next to your FI. 

My friend's husband had a groomswoman. The bridesmaids wore purple dresses. The groomsmen were in black suits. The groomswoman wore a black dress. 

Though I'm not sure how you would have your FSIL match the groomsmen unless she wore a jean dress ;), thus I think I'd have her similar to the BMs. 

She would match the groomsmen if she wore jeans and a white button down shirt! I agree with everyone else, he should just ask her, but this one isn't even hard. 
  • SP29 said:
    Could she wear a dress similar to the bridesmaids? She could still wear the same colour as her "pair", and everyone would know whose side she is on because she'll be standing next to your FI. 

She would match the groomsmen if she wore jeans and a white button down shirt! I agree with everyone else, he should just ask her, but this one isn't even hard. 
    DUH! Haha, yes, women can wear pants too ;). I am sure SIL could rock the jeans, boots, hat and white shirt. 

My point with having SIL match the BMs, is that just because she is standing on the grooms side doesn't mean she can't wear the same thing the other women are wearing, or that this has to throw a wrench in the "theme"- the guests will know SIL is a groomswoman, because she'll be standing up beside him. 
  • SP29 said:
    SP29 said:

DUH! Haha, yes, women can wear pants too ;). I am sure SIL could rock the jeans, boots, hat and white shirt. 

My point with having SIL match the BMs, is that just because she is standing on the grooms side doesn't mean she can't wear the same thing the other women are wearing, or that this has to throw a wrench in the "theme"- the guests will know SIL is a groomswoman, because she'll be standing up beside him. 
    Ditto this. Sorry, but I wouldn't want to wear jeans to a wedding just to look like men during a ceremony. Some women may embrace that, but if I'd rather wear a dress to a wedding anyway, that extends to my bridal party attire. 

We had a groomswoman and she wore a black dress just like the bridesmaids did. 

• She has no preference on what to wear. But my sisters and I thought about having her in a navy blue dress with a sash or waist belt that match the BM dress she would be paired with.
  • She has no preference on what to wear. But my sisters and I thought about having her in a navy blue dress with a sash or waist belt that match the BM dress she would be paired with.
    I think as long as she is comfortable with that, it would look very nice.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Agree with @pinupbride6189, that as long as she is okay with it, I think it will be lovely.  Although this is still your FI's decision as she is on his side...
  • I was the best woman in my friends wedding. The guys all wore suits. I wore everything to match the top and then wore a pencil skirt. I just got everything in kids sizes so it was more fitted. 

She could wear a cute jean skirt with the boots and match the rest of the GM's tops. :-)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards