Wedding Woes

Poll: Do you wear makeup at work?

2»

Re: Poll: Do you wear makeup at work?

• I always wear at least my minimum: under eye concealer, eyeliner, mascara. I'm very pale and just think I look like a ghost without something on my eyes. 

If something important is going on at work I"ll make extra effort with some light foundation or tinted moisturizer and neutral eye shadow. 
    I think this is the other thing that bugs me. If you don't wear makeup, then on the occasions you do, you feel like a million bucks. Everyone tells you you look great and asks you if you have a hot date or whatever (ask me how I know...).

But if you regularly wear makeup but something goes wrong in the morning and you have to go in without it (even if you put it on once you get there), the comments can be awful. I had a coworker like this, and if she came into the office without mascara people would actually say things like "Oh my god, you look terrible! Are you okay?!" It was really fucked up. 
    I really don't think people are purposefully being rude when they say things like that.  I think it is more that if someone comes into work looking one way every single day for months at a time, but then one day comes in looking different it is noticeable and may lead people to question if there is something wrong.

I wear a full face (not heavy) of make up to work every day.  I also do my hair, whether it be up in a nice bun or blown out, I also dress well.  Now if I came into work with no makeup on, or my hair wet, or dressed in wrinkled clothes, I am sure someone will question if I am okay.  Not because I look bad, but because I don't look like my 'normal' self.
    No, I completely agree that's why the comments are made (looking different from usual). But that's what makes me waffle on wearing it every day. Like, this is my face. I like it. I think it's great. When I put makeup on it's just a choice to look more polished, like wearing a blazer. Hearing that I look like a worn out work boot (or you know, whatever) without it is hurtful and unnecessary. 

So maybe people can learn to be more polite and instead of saying, "Are you okay?! You look so tired," just say, "How are you today?" and let her tell you if she's freakin tired. lol. I shall start a thread on the E board. ;) 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I always wear at least my minimum: under eye concealer, eyeliner, mascara. I'm very pale and just think I look like a ghost without something on my eyes. 

If something important is going on at work I"ll make extra effort with some light foundation or tinted moisturizer and neutral eye shadow. 
    I think this is the other thing that bugs me. If you don't wear makeup, then on the occasions you do, you feel like a million bucks. Everyone tells you you look great and asks you if you have a hot date or whatever (ask me how I know...).

But if you regularly wear makeup but something goes wrong in the morning and you have to go in without it (even if you put it on once you get there), the comments can be awful. I had a coworker like this, and if she came into the office without mascara people would actually say things like "Oh my god, you look terrible! Are you okay?!" It was really fucked up. 
    I really don't think people are purposefully being rude when they say things like that.  I think it is more that if someone comes into work looking one way every single day for months at a time, but then one day comes in looking different it is noticeable and may lead people to question if there is something wrong.

I wear a full face (not heavy) of make up to work every day.  I also do my hair, whether it be up in a nice bun or blown out, I also dress well.  Now if I came into work with no makeup on, or my hair wet, or dressed in wrinkled clothes, I am sure someone will question if I am okay.  Not because I look bad, but because I don't look like my 'normal' self.
    No, I completely agree that's why the comments are made (looking different from usual). But that's what makes me waffle on wearing it every day. Like, this is my face. I like it. I think it's great. When I put makeup on it's just a choice to look more polished, like wearing a blazer. Hearing that I look like a worn out work boot (or you know, whatever) without it is hurtful and unnecessary. 

So maybe people can learn to be more polite and instead of saying, "Are you okay?! You look so tired," just say, "How are you today?" and let her tell you if she's freakin tired. lol. I shall start a thread on the E board. ;) 

I get the opposite and it makes me so uncomfortable. If I have a meeting or somewhere to go after work and I wear makeup, I get "WOW! You look great!!" ALL DAY. I get uncomfortable with any comments about my appearance in general, but the "holy shit you're so much better looking with makeup on!" is really uncomfortable for me.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I'm not allowed to wear makeup or hair products to work and I'm kind of glad because it saves me so much time in the morning. A lot of people ask if it bothers me but it really doesn't because it's not like I'm the only one not wearing it, no one can. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Am I the only one who doesn't own any makeup at all? I think I might have a ten year old tube of lipstick somewhere.

• Am I the only one who doesn't own any makeup at all? I think I might have a ten year old tube of lipstick somewhere.
    I only have the stuff from my wedding and my choir days.  Which might be expired.  I don't know.  I hate dealing with make up so I very rarely wear it.  
  • I wear orange hi vis coveralls and a hard hat to work, so no makeup. When we say 'full face' at my work it means 'full face respirator' for biohazardous materials. Outside of work I wear BB cream and mascara. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards