Wedding Woes

Monday!

How was the weekend? 

Saturday I went to this whole in the wall nasty place for an oil change.  They were nice enough, but blech.  Then I took Megan to her first school birthday party.  She had a ball and I found somewhere new they can play.

Sunday was church and sort of laziness.  6let is sick so we just sort of played around the house and admired my new curtains.

Today my folks are coming over.  We're hemming curtains for the bookcases and that's about it.

Re: Monday!

• Weekend turned out nice.  

Friday, we tried to tell ourselves we were going to clean house...but we just ordered pizza and watched TV.  ;)  

Saturday, we were up and at it early.  I went shopping (Costco, Trader Joe's, Old Navy, and Bed, Bath, and Beyond, in under 3 hours!).  DH and the kids cleaned house.  FIL and DH's uncle came over for dinner, along with the kiddo's GF.  We tried to watch Mad Max, but started it way too late and couldn't finish because we were so tired.  

Sunday, I worked OT in the morning.  DefConn and I watched the movie "Home", which was all right.  The kiddo went to his friend's funeral and we went to dinner at my parent's house.  After the kiddo got back, we had a good chat with him.  

DH's interview is on Weds.  Please send the most purple vibes possible.  He needs to GTFO his current job.  I would burn the place down if I wouldn't go to prison for life.  
  • The weekend was good.  We spent all day Saturday at a wrestling tournament for my nephew and then went out to dinner with my mom.  Sunday was church, groceries and a little local exploring.  The weather was gorgeous yesterday with a January thaw!  

I woke up this morning with a pounding headache.  It's getting better and I'm at work but not hitting on all cylinders.
  • HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2016
    Saturday got off to a rocky start.  Coffee maker broke.  :(  We had to drop the car off to be detailed, so on the way back, we drove through Starbucks.  Got home, put my cup on the island, and DS knocked it off.  Luckily, it had cooled somewhat and didn't get on him (except his socks, so of course he pitched a fit about that), but my flat white was all over the floor.  DH offered me his, but a) I couldn't do that, and b) he likes caramel macchiatos, which are too sweet for me.  Tragic.

After that, I just felt like I was behind the 8-ball most of the day.  Yesterday was so much better.  We got up and I made banana chocolate chip pancakes while DH and the kids played Legos in the family room.  You know how you're just doing your thing, and it's going well, and the people you love are right there and everyone is having a good time?  That was yesterday morning.  :)

Took the kids to the Lego store, made a pasta run, got Wooz's 100 days of school project done with zero drama.  (Well, DS tried to eat the Goldfish, but since there were plenty of extras, that was pretty easy to resolve.) 

Boss is in Mexico all week, and my other nearest coworker is out sick, so it's really quiet here.  It should be a good week:  Super Bowl potluck Friday (and DS starts soccer at DC), Wooz has a playdate with a kid I actually like on Saturday, we're doing our annual beignets and king cake next weekend (Wooz always hides the baby), then the Super Bowl, and by then it will almost be time for Valentines and mountains and cabin and snow tubing. 

ETA:

DH's interview is on Weds.  Please send the most purple vibes possible.  He needs to GTFO his current job.  I would burn the place down if I wouldn't go to prison for life.  

All the purple, and if all else fails, there's always the bail fund.  ;)

httpwwwjmtradingplcomwp-contentuploads201206pantone_colours_img_6jpg

• Saturday I did laundry and a deep cleaning in the basement where it had gotten pretty mildewy.  Feels really good to be done with that and to be able to use that room again.  

Sunday was a bit lazier, just some more laundry and a bit of tidying.  Then DH watched a couple episodes of X Files on Netflix, then went to Goodwill and church.  We at least dropped off more stuff at Goodwill than we bought:)

@6fsn, I'm curious, what are the curtains on a bookcase for?
  • It was fun.  Friday night night I went out, saw a drag show, and danced my butt off.  It was so much fun.  Saturday I stayed in most of the day, did some organization work I needed to, organized more of my apartment, and slept like a rock that night.  

Sunday I went to see Labyrinth on the big screen and it was AWESOME.  Everyone started clapping when the title showed up on the screen and when Bowie made his appearance.  People were singing along with the songs and yelling the one-liners with the characters ("Well, laugh" and "SNAKE EYES").  I had the best time.  I got a little teary during World Falls Down and Within You.  I imagine it's probably what Rocky Horror Picture Show viewings feel like for people who found that movie so important to their identity.  I also ate a massive amount of popcorn and drank a huge root beer.  My body was so mad at me that night.  :smile:   But I slept like a rock again last night.

I'm trying to be ready for the work week but it feels like 2 nights of really good sleep was a gateway drug for more sleep.
  • @Heffalump I understand the saddness of the spilled coffee! We moved this weekend and weren't able to find the coffee pot until yesterday. H ran out to the coffee shop and I spilled half of it on my table as soon as he brought it home. Thank god I caught it in time to save some. I'm pretty cranky in the morning without coffee. 

This weekend was all moving, cleaning, unpacking, and more cleaning. However Bu Sunday I had had enough of takeout so I made potatoe cheddar soup for the first time and it turned out great. H is not adventurous when it comes to trying new good even liked it and asked that I make it again. I call that a win. 

• Weekend was lazy - we mostly hung out at home and relaxed/did some cleaning. We made fire on Saturday and roasted sausages, cinnamon pineapple, and marshmallows. Sunday was more of the same - DK hit us the grocery store and then brewed some beer (i think he said it's a "smoky citrus ipa") - i needed to do my "business selfie" for work, so set up the camera and had him take like 30 shots of me. I used my ring flash and reflector - yay for photography toys!

Only 3 days of work this week, and 2 PT appointments. 

We're leaving for FL and the Bahamas on Thursday morning, and will be gone until the 13. I'm looking forward to seeing some hockey, swimming with the stingrays, snorkeling, and relaxing on the beach. 
  • This weekend turned out pretty great. Friday night we relaxed, and just unwound from the weekend. Saturday and Sunday DD slept in till about 9:30 am, which is unheard of for her. But she decided last week to not nap at DC so she was exhausted. Best part is that it didn't screw up her nap schedule. Did a Costco run, the grocery store, de cluttered some areas of the house, and did more relaxing. It was a nice weekend although it could have been longer. 
  • VarunaTT said:
    It was fun.  Friday night night I went out, saw a drag show, and danced my butt off.  It was so much fun.  Saturday I stayed in most of the day, did some organization work I needed to, organized more of my apartment, and slept like a rock that night.  

Sunday I went to see Labyrinth on the big screen and it was AWESOME.  Everyone started clapping when the title showed up on the screen and when Bowie made his appearance.  People were singing along with the songs and yelling the one-liners with the characters ("Well, laugh" and "SNAKE EYES").  I had the best time.  I got a little teary during World Falls Down and Within You.  I imagine it's probably what Rocky Horror Picture Show viewings feel like for people who found that movie so important to their identity.  I also ate a massive amount of popcorn and drank a huge root beer.  My body was so mad at me that night.  :smile:   But I slept like a rock again last night.

I'm trying to be ready for the work week but it feels like 2 nights of really good sleep was a gateway drug for more sleep.
    That Labyrinth screening sounds awesome!  I need to see if I can find one near me.  
    On that note, have you read this fan-made webcomic? It has lots of different fandoms represented, but Labyrinth is a main one:)  http://pika-la-cynique.deviantart.com/gallery/772068/Girls-Next-Door 
  • Saturday - lunch with DH, cleaned the house.

Sunday - X-games.  Lunch with DH.  When DH went to work and I was incredibly lazy.  I had Yahtzee app games going on with like 6-7 different people all afternoon-evening.

Some 24 inches of snow dumped in the last 2 days.  And it's still snowing (except another 10+ inches).   I'm not a great skier, but I have to say I'm bummed I'm working and not skiing right now.    I may have to take tomorrow off.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • @lyndausvi, since you were close to the action...did you hear any whispers/rumors/innuendo regarding why Shaun White wasn't invited to the X-Games this year?  No one in the sports reporting world seems to know.  It's a very curious case.  
  • Yesterday was church, followed by church meeting (which I didn't realize until I was there).  Buffy had wanted to make cupcakes on Saturday, so we showed up for the church meeting with a tray of red-velvet cupcakes, with hot pink frosting, and cherries and sprinkles on top.  Everyone was OK w/ that--and knew who had picked the decorations :)

Saturday Buffy watched "the empire strikes back" with us.  SHe was underwhelmed by the fatherhood revelation, so, IDK, not getting it maybe?
    She processes big stuff slow though, so I'm going to guess I'll hear about it this week.
    And we drove to the other side of the BFE for the area's best pizza...AND confirmed that they are creating a new location at where our old mechanic's shop was.  So...loose the mechanic's shop, gain the 30 lb from the pizza place...we can handle that I guess.

And we made her valentines box for school, start addressing all 26 today, after school, because I"m sure it'll take HOURS.
    (and I volunteered for a craft on the day of that party.  Anyone have an easy knock your socks off craft station for kindy, I"m open to suggestion; currently I"m thinking pipecleaner/bead wands or thaumatropes)
  • VarunaTT said:
    It was fun.  Friday night night I went out, saw a drag show, and danced my butt off.  It was so much fun.  Saturday I stayed in most of the day, did some organization work I needed to, organized more of my apartment, and slept like a rock that night.  

That Labyrinth screening sounds awesome!  I need to see if I can find one near me.  
    On that note, have you read this fan-made webcomic? It has lots of different fandoms represented, but Labyrinth is a main one:)  http://pika-la-cynique.deviantart.com/gallery/772068/Girls-Next-Door 
    @scrunchythief I HAVE NOT SEEN THIS ONE AND HAVE NOW SHARED IT WITH SO MANY FRIENDS!!!  Thank you!  I'll have to read it after work, b/c it definitely looks like a rabbit hole.  :smile: 
  • @lyndausvi, since you were close to the action...did you hear any whispers/rumors/innuendo regarding why Shaun White wasn't invited to the X-Games this year?  No one in the sports reporting world seems to know.  It's a very curious case.  

We went to the Ski Slope Style finals not the snowboard ones. I didn't even ask anyone.

It's interesting he wasn't invited, but I do not know how all that works.    I heard he is not well liked among other snowboarders.  Maybe that has something to do with it?   Maybe he is getting too "expensive"?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    @lyndausvi, since you were close to the action...did you hear any whispers/rumors/innuendo regarding why Shaun White wasn't invited to the X-Games this year?  No one in the sports reporting world seems to know.  It's a very curious case.  

We went to the Ski Slope Style finals not the snowboard ones. I didn't even ask anyone.

It's interesting he wasn't invited, but I do not know how all that works.    I heard he is not well liked among other snowboarders.  Maybe that has something to do with it?   Maybe he is getting too "expensive"?
    It wouldn't be surprising if he wasn't well liked.  He got arrested for being drunk and trashing a hotel room in the last year or two, plus I think he was a total dick at the time he was arrested.  

But yes, his appearance fee may be getting too high. I'm not worried about the dude, as he has several business ventures to line his pockets.  But it's definitely interesting the level of hush-hush around it. 
  • lyndausvi said:
    @lyndausvi, since you were close to the action...did you hear any whispers/rumors/innuendo regarding why Shaun White wasn't invited to the X-Games this year?  No one in the sports reporting world seems to know.  It's a very curious case.  

It wouldn't be surprising if he wasn't well liked.  He got arrested for being drunk and trashing a hotel room in the last year or two, plus I think he was a total dick at the time he was arrested.  

But yes, his appearance fee may be getting too high. I'm not worried about the dude, as he has several business ventures to line his pockets.  But it's definitely interesting the level of hush-hush around it. 
    Just last week it was announced he was part of some resort in Mammouth Ca.  Maybe he was being a dick and trying to get Xgames moved over there? 

Who knows?  

The last time he got a medal at Winter Xgames was 2013.  Maybe they were looking for new blood?   I heard he was invited to Xgames in Oslo in a few months.

• This weekend was great. I feel like I blinked and it was over, though.

Friday night my mom, DH and I went and ate at my grandparents' house for mom's birthday. My grandma has Alzheimer's, but her memory was on point that night. She was laughing and telling jokes just like she used to when I was younger. I haven't heard her laugh in years. That was a special birthday gift from God to my mom.

Saturday I went grocery shopping and made a coconut cream pie for mom's birthday. Then DH and I ordered pizza and were lazy the rest of the night.

Yesterday was church and then a frenzy of baking and cooking for mom's birthday dinner. She brought her little maltipoo over and we just laughed and talked and had a blast. My brother and his girlfriend came a little later too, which was really fun.

After they left and I cleaned up, I fell asleep on the couch from drinking too much wine. Ooooops. I was feeling that this morning. :s

• This weekend was great. I feel like I blinked and it was over, though.
    Agreed!

Friday night I caught up on some shows on the DVR and did some online shopping for myself and a friend's bridal shower :-)  Her shower is a Mad Hatter tea party theme, so I just had to buy a new dress and shoes from Modcloth, and a few accessories.

Saturday I went out to lunch with some of my family, then headed out to the craft stores to pick up supplies for a mini top hat fascinator I'm making for the shower; It's going to resemble the Cheshire cat, hopefully, when all is said and done.

Sunday I watched "The Man from U.N.C.L.E" and "Cut Bank" and cleaned the apartment.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards