Not Engaged Yet

It's Tuesday.

Or as I like to call it... Friday... or.... my last day of work until February 16th. 

SORRY. I COULDN'T RESIST. 

Last night I did a little food shopping and got some of H's favorite things. I figured we'll have a movie night at some point over the next week and a half and since I don't have a microwave, I bought JIFFY POP. H literally jumped up and down when he saw it. 

Tonight I have a Devils game and it's against our rivals (cc: @Peaseblossom55 ) so it'll definitely be a good game! 

H's surgery is scheduled for early tomorrow morning and we have to be at the hospital at 6am. I'm (maybe irrationally) a little nervous, mainly because anesthesia freaks me out a bit. This is the first time he's had surgery or been the one needing to be looked after in the nearly 9 years we've been together. It's a simple surgery so I'm sure everything will be ok, I just want it over quickly and for it to go smoothly. 

And then I'm off for a while. My coworker goes out on maternity leave at the end of the month so this is my last chance to take time off for a really long time (she'll be out for 6 months). I have no real plans and I'm really looking forward to it. I'll pop into TK when I can, H tends to hog the laptop when we're both home so sadly it might not be often unless I can get logged in on my phone/iPad. Please don't forget me! 

Re: It's Tuesday.

• @CocoBellaF - I think you sent us your warm weather, it was 58 yesterday and will be 60 tomorrow. It's so weird! Yay for baby appointment! Is it a routine check up or is it a "big" one? 

• Just a routine, @Swazzle.  The big one is on the 19th!!
  • @swazzle vibes that the surgery goes well and quickly!

I got stuck in a massive project yesterday that took all day so I couldn't play. Today is looking like much of the same. Last night I went home, did Zumba and did a little tidying, then promptly fell asleep on the couch. 

I have a meeting today with the Superintendent and we are thinking she is giving us raises. She just re-did all of our job descriptions and gave everyone a little more responsibilities. I really hope so, because she said it will be retro back to July 1 of last year. FINGERS CROSSED!!
    friends tv show funy
  • @swazzle that's awesome that you have the time to take with him! Good luck, I'm sure surgery will go great. Why don't you have a microwave? lol

@cocobellaf good luck at the check up!

@southernpeach89 Yay that's adorable! My parents (as we all know are assholes) never did things like Easter baskets. I can't wait to do fun shit like that for my child!

Well I'm in the middle of month end so I couldn't chat yesterday and I'll probably get way busy today as well. I have to get it all done by Thursday because Friday I fly out to AZ for my cousin's shitshow of a wedding. Looking forward to my 88 year old grandparents coming with me and spending time with them!

• @CocoBellaF - Ohhhh that is SO soon! 

@caseface5 - Everything is crossed for a good meeting! 

@southernpeach89 - Callie's basket is going to be SO cute! 

@untouchablets - Lookit all those nuggets!

@jenna8984 - The one in our apartment was tiny and we rarely used it so we just left it for the next renters to have. When we moved into our house we just didn't buy one and I haven't missed it. Have a great time in AZ! 

• @caseface5 Fingers crossed for a raise!!!

@untouchablets OMG puppies! They are so tiny!!!

@jenna8984 It's so much fun! I love buying her stuff...I wish my wallet loved it too but it doesn't lol.

• @swazzle oh man I use mine all the time! leftovers, melt butter or cream cheese for recipes, defrost bread and bagels, hot chocolate, popcorn, heat up queso.... but jiffy pop yum! Also I stalk the SF thread, did you hear back from customer service about your shitty box?

• @minskat30 - Right there with you!  I hope you get a lot of rest tonight.
  • @CocoBellaF - That's seriously so exciting. Are you and your H leaning a certain way towards what you each think it is?

@jenna8984 - I just melt butter on the stove and heat up leftovers there/in the oven (which actually tastes 1 billion times better!) and cream cheese softens really quickly if left out on my counter so I really haven't missed it! I did hear back, I meant to post about it over there and forgot! 

@minskat30 - Thank you <3 No matter how you feel, you look gorgeous to me! Dreams are so weird. 

@southernpeach89 - You're an incredible mama! 

• @Swazzle - H would like to have a girl, but he either way he is going to be stoked.  I kind of feel like it might be a boy sometimes, might be a girl sometimes.  I really don't know!!  I don't have a preference either way.
  • @minskat30 Aw thank you! I can tell you're going to be a spectacular mother already! Your little girl is very lucky!

@labro Maddux was exhausted yesterday when I picked him up. He slept the rest of the day. I felt bad but then I didn't because he was psychotic last week when I kept him home with me lol.

@Swazzle Thank you! You are giving me all the feels!
  • @swazzle Oh that works! We hate doing dishes and putting saucepans in the dishwasher, so I love being able to heat up butter in a tiny little Tupperware rather than dirtying a whole pan. That sounds so lazy hahaha. Whatever works!!

@minskat30 ugh same here on the daycares, I have a few lined up to meet when I get back from AZ and they are 75% of our mortgage cost. I still have to talk to my boss about working 1 day from home per week so that would help but I don't know if they will approve that, they are kind of stupid about that kind of thing.

@labro man I hope your H gets his raise or bonus!

• @eilis1228 haha cousin it! I got mine cut on Saturday and I asked H if he liked it. He replied "you can't cut off half an inch and expect me to notice". I was like uuuum try 4 inches buddy!

• @cu97tiger - Waiting two more months, when you've already waited so long, must be torture.  I'm sorry.  :(  I am really proud of you though for taking that time off to do healthy things like run a half marathon...I would be using it to increase my edge in competitive wine drinking skills.  Know that, for whatever extent it helps, my thoughts and prayers are with you guys.  Hugs.

@eilis1228 - I can't WAIT to see the hair.  Please share before and afters.  
  • @Swazzle I hope your H's surgery goes well! Enjoy the time off. Your coworker is taking 6 months? That's really awesome for her and her baby. That would never be allowed where I work!
    @Caseface5 I hope you get that raise!
    @untouchablets Omg they are SO TINY!
    @jenna8984 Hope your week goes well, and I look forward to you reporting back about the shitshow wedding. 
    @minskat30 I'm sorry you couldn't sleep, but I'm glad your H was good at analyzing the bad dream! 

I stayed up too late last night and I'm paying for it today. I luckily have kind of a lull at work right now so I can just chill a bit and not think much. Also woke up before my alarm with some raging pain and I think I might have a bladder stone, so I'm drinking all the water today in hopes to get rid of it. If nothing changes and the pain continues I might need to hit up urgent care, and I really don't want to do that because EVERY TIME I go I end up catching illness. 

Yesterday I left work on time for the first time in over a week, so I used that time to go to Target and Lowes for adulting. Shopping isn't as much fun when it's shit you NEED. I did buy some snacks though, so that eased the pain. 

I have absolutely no plans today other than booking a flight for a conference, but at least that means in a little over a month I'll get to hang out in Florida for a couple days! I'll actually get some free time too, so I am hoping I can spend some time with my best friend who lives there. 

• @cu97tiger aww yay! Poodles are so much fun. I'm keeping you in my thoughts that that this whole IVF process gets better *hugs!*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards