Just Engaged and Proposals

Using Tree as Backdrop

Hi, I am getting married in May. This is our venue.  I am not using an arch, because I like how the trees create their own arch in a way.  I have been searching for ideas on how to enhance the trees (like lights, jars with candles, etc).  However, I am concerned that glass may be too heavy for the limbs.  I was just wanting some input from people who have done this or anyone who hasany ideas. Thanks!
tigerlily6

Re: Using Tree as Backdrop

• Fairy lights or festoon lights would be beautiful if it was slightly later (early evening, maybe?), but would be lost in the daytime. What about pretty garlands like this:

Or colourful paper cranes could be fun:

Or ribbons, flower garlands, balloons...there are a ton of things you could do in such a beautiful location. Let us know how you get on!

tigerlily6
  • thisismynickname2thisismynickname2 City By The Lake
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    Hard to tell from the picture but are the trees a bit further behind? Or will you get married more under the trees? 
    I love the garlands above; round paper lanterns would be fun and visible at a bit of a distance.

• Hi, I really love that garland.  The wedding is at 6:30pm. So it will be a little darker; however, I don't think the sun sets until like 7:30.  They are a little bit further from the tree than I will be since they have the arch.  We will most likely be about a foot in front of trees.   I love that flower garland, I just don't know whether to do the area near us (like pictured) or more of the trees?
  • thisismynickname2thisismynickname2 City By The Lake
    2500 Comments 500 Love Its Fourth Anniversary First Answer
    I'd do the area closest to you to draw the eye to the exact ceremony spot. 

• I saw this recently - they hung a small chandelier and some flowers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards