Attire & Accessories Forum

Will neutral maids clash with my pure white dress and silver accessories?

I need help with my wedding colors and style! I think I made a mistake getting my dress without realizing it kind of sets the tone for everything else. I want neutral and gold to be my wedding colors (really love gold glitter accents) BUT my dress is pure white satin with silver details so I pretty much have to wear silver accessories. If I put my maids in taupe/champagne/beige/ivory dresses, wouldn't gold accessories work better for them? Would my silver tones clash with the decor of the wedding too? I think my dress is more glamorous and formal than I realized and isn't really going with short chiffon maids dresses I imagined. The wedding is at a golf course early September with mountain views. Any advice? I'm worried I have to reimagine everything to work with my dress!

Re: Will neutral maids clash with my pure white dress and silver accessories?

• CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    If your ladies have not already selected and ordered their dresses, you should be able to choose any colors you wish.  Neutrals do not clash, but sometimes they can just be boring.  Gold and silver do not clash, either.   It is completely up to you.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I would also say to make sure your bridesmaids are ok wearing neutrals. If they are pale it probably won't look good on them. I have a champagne dress from a wedding and I wore it and smiled but I look sick in the pictures. Gold and silver can look good together so I think you may be overthinking it. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would say that if you go with neutral dresses you may want to consider some bright colored flowers for the bouquets, because like CMGr noted all neutrals can get kind of boring or very monotone.

Definitely check with your BMs if a champagne/taupe dress will work with their skin tone.  Nothing worse then having to wear a dress that completely washes you out.

Don't over think this.  Neutrals are called neutrals for a reason and that is because they always coordinate well together and with many other colors.

• When I do a Google image search for "neutral bridesmaid dresses" I come up with tons of pictures of gorgeous bridal parties. Not just champagne or taupe either. 
    Check this one out; this could fit with a gold and glamorous vision. I think you have a ton of options. 

• Ok when I say "neutral" it could go either way or mismatched ivory, beige, taupe, blush, metallic, etc. I'm partially colorblind so nuances like this are hard for me to name and that's why I need help. I didn't know I could attach images but this should help...here's my dress (minus the bow!) and some of the bridesmaids dresses I like. The reason I say I should wear silver is because the sparkles on the top of the dress are silver.
  • I wore silver earrings and my wedding decor had gold accents. It was fine and I loved how everything looked.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• The one concern to really have is the neutrals with your BM's skin tones...  Really - for some women they just entirely wash them out!  I'm in the two shades of skin club - bleach or lobster if I happen to get sun, neutrals don't do me any favors! 

Yes, you can wear gold-tone jewelry if that's what you want.  Take your BM shopping and see how they look in the colors you're considering.  If you want short dresses, get short dresses!  Don't turn the dresses into a stress/drama, the only detail to really get focused on is "is this dress going to make my BM's look good while adhering to the lowest budget amount?" 

• Your accessories and dress don't need to match the decor. Neither do the BM dresses. You are totally overthinking that. I agree on the "be careful of neutrals". I look horrible in beige, champagne, silver. Check with your girls to see what they think.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards