Not Engaged Yet
Options

TGIF!!!

2»

Re: TGIF!!!

• Options
    @minskat30 If you got great vibes from the caregivers at both places and there are no lawsuits against either, then I'd say it really does come down to location. Do both offer web cams for you to be able to check in and watch? One of my coworkers is currently going through a huge, terrible ordeal with a daycare, so all the questions I'm asking are things she and I have talked about. 

@speakeasy14 Oh, shoes would be a great gift for a one year old! Also, where in Tejas? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    @beachyone15 YAY! We'll be in town the 26-28. 

• Options
    @speakeasy14 Well, if you guys end up going, I'll see if I can get away that weekend too for a meetup. Maybe @audrewuh could join me too depending on when it is. I have a ton of family and friends down there, so I'm always looking for an excuse to go. 

• Options
    @AlPacina Thankfully we do! DH and I can barely fit into a queen size bed lol. A lot of my friends with kids that are old enough to come into their bedroom at night and ask to sleep in their bed have told me about this haha. They are like, "you just wait...they will come and it won't just be once." hahaha I can see it now.
  • Options
    @AlPacina We're getting a bigger apartment within the same complex, so nothing too drastic. I've read Gone Girl (meh) and Sharp Objects (holy moly it was good but so fucked up. The hair on the back of my neck stood up through most of that book), so I figured I'd give Dark Places a shot. I'm about halfway through it. I like it, but so far it's no where near as twisted and gritty as Sharp Objects was. Knowing Gillian Flynn, everything will get ooky pretty soon. What book are you reading?

• Options
    @caseface5 - Have an awesome trip! Be safe driving!

@minskat30 - Yay for plumbing! I don't have any advice on the day care situation but your plan sounds good to me!

@cocoebellaf - Sorry you're still getting sick so much. :( I love the shirt though! Also WTG on getting the shower stuff taken care of. A girls gotta do what a girls gotta do.

@southernpeach89 - I love all your holiday decor. Please AW your St Paddys stuff!

@lavenderfields13 - Sorry work is so crazy for you! Also is it bad that I want you to have a baby so we can have more NEY babies???

@misskittydanger - WTG on the convo with your boss! Those things are always scary but always worth it in the end.

@wink0erin - WOW! So cool about the deer!!

@eilis1228 - I have been MIA so I missed the convo about moving. Where are you moving to?

Morning all! I am back in the office today for the first day all week, but like other MA girls have mentioned, it's snowing a ton here today. I think we are getting up to 10"? I was hoping for a snow day, dammit! I guess I can hope for early release? Though we all take public transit anyways so it's harder to make the case to leave early.
    I went to the gyno this morning to get my IUD checked because I was having cramping but she said everything is fine, which is relief.
    H and I had a big fight this morning and I'm still seething. I had planned to take the train to the dr but when I woke up and saw how snowy it was I realized the train was going to be a disaster so I asked if he could drive me. He refused because he had told his friend he would help him plow today. All I wanted him to do was at least call his friend and ASK if it was OK for him to come by an hour or 2 later and H would not. It felt like he was putting his friend over trying to help me out. we are supposed to be a team and to me that means making reasonable attempts to help each other out. What happens when we have kids and one of them needs to stay home sick or has a snow day and we need to rearrange our schedules to deal with it? Is he going to refuse, or is he going to make every reasonable effort to figure something out? I ended up taking the train and ended up being 30 min late for my appointment.
    I want to have a nice date night tonight like we had planned, so I really don't want to spend time discussing this. But i also don't like leaving things unfinished. UGH.

I have no plans this weekend and will likely just lay on the couch and get myself 100% well again. Woo!
  • Options

@eilis1228 - I think Dark Places was probably my least favorite of her books, but it's still good. I think there's a movie version of it now too, so I plan on watching it eventually. I thought Sharp Objects was amazingly dark and twisted, so I almost feel bad recommending it to friends, haha! I could not put it down at all.

Currently reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. And I just saw that they're making a movie of it too, coming out in a few months. It's going to be a giant sob fest, though, if I try and watch it. I just know it.

• Options
    speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited February 2016
    FYI Whooping cough vaccine -- it is included in the tetanus shot vaccine.  So as long as you are up to date on your tetanus shot, you do not need to get an additional whooping cough vaccine. 

ETA I should have said, as long as your tetanus shot was Tdap then you do not need an additional Pertussis shot. 
  • Options
    @eilis1228 - Wow, lots of space!
  • Options
    @AlPacina A few years ago I said I wanted to be done having kids (have always only wanted 2) by 27. Then I said 30. Then I didn't even get engaged until 27 and married at 28. I'm going to be 30 in October so definitely won't be on my made up timeline lol. I always wanted to be a young mom and then the older I got I was like 'I AM THE LAZIEST PERSON IN THE WORLD, HOW AM I GOING TO BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANOTHER HUMAN?!". 
    That sounds like a good plan for tomorrow. H and I never do anything like that. It's mostly my fault because again, laziest person ever. 

@jenjen047 I know, I want to have a baby around the same time as someone else! One of my good friends is having a baby in May. Hopefully me and H will at least be ready for baby#1 when she's ready for baby#2. lol 

• Options
    @eilis1228 - Good question on the cameras.  I don't think either location has them but I'll check.  
  • Options
    @AlPacina  thanks and yes and no. We did the pre-approval part and we're approved for higher than we'll go, so that really doesn't bother us. It's more looking for what we want and saving at this point.

@jenjen047 I know! Even though my boss is nice, it's still terrifying lol but she gets it so makes it easier
  • Options
    @eilis1228  the new place is going to be gorgeous and WALK IN CLOSET!?
  • Options
    @speakeasy14 Yes exactly so if you're still within that time frame of your last Tdap shot then you don't need another one. It's smart though to get it if you're not sure of when your last shot was...especially if you plan to be around a newborn.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 yup, I'm good.  I got that info from my doctor.  It amazes me that this is the first I'm hearing about it though, because I was in the hospital the day my niece was born last year and no one said anything.  
  • Options
    @southernpeach89 yup, I'm good.  I got that info from my doctor.  It amazes me that this is the first I'm hearing about it though, because I was in the hospital the day my niece was born last year and no one said anything.  
    Yea I honestly never heard about it either until I got pregnant and my doctor had me get my vaccination and then asked me if my family was vaccinated so I went and checked. Luckily most of them already were.
  • Options
    @southernpeach89  odd question, what would you do if a family member wasn't able to get vaccinated? Step-brother in law has an allergy so has no vaccines, so what would you suggest? {for future reference}
  • Options
    @MissKittyDanger Well in the time that the baby is most vulnerable I would hope that if he isn't feeling well or under the weather that he would just wait until he isn't sick to come hold the baby. I mean if he is doing great and isn't sick then by all means, come see the child lol. Babies are around people all the time who aren't vaccinated, it's just if they're sick and they spread their germs to the baby when it becomes worrisome to me at least.
  • Options

Add me to the list of people that aren't getting raises!

Ugh. I have a feeling that there is something political going on that my boss can't talk about, or maybe there are veterans he has to give preference to. But I'm still upset because he was encouraging me to apply for this a YEAR ago.

• Options
    Ugh that really sucks @AlPacina I'm sorry

• Options
    I'm sorry @alpacina. If it were up to me I'd give you all the moneys.

@wink0erin - Yeah, I know we need to talk about it. It's just not how I wanted to start our date night. :(
  • Options
    @alpacina ugh not cool! 
  • Options

@lavenderfields13 - At least I still have a happy hour to look forward to!

• Options
    @AlPacina  urg that sucks :(

@southernpeach89  for sure I know he wouldn't {also because he lives with my FIL almost an hour's drive away} just wasn't sure the risks. Thanks! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards