Wedding Woes
Options

FRIDAY!

What's up for the weekend? 

I have to work.  Our friends might come over for the Superbowl on Sunday.  Other than that, nada. 

I showed DefConn the NFL bad lip reading clip last night and he loved it.  I was laughing more at his reaction than the video. 

The kiddo and his GF broke up.  He initiated it, so he's fine.  But she friended me on FB.  I'm not going to dump her or anything because I like her and she's not annoying.   But I don't know if I'm going accept GF friend requests in the future until they're around for longer than 3 months.  ;) 

Re: FRIDAY!

• Options
    tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2016
    I'm heading out shopping after I drop Son at school.  Tonight is Sam's and then out to eat.

Tomorrow both girls have basketball games.

Sunday we're having a couple friends over for superbowl.  Nothing too exciting.  No one cares about who is playing.  I think we're just all in it for the food.
  • Options
    I landed at the doctor yesterday with sinus and ear infection.  Last night developed into pink eye in one eye and by this morning it was into the other.  I might as well get the yeast infection meds too.

M2's gymnastics was awesome last night.  She was a solid 3" shorter than the next closest girl and one she didn't even hit her shoulders.  She one the plank challenge and had the best back bend though.  I could see a little immaturity waiting in line, but otherwise she did GREAT.

I don't know what this weekend is.  I was supposed to go to early Mass tomorrow then a volunteer brunch, but I should probably stay home.  There's also a Home Depot build and stuff at the nature center.
  • Options
    Ugh.  Sorry, 6.  I hope everything clears up asap.
  • Options
    We're having our Super Bowl party at work today, and I brought everything to make guac in my office:  avocados, bowl, masher, spoon, knife, cutting board, kosher salt, Scoops.  Everything except the container of chopped onions, cilantro, and lime juice I prepped last night.  D'oh!  Looks like I'll be making a quick Publix run. 

Dropping Wooz was suspiciously easy this morning.  I only got in about 10 minutes later than usual.  DS starts soccer, so of course after being excited all week, this morning all I heard was "No soccer shirt!  NO SOCCER SHIRT!"  Wooz was so sweet with him, though.  I think she's almost as excited for him as he is.  (Well, was.)

Wooz rides tomorrow, and then in the afternoon her bestie-bestie is coming over.  Wooz is already planning an elaborate tea party and who-knows-what-else.  Sunday is beignets, king cake, and Super Bowl.  :smiley:

We leave for the mountains a week from tomorrow.  <3
  • Options
    I'm going to a vaudeville/peep show tonight.  I'm so excited. There's a knife thrower, a go-go dancer, a puppeteer and some other stuff.  IDK what I'm wearing yet.  It's me and a few female friends who are all having rough life transitions in one way or another, so I forsee lots of wine and laughing.

Other than that, my plans this weekend are minimal.  I'm getting a massage on Saturday, a date Saturday night, and seeing the dogs on Sunday.  I miss being a pet owner, dreadfully.

Oh and Diva is starting in on me keeping a "to-do" list.  Nope.  It's not going to happen, Diva.  I told the office manager from the very first moment I agreed to take on this workload that I wouldn't do that.  I'm not going to.  You know how you know that I do keep track?  I was able to e-mail you and tell you that I was at the point of not being able to handle any more 14/20 day deadlines unless it was an emergency.  B/c I handle my stuff.  My way.  My office.  My job, let me do it.
  • Options
    Nothing much.  I might go skiing tomorrow.    Normal cleaning.

They closed the restaurant on Sunday, so DH has the day off.  First one we  have had off together since Christmas day I think.  (I have s/s off, he has m/t off).

We are going to a invite-only Super Bowl party at another restaurant.   They are roasting a local pig.  It should be fun.

Being in Colorado the Super Bowl is a bigger deal then normal years.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    My friend is coming into town tomorrow to hang out.  So I got stuff for a cheese plate and will probably pick up some wine too.  I have way too much cheese for three people and I don't care:)  It will get eaten.

Sunday will be cleaning/baby proofing and getting ready for our Mardis Gras party on Tuesday.  I'm thinking of trying to make Jambalaya, but I've never done it before.  
  • Options
    I was busy as hell this last week getting grading done and semester grades finalized. This weekend I am doing some shopping and just enjoying the calm before the storm because research papers are coming due next week, and that means FML for the next 6 weeks.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards