Chit Chat

Eyebrow Help

Hope you're all doing well and looking forward to the weekend.

What eyebrow pencils, liquids, coloring etc. do you all use?  I recently discovered the Origins Fill In the Blanks Eyebrow Enhancer - Blonde and love it, but it costs $30.  This last one ran out after one month.  I'm not sure I can justify $1/day for my eyebrows and am looking for lower-cost alternatives.

Re: Eyebrow Help

• hellohkbhellohkb mod
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited February 2016
    I use Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow for my brows. It's a bit cheaper than what you're paying and it's appearing to last forever-I've had it for going on 2 years and I use it everyday, yet the thing looks barely used. I've heard NYX and ELF make good eyebrow products too at considerably cheaper price points. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I've become a fan of just filling them in with a neutral shade of eyeshadow that matches my brows. I took a cheap eyeshadow crease brush like the one below (only, like the super cheap kind), and cut it with a pair of scissors it so the bristles were short, firm, flat, and angled. My brows are naturally very dark brown (almost black, but not quite), so I take the brush and fill in with smoky gray to help fill in. I saw a YouTube video somewhere where a professional make-up artist was saying this was his favorite trick (of course, he used his own special expensive brush and line of eye shadow -- I do the cheap version). He said always try to use a slightly lighter powder than your actual brow color, so for blonde, maybe do a very light tan or even cream? All said and done, I think I spent less than $10 on my brush and eyeshadow, so I'm pretty happy with it. 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I used to use either a brow pencil or a super light brown eyeshadow (I have dark blonde hair), but then found that my eyebrows were thinning. Not sure if that is a result of what I was using or not, but that would be my one caveat.
  • I use an eyebrow brush with a matte eyeshadow powder by NYX. It lasts forever and gives me a pretty natural look. 

•  @emmaaa @tigerlily6 I'd never thought to use eyeshadow; will try to that out.  Also plan on getting the Anastasia Beverly Hills dipbrow, @hellohkb - the reviews are fantastic.  @sparklepants41 Thinning eyebrows is a scary thought.  Mine certainly aren't as resilient after trimming as they used to be -- good thing to keep in mind.  Thanks, Ladies!
  • I've also used eyeshadow that matched my brows back when I actually had some brows. I recommend that as well!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• It's hard to find a brown that's both dark enough and cool-toned enough for my eyebrow hair, which appears black except at close range. Most of them are far too red/warm-toned. Right now I'm using a warm brown Pacifica eyebrow pencil I got in an ipsy bag and just spoolie-ing the shit out of it to blend it so it doesn't look so weird. My brows are pretty nice, tbh, so I just fill in a couple places, and I don't do it every day. I'm doing my own makeup for the wedding, though, so I may invest in a better product. Any suggestions for a cool-toned dark brown would be welcome!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2016
    For years I had a mono-brow!  Then I had chemo and radiation.  The outer third of my left eyebrow is just gone.  When I care, I use this Lancome product.  http://www.lancome-usa.com/Le-Crayon-Poudre/794184,default,pd.html
    It lasts a long time, but you need to get their special sharpener.  It is too slim for my other eyebrow pencil sharpeners.
    The maddening thing is that the hairs between my brows grew back, so I have to pluck those!
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Why am I in a box???

I use an e.l.f. brow kit that has darker gel and lighter shadow to fill in. I tend to buy more expensive makeup usually, but I forgot some on vacation once and I ended up buying this at the drugstore as a cheap fill in.  It worked a lot better than I expected, and now it's all I use.  So, if you don't mind spending $3 and seeing how it goes, try it some time.  It lasts me like 3-4 months, too.  

• I usually get mine tinted once a month, but when I get lazy, I use Elizabeth Arden brow powder. Honestly, it's SO much easier IMHO to get them tinted.

• I use eye shadow as well. Only when I'm getting dolled up to go out somewhere.

I was able to find a very cheap brow brush in the cosmetics section of my local store (so you don't have to cut another brush ;) ). 
  • Alright, this is a topic that I've just recently gotten turned on to, and I've done a little experimenting. I'm not a huge fan of powders. I don't have any particular reason for that, other than trying one and not liking it.

I use IT Cosmetics Build-A-Brow Waterproof Microfiber Creme Stain. It is amazing. It looks so natural and is very buildable. Not to mention, it's waterproof and holds your brows in place. It's a little pricey ($24), but it will last forever since it doesn't take much.

• I'm from Canada, so not sure if this brand is anywhere else, but I'm really into GOSH cosmetics eyebrow pencil in GreyBrown. I just fill my brows in in tiny little strokes mimicking hair, and the brush them with the attached brush. I think the colour is almost a little waxy because I find it keeps my brows in place fairly well to as mine get a little unruly. It's like 12 bucks for the pencil but it's good quality. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I use Billion Dollar Brows and I love it. You can order online or get it at Khols- online they have a kit for the brush+powder I think it's worth it.
  • I have super thick, almost black eyebrows so I don't need a filler so much as something to tame them (and even then I only do it when I'm going out). I've tried pencils, powders, specific brow products and found that nothing works as good as black/brown mascara. I put a little on a brow brush and sweep it on just to polish a look. 
  • I use Chanel's sculpting eyebrow pencil. It's $30 but it lasts for a long time for me. I think I'm on 4 months or so and it's only halfway gone.
  • I use eyeshadow powder. I have a light brown color that only slightly darkens and shapes my blonde eyebrows. I also sometimes use bright colors, since my hair is multi-colored. I felt weird doing it, but apparently it looks good.

• I use Smashbox Brow Tech. Don't know how much it costs - it lasts forever. It is a combo of a powder then a wax. Sometimes I just use the was to tame the brows if I don't feel like doing the powder - I have pretty good brows.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards