New Jersey

No where to prep :(

My finance and I live in a small apartment in Montclair (around the corner from our church) so him and his guys will get ready there. My future sister-in-law had originally agreed to let us use their house for the girls and now she changed her mind. I have no where to get ready! I would have to book any hotel I find for 2 nights (big cost), or use my parent's house 45 minutes away. Getting ready at the church isn't an option and the bridal suite at Residence Inn in West Orange is over $400 :/  Anyone have any thoughts/ideas/suggestions??

My wedding is April 22 and I'm panicking. Thanks ladies!

Re: No where to prep :(

• edited February 2016

That's so stressful! 

My first thought would be to ask if the hotel has any meeting rooms/spaces that aren't booked for the morning of your wedding. Most of those spaces are used for corporate stuff, so they probably wouldn't be being used at that time. It would likely be cheaper than the bridal suite, and maybe they won't even charge you if you have a wedding block there. 

Does your reception venue have a bridal suite? They might be fine with letting you use it to get ready before your ceremony even though it's off site. It's worth asking if that's an option. 

Who are your makeup/hair artists? Do they have their own studios or work out of larger salons? Maybe they would be okay with letting you and your girls come in for private appointments for your prep time to get ready (that's what my salon is doing)? 

Good luck!
  • I would see if you can get ready at your venue and then take the limo to the church and back.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Do any of the groomsmen live close by and maybe have the guys get ready at a groomsmen house/apartment and you get ready in your apartment?
  • Thanks for your replies guys - we exhausted all options (seriously everything) and my fiance's mom found a Residence Inn nearby that has a bridal suite for rent! 
  • Glad you found a space!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Most hotels will throw in a bridal sweet for free if your guests book a certain # of rooms. There's no hurt in asking! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards